Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #1  
Amy

Talking Friends and Losers Thread May 12th- May18th

Good Morning friends!

I'll start off the post with announcing that I got engaged on Saturday!!!!

So, needless to say we went out a lot this weekend and I didn't watch what I ate....

Have a great day! I am off to take my last final!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Amy - we want details!

Not much to report here - had my MIL and SIL over for dinner last night - did so much running around I HAD to have lost weight! LOL. MIL left the out of control Bichon at home, so my dog was thrilled.

Anyway - heres to a great week!

Last edited by Kimphin; 05-12-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #3  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

I had yet another bad weekend, I haven't had any willpower or strength the past few weekends. The number on the scale has made me vow to be POP for the rest of the month. I expect you all to hold me to it. Hope everyone had a pleasant Mother's Day!!
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #4  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Congrats Amy!!!

I had a relaxing day yesterday and did not eat off plan. And we even went out to eat. However, I was down two fruits. I vow to be POP. I am ready to get out of the 160's. We are starting to get invited to a lot of parties and the swimsuit looks okay now but would like for it to look better.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. We went to the park and played and also walked on the trails through the woods. We have to start getting ready for hiking up Stone Mountain in about 6 weeks.

Everyone have a POP and terrific day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm trying to get back on track -- AGAIN! I had a great April, I even went to Myrtle Beach and lost 1 lb while away. Then I came back and I was kind of like, well I'm still on vacation, so a little cheating won't hurt. But a little cheating here and there seems to have added up to a gain of more than I started at in April. Very depressing. So here I am, trying to get back on track again. I'm doing FF today and tomorrow. Hopefully that will give me a good start and I'll get back on track!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Amy - Congratulations on your engagement!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #6  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Amy Congrats! Have you set a date?

I was wondering if you guys don't get all your food in doe the day do you count it as not being POP? I am doing the POP challenge and I don't want to cheat. HA! Anyway. It was a pretty good weekend. We had mothers day lunch at my place. I made Chicken and Shrimp Teriyaki. It feels so good when my family enojoys a healthy meal.
For some reason I am soo tired today. I hope I start to wake up. I am having my coffee right now.
Hope you all have a pop day!
Thanks Dionne for all of the positive support, I appreciate it!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning all!!

Congrats AMY!!!!! Hope your last final is going well too!

Julie.. Hang in there.. It happens to all of us... More than once!!! You can do it.. The first step is to make sure you don't have the crappy food in the house...

Gonnabe... You've fallen into the trap we all have from time to time.. "It's ok, I'm on vacation...."... This is a lifestyle, not a true "diet"... You don't get a vacation from it.. Sure, there are times, depending on your location and other circumstances where you won't be able to stay on plan, but you have to try to stay as close as you can... The cheats, like you say, start to add up and soon, you won't care... But I know you do, and I know you can get back on track... Doing a FF is a good way to get there mentally, but you have to follow up.. Same goes for you, Julie... Mentally, you have to be there.. We can't take the "weekend off" from this.. I'm as guilty as anyone here from doing it from time to time, so please don't think I'm preaching down to y'all...

Dionne - Way to stay on plan through the weekend.. Liz and I have to get better with that... It's a constant battle...

We have a house full of little girls on Saturday night, so yesterday was a kind of a sleepy blur... Alex's party went off without a hitch, so all involved are/were pleased..

I took DS to see the new Speed Racer movie and it was a lot of fun.. Actually better than I thought it would be...

Talk to you all soon!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was kind of borning....but I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! I know the next month or so is going ot be super busy with baby comming..........so I am fine with a boring weekend.

I am up 0.4 lbs......but I don't even care I was POP all weekend.....and I had like a 4.8 lb loss all together last week, including my FF.......so I am just fine with the numbers It just feels so good to be OP......and my energy level has been soaring!

Ok, DD and I are going to go through and wash the important baby clothes. We had our child birth class on saturday.......now we just need to get the layette in order. She has dropped quite significantly, so I am kind of thinking that baby may come a bit early

Congrats, Amy!!!! I love your new picture!!! Your fiance looks just like one of the Jersey Boys!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

ok, so I lied......I totally screwed up about my WI. I did lose.......lol.......I am down 0.6.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

What, were you holding a basket of laundry when you were on the sclae?

Cecelia - I would say that if you missed food, you weren't POP. Sorry to be a downer. Your mother's day lunch sounds yummy - isn't it amazing how on-plan food can be enjoyable? It is so hard to change your brain to believing that! (note to self .... start believing it!...)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #11  
Michelle - Starting Over

good morning everyone.

well after doing FF i gained 1/2 a lb!! what the heck is that???? lol ok.. well i'm starting the plan today. went shopping and got all kinds of healthy food.. went through my cupboards to throw out the bad stuff, surprisingly there wasn't that much to throw out (hmmm i guess some things stuck when i was doing this plan the first time around lol)

i did a little calculating, lol in the 6 months i was off the plan, i only gained 25 of the 50 lbs i'd lost. not great, but not as bad as i thought it was, and definately not as bad as it could have been.

Amy - congratulations on your engagement!

Nicole - thank you so much for sending me Deb's cookbook. way to go on the loss!! woohoo

Gonnabe - i totally understand! i did that too and really it was the beginning of the end for me. i ultimately left LA for financial reasons, but honestly, i could have tried harder on my own. you just have to decide what you want more, the little cheat here and there or weight loss and healthy life style you dream of. don't let that little "just one tiny cheat" voice get a foothold. Good luck and warmest wishes for you.

Dan - Congrats on reaching your goal!! I can't wait to be there.
WindSong40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #12  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

I have a question if anyone could help it would be great. I am trying to book our hotel for our trip at the end of June. We are flying to Atlanta with the two kids to see Dukesfest (Dukes of Hazzard thing) at Atlanta Motor Speedway. We are also going to take them to Six Flags and Stone Mountain. Does anyone have suggestions on what area of town we should stay in or completely avoid. I usually end up booking us in a bad part of town and I am trying to avoid that this time. Any suggestions on areas would be greatly appreciated.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #13  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

helllo everyone. just checking in for the day. i already worked a full day and even got my workout in already. so that's good news for me! yay!
nothing much else going on..things have been pretty boring around here for me..which is really starting to get to me, but i'll be ok.
i have my NAMI walk this weekend, so i'm super excited about that. thanks again to all of you who donated and/or took the time to check out my page, it means so much to me!

hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, Congrats on the engagement! Good luck on the last final too! Sometimes life intrudes on our weight loss plans, and we just have to get back to healthy eating as soon and as often as possible.

Jillian, you make me feel lazy.. as I've not worked out in a few days (caught a chest cold and I just don't want to make it worse).

I had a very nice mother's day, but it was very lazy and a bit naughty on the food front, as we went out for chinese food. I've drive by that restaurant all the time and wanted many, many times to go in there and get something, but I've not gone there since I joined LAWL 20 months ago.... You know what I used to not have any problem polishing off their dinner portions, but now I can't even finish their lunch portion (much smaller, but still a lot of food). Now I just have to not go back for another 20 months or more and I'll be fine.. been there and done that and I will have it again, just not today and not tomorrow.... Maybe mother's day 2010. Amazingly enough, I don't even feel bloated today after that all that salt.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

yay! Amy!!! congrats.

Nicole!!!! 13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote