Old 05-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #1  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

Default Vacation dieting tips? H E L P

I'm on Weight watchers and I'm going to Orlando in 2 days. Last year when i went, we ate a Shoneys everyday for breakfast and I ate bacon bacon bacon bacon and some toast. This year of course I wont be doing that, but I have a lot of anxiety about what to eat when I go places. I have been really good about eating the right stuff lately, but I'm afraid the carefree feeling of being on vacation will ruin me. HELP HELP HELP
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

if u do get really tempted and cant resist just limit it....
a little of what u fancy does u good....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

It's going to be so beautiful and warm in florida that i can't imagine what could taste better than a nice fresh fruit salad and OJ or milk/milk substitute for breakfast! You know what your healthy options are, and obviously should spoil yourself a little on vacation, but remember that sometimes the healthy options are the ones that taste like you're spoiling yourself, like cold fruit or a nice salad on a sunny day!
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #4  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

yeah its ganna be really warm and ur ganna wanna go have fun and do things. u dont want to feel like you have a rock in your stomach do you? get some of their sweet fruit that taste so good like some watermelon...ok so ive been having fruit cravings the paste few days, but yeah just think how much more fun you might miss out on because u just want to take a nap.
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #5  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I have the same worries. I am going away in a week. I am just telling myself that yes, I am on vacation and letting that part of me feel carefree...however, I am NOT on vacation from my eating lifestyle. If there is something you MUST have, I say have a little if you can control your portions. Nothing feels worse than returning from a nice vacation having gained weight. Make sure you give yourself guidelines, like you will stay on plan everyday with maybe ONE small cheat on a certain day. I don't know what your plan is but find your "go to" meal that you know is allowed and almost every restaurant has. Like mine would be caesar salad. I can find it anywhere and it is on my plan if nothing else at the restaurant is. Enjoy your vacation. Are you going to Disneyworld??
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

If you are good with your diet during your vacation, treat yourself to something (can be food wise or souvenirs). If you 100% can't resist, have a small portion of what you crave. If it's toast, have only one piece instead of two, etc. Drink plenty of water and I assume you'll be doing a lot of walking (more then you normally do on a day to day basis). That'll make up for it too. Above all else, just have fun! It's not like you go on vacation every month.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #7  
Not stopping at ANY cost

Default thanks

you guys are awesome. I am going to be doing a lot of walking, going to the zoo, doing a night ghost tour in orlando which is two hours of walking. Not going to disney, I have never been and my boyfriend insists its boring for adults. We are going deep sea fishing and plan on shopping.

You are right about the fruit, nothing is worse than feeling too stuffed when its hot. I'm sticking with my plans and my ww journal. I'm not quiting
Old 05-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

u go girl....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #9  
The Last 10lbs!

I recently went on a five day cruise and was just as worried as you are. I tried just about everything from the multiple food buffets and restaurants, and yes, that includes sweets and desserts, but I balanced it out by having salad, vegetables, eggs, and tomato-based pasta when the options were available. I ate a lot in five days (I mean A LOT) but because it was more of a constant grazing, it didn't do me too much harm! I only went back for seconds once or twice, and that was usually only if my mom had something on her plate that I had somehow missed and thought looked good!

Anyway, the point of that story is, I definitely gained some weight, but the day I got back I went right back to my usual WW plan and managed to lose it within 2 weeks. Don't stress out too much (the weeks leading up to the cruise, I REALLY worried about it), and obviously make the best choices you can, but ultimately, enjoy yourself as much as possible and if a great vacation results in a gain of a pound or two, you KNOW you can get it back off again because you've already lost 40 lbs (according to the numbers beneath your avatar) and that's fantastic! Even if you don't track your points while you are on vacation, you may want to still consider writing everything you eat down, as it will help you reflect on your choices and think about what might be a better option for the next day or the next meal out.

Have a great time!!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #10  
Not stopping at ANY cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomreins View Post
Even if you don't track your points while you are on vacation, you may want to still consider writing everything you eat down, as it will help you reflect on your choices and think about what might be a better option for the next day or the next meal out.

Have a great time!!
You have a really great point. Thanks. I do plan on writing things in my journal. I just get so paranoid that one taste of the sweet (and starchy) life and I'll be back to my old tricks. This is all really a mind control game. Its about keep control while still living life and enjoying some treats every once in a while without over doing it.

This is the biggest test/lifestyle change I have ever had, but I have to say I'm proud 7 weeks in to have not totally abandoned ship like I normally do.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #11  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

could you bring a cooler so once you arrive you can go get ice and some healthy choices to keep around?
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote