Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #1  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Friends and Losers thread May 4-10

Good morning everyone!!!! Make good choices today and be good to yourself!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #2  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Morning Nicole!

It is really quiet around here today.

I was really bad this weekend. We had friends and family in for the weekend because it was my son's First Holy Communion and we had a party back at the house. My poor son got sick at about 1 am Saturday morning and didn't get any sleep (neither did my husband and I) so he was sick AND tired for the Mass. He slept most of the day and was feeling a little better by the evening, but I ate VERY badly and ate very bad portions of the good stuff.

I am back on track today. I am doing a Takeoff for today and tomorrow to get all the crap I ate (it even made me feel lousy last night and this morning) out of my system and get me back on track.

Wish me luck, I have been doing well and want to get to my 100 lb milestone this month. This week though I want to maintain since I know I gained weight this weekend with all the awful junk I ate both Saturday and Sunday.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

You can do it Kelly!!!

G'mornin' everyone..

Another busy week out of the gates.. I'll be on the road again later this week, so let's hope there are no fires to get in my way..

Our weekend was up and down, food-wise.. We did some early celebrating of DD's 11th birthday last night with my mom and her husband.. They are going on vacation this week and will have to miss the actual party next week.. Dinner went well and I have to admit we did end up eating a small slice of cake each.. and a dolup of low-fat no sugar added icecream..

No sage words of advice so far this morning.. Just do your best and keep your eyes on the prize!!!

May the POP be with you!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #4  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Good Morning all. Here's to a POP week.

The kids will be out of school in less than 3 weeks. FYI for those of you who have to plan for that! EEEKKK!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Dan......how the heck does Liz put up with you being gone all the time? I would want to choke you . Also....it always cracks me up when you say, My mom and her husband." I get it........it just makes me laugh.

Morning Amy. I have been counting down the days until school is out....and I have to say that I am so thankful that I am a stay at home mom. Sure, they will drive me insane, and I may end a day or so each week with tears.....but man, I am so glad I can stay home. It definitely has it's pros and cons......but this is so the right decision for me. I was thinking yesterday about how fun it would be to write a screenplay about the life of a stay at home mom with lots of kids and limited funds. Oh, if I only had the time......

Kelly.......congrats on almost making it to the 100 lb mark!!!! You will get there.............look how you pick yourself back up when you waiver. Keep up the good work.....and I hope your TO days fly by.

Ok, I have to be good today. We have 20 days, give or take, until baby gets here. That means I have less than 2 weeks to get my house well organized. We will be having sooo much out of town company, as all of our family is far away..........and so many ladies trying to, "help out," that I really really really need to make it simple around here. So, hopefully, you won't be seeing me too much here. Wish me luck.

On a more heartachy note.....we said goodbye to our furbaby, Maggie (mini schnauzer) on Saturday. She was sooo sick. She looked more peaceful after we put her down than she has looked in a long long time. My 10 yo DD made the sweetest picure at school that read, "Maggie May Massie was a sweet little dog and will never be forgotten by the Massie family." And that is just how it is.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Nicole! I'm sorry to hear about Maggie, thats never an easy decision. Shes running and playing now with no pain.

Kelly-I'm joining you on the TO. I went to WI Saturday, I hadnt been in 6 weeks, ack!!! I was up 3 pounds so I decided I needed to get myself focused again. I just dont want 5 pounds to turn into 10! Keep up the good work, you're doing great!

Dan-Good morning! Be safe when you travel.

Amy-Anything new on the house? My sister should be in her new cabin in less than a month!

My dear sweet hubby is doing so good sticking to the plan. He lost 4 pounds last week. He's so cute, he emails me from work to tell me what hes had to eat so he can figure out what hes got left. He still doesnt know how to count things but hey, hes giving it a try!

We had plans to go out Saturday night for a big juicy hamburger at this new place that opened, looked forward to it all week. My tummy had other plans, I got up Saturday morning sick at my stomach. It was protesting before I even ate the darn burger! LOL

Last edited by MomOfThreeTeens; 05-05-2008 at 10:53 AM.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #7  
Amy

Morning guys!

I am really sick to my stomach today! I get so upset about exams! I have my final in Finance today and just feel awful about it. I cannot wait til it is over!

I posted this is last week’s friends thread, but it was at the end, so I’ll ask again here. I have TERRIBLE headaches! I know they are stress related, but I need some relief! Exedrin, etc don’t really help! PLEASE tell me someone has a secret to get rid of them!

Thanks guys- have a great day!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Amy.. Good luck with the finals.. I'm SO glad I'm not having to deal with those anymore...

Kim - Congrats to your DH!! Fantastic work.. Tell him we're all pulling for him..

Nicole - She's pretty good about it.. I'm not gone THAT much, compared with some of my co-workers, so I remind her about that..

Sorry to hear about your pup (all dogs, to me, no matter what age, are pups)... Seems like a lot of us are losing our pets lately... That really sucks...

As for "my mom and her husband".. He's a really great guy, so while it may sound like I have issues with that, I really don't.. It's just the fact that he's in his mid-80's and so calling him "step-dad" just doesn't sound right...

Last edited by Dan2112; 05-05-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone.

I've been a bit MIA around here. Just trying not to think about the diet 24/7. I've been exercising 5 miles a day on the elliptical and i'm up to 50 miles done today. I'm so proud of myself. The scale was showing a nice loss but of course the weekend is always my downfall. I swear there is about a 2lb difference from my sat morning WI to my monday morning official WI. I'm not stressing, i know its water. I was going to change my WI day to saturday but i like it being on my worst day.

Nicole - So sorry to hear about Maggie and i cant believe your grandbaby will be here so soon. I wish your DD lots to luck with the L&D. I hope its a quick and easy one.

Well thats all from me for now. I'm gonna go change my ticker.

I'll catch up with you all later.

Have a great day!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #10  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Hello, all

Not a good weekend at all. Ate whatever I wanted, and then some. It actually make me sick. I'm so glad to be back POP today. I've promised myself I won't step on the scale until Wed. Went shopping and bought some new things to try, like veggie burgers, to up my variety. Looking forward to a great week.
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Morning guys!

I am really sick to my stomach today! I get so upset about exams! I have my final in Finance today and just feel awful about it. I cannot wait til it is over!

I posted this is last week’s friends thread, but it was at the end, so I’ll ask again here. I have TERRIBLE headaches! I know they are stress related, but I need some relief! Exedrin, etc don’t really help! PLEASE tell me someone has a secret to get rid of them!

Thanks guys- have a great day!!

Amy,

Try rubbing lavender essential oil over your forehead and temples. Also, an amethyst or clear quartz crystal held on your forehead and temples will absorb the negative energy (stress and tension), and leave you feeling a lot better.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserjulie View Post
Hello, all

Not a good weekend at all. Ate whatever I wanted, and then some. It actually make me sick. I'm so glad to be back POP today. I've promised myself I won't step on the scale until Wed. Went shopping and bought some new things to try, like veggie burgers, to up my variety. Looking forward to a great week.
Julie - Ain't it the truth?? Just as our bodies rebel when we first start the plan, they rebel again when we suddenly reintroduce crappy food... Just one more incentive to stick to the plan...

This is why, when all is said and done and we're in the maintenance phase, we have to reintroduce these kinds of things VERY slowly..
Old 05-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #13  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - back from NYC - had a good time, froze my A$$ off at the Yankee game friday - walked about 250 miles . Now back on the wagon again.

Nicole - you know I'm thinking about you losing Maggie.

Debbie - I soooo hear you about not wanting to think about food 24/7. I tried WW briefly a few months ago, but I felt like I was focusing of food too much.

Amy - what works for me with a stress headache is - heating pad on back of neck, ice on forehead. Hope you find some relief!

OK, gotta go - quick drive by today I guess!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #14  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!!

Good luck to our college ladies on their finals!

Nicole - Sorry about Maggie...what is going on with all the sad pet losses...it's scaring me.

Dan - I completely understand your stepdad thing, I have the same situation. They have been married 15 years now, and he is great, but he's not Dad.

I slipped up last week and let myself have a few too many cheats, so I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain either. I think I've got my head together again and set on losing this week.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, I had a scalp massage once with lavender oil, and it was the most soothing relaxing thing ever.

Amy, I know you are tense, but just lay down and do some deep breathing and try to relax your whole body. I have a thing that goes in the microwave and heats up that you wrap around your neck that helps relax the neck muscles. You might try warming up a small damp towel in the microwave and wrapping it around your neck, since for me tensness in the neck muscles contributes a great deal to my headaches. Your finals will be over soon, so try to not get too stressed out, take good care of your body and soul, and you will do better on your exams anyway. Taking a few minutes out to relax is only going to help.

Dan, It is hard to avoid the cake when it is a family birthday. Have some safe travels, and be careful out there if there is a fire.

Kelly, My weekend was not the best. I actually underate on Saturday (fell asleep with no dinner). Then made up for it in Sunday. There will be times when you are less than perfect. Just get back on plan, and it will be a memory in no time and you will hit your 100 pound goal. The biggest part of success is to keep working on it!

Nicole, 20 days! Yikes. Time flies.

I'm finally less stressed. Got my DD moved into her condo. I feel really good about that, as I really disliked the place she was living before, so I feel she is in a really safe place now. I better run... got a meeting to attend.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote