Old 05-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Default Aloha 3FC'ers

It's vacation time. Two weeks on the big island of Hawaii. Playing golf, swimming and trying to avoid too many fumes from the volcano that's currently spewing crap.

I've spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to handle the weight and food issue on this trip. It's two weeks so I can't just go hog-wild and not expect to pack on some pounds. On the other hand, I'm perfectly willing to lose a few pounds when I get back in exchange for a few mai tais and slices of macadamia nut pie. Breakfast and lunch are easy to control and I've decided to trade an hour a day in the hotel gym for eating whatever I want at dinner. It'll give me something to do while my husband sits and reads the local paper. He does this everywhere we go and is fascinated by all the local news, while it bores me to tears.

I know a lot of people are really careful on vacation about how they eat but I've decided that a two week vacation every four years isn't what made me fat. The important thing is to buckle down once I get back. I'm going to depend on my fellow 3FC'ers to make me do it. If you don't see a post from me on the 27th, somebody PM me and tell me to get my chunky, but hopefully still size 10, butt back here.

Have a great couple of weeks wherever you are, eat well and lose some weight. I don't want to even recognize you when I get back.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Robin, have a blast, Sweetie! You are living my dream...to see Hawaii. We expect to "see" you well rested with a flower behind your ear when you return!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #3  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hey Robin -

Have a blast and see some sites, I bet you come back the same weight as you left.

Aloha -

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
If you don't see a post from me on the 27th, somebody PM me and tell me to get my chunky, but hopefully still size 10, butt back here.
I'll do ya one better. I will personally come and hunt you down missy, ya hear me???????? But truth be told, I'm not all that worried. You've come too far, you enjoy this new life you've carved out for yourself too much and you KNOW what needs to be done.

And you say that dinnertime you will eat whatever you want, but you're just not going to "want" what you used to. You'll be fine. Just fine.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation. Sounds simply devine.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Enjoy - it sounds like a lovely vacation!!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Robin, have a wonderful time. DH and I went there for our 25th wedding anniversary. There's an abundance of fresh fruit and very fresh fish. I am sure you will find your happy medium there.

Enjoy!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

It's actually the fresh fruit that I'm worried about. I'm pretty sure that I could gain 20 lbs. on the pineapple alone.

The ironic part of this entire trip is that it's the first time in years that I could have flown coach and been comfortable in the seats, and we're actually using credit card miles to upgrade to first class where the seats would have been big enough for the old Robin. I almost want to fly coach just for the joy of not asking for a seat belt extender.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #8  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Have a great time Robin! I bet you'll do very well with your eating. Drink a mai tai for me!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote