Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Have to get my head on straight

I have had a really rough week. I went kinda bonkers with pizza a couple days ago, and had a meal at Dairy Queen and then my DH took me out for Mothers Day dinner (early). I did ok there, got grilled fish and veggies but also had Creme Brulee. (And the bread basket...). I ate healthy all day long but on all 3 days I overate at dinner. The scale went up 5 pounds in 3 days. I know it is mostly bloat.

Yesterday I ate healthy and 3 of those bloat pounds are gone already. But I feel so icky. Maybe part of it is recovering from the minor surgery I had Thurs. I am just tired, irritable, all around yucky feeling. I have no energy. I have no real feeling of "motivation." But I still rode the bike yesterday (slowly and on low resistance).

I just need to get my head back in the game here. I am so crabby and tired but I have really got to get this weight off.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Lyn...I totally understand. Aren't you glad that all that overeating is over. That, everyday is a new beginning.

Sounds like the the minor surgery affected you more than you thought. It's "our" way of coming with stress, change, emotions. We are 'eaters'.

Forgive yourself and plan for a healthful day. Drinks LOTS of water and carry on. You CAN do this!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

It's a food hangover. I always feel crappy for a day or 2 when I eat a meal that is atypical of my usual foods.

What has been helping me this week to keep my head on straight is reading my older blog posts to see how far I have come. And to go to the maintainers forum and read their success stories (for the 100th time )

You might want to think of trying something new. How about yoga or pilates (if you don't currently do them). Or go somewhere different to walk. Maybe just put on some upbeat music and dance around the house. Sometimes just a little shakeup like that can help you refocus.

Last edited by fiberlover; 05-10-2008 at 12:42 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #5  

Thanks you guys. I pried my butt off the couch and went to the farmer's market. I got lots of fresh veggies and although I am still really sluggish, I am also excited about eating all the yummy good stuff!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #6  

I have had the food hangover more times than I can count -- I can't believe I still do that to myself, when it feels SO good to eat well/exercise. Just put those days behind you and move on. You exercised, you bought good food, you are back in the game

I find when I'm getting bored or having a hard time staying on plan it's time to find some new recipes or snacks to try, just to jazz my plan up a bit.

Happy Mother's Day -- enjoy it with a nice walk!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #7  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

You've had a tough week. And while you're somewhat disappointed in your response, you did WAY better than you would have before you started this journey. You've already picked yourself up and moved on. You should be proud of yourself. You're doing great!
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #8  

I am still totally wiped out. I ate right yesterday but I could not even attempt a bike ride on the exercise bike. I want to sleep all day. I wonder if this is an after effect of the surgery. I feel fine otherwise, just exhausted. I went to bed early and slept a good 8.5 hours last night, got up and now I am already so tired i want to go back to bed. But I can't... kids.

I need some energy, pronto. I am going to eat a nice healthy protein filled breakfast and take a multi vitamin. I think I will have a no-cal green tea soda too and see if it helps. Any other suggestions? What's good to get some energy?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Food hangovers suck!! Makes me wonder why I still overeat sometimes!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #10  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
I am still totally wiped out. I ate right yesterday but I could not even attempt a bike ride on the exercise bike. I want to sleep all day. I wonder if this is an after effect of the surgery. I feel fine otherwise, just exhausted. I went to bed early and slept a good 8.5 hours last night, got up and now I am already so tired i want to go back to bed. But I can't... kids.
You know, I had minor surgery last June (had a tumor removed from my shoulder) and I was wiped out for a *week*. Didn't go to work, didn't eat, didn't do anything but sleep, pretty much. So I think what you're feeling is probably your body trying to recover from the trauma. It takes awhile, even when it seems like it shouldn't. So don't be too hard on yourself, and try to get as much rest as you can. You'll feel better next week, but don't push it. (That's my very unprofessional medical advice for the day )
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote