South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Fabulous Friday Beach Chat

See - no beach blankets or bingo

I couldn't wait another minute - good morning Chicks! It's Friday. We just about made it to the weekend. Okay, I did make it to my weekend but don't want to show off. Our director is asking the Board to give us an extra week vacation this year again (that's instead of a COLA ). If they agree I'm going to take all the Fridays until September. I kind of like working 4 day weeks as long as they pay me for 5 (non profit money - it's similar to monopoly money

How is everyone this morning? I'm off to yoga in a few, then errands. I hope the rain holds off for awhile.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Cyndi, and all to come. It's raining here this morning, and supposed to be stormy the rest of the day. At least it's Friday!

Cindy and I took the girls to a garden nursery yesterday after school, where we let them select the vegetables for their garden, and Cindy and I spent a small fortune on hanging plants and flowers for our gardens. That was fun! Just as we were getting ready to leave, a big thunderstorm hit to add to the excitement. The plan was to plant the garden this afternoon, but it's going to be too wet for that. Since Audrey only has 1/2 day today, I think I'm going to get together a group to go to Boomers for the afternoon, instead.

Who watched Survivor last night? Wasn't it great!!!!!!!!! This has been one of the best seasons, ever!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-09-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:07 AM   #3  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Cyndi!

Yay for Friday off all summer -- that's wonderful! I am starting a new job with a non-profit agency after my maternity leave.

Well, Grace just pretty much slept through the night! She went from 10 PM to 5 AM! I am so excited! And older daughter Natalie went to sleep at 7 PM and is still asleep this morning at 6 AM! Can you tell that my entire life centers around sleep right now? Ha, ha!

Anyway, my great aunt's funeral is today, so my friend is going to babysit so I can go. Then tonight DH and I have a date! We're getting out first sitter since the baby's arrival. I am nervous about it, but I know it'll be good to get out. We need it and I need to get used to using a sitter. I can't rely on the grandparents allllll the time!

I walked twice yesterday! And hope to get a nice one in this morning as well.

I hope eveyone has a great Friday!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:09 AM   #4  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cottage! I didn't see Survivor, but we are big Office fans. Anyone else? I thought it was a really good one and can't wait for the finale next week!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!!

Cyndi, enjoy your day off and have fun at yoga!
Cottage, want to see the garden when you have it all planted! Re:Survivor, I felt so sorry for that sweet kid...like a 2x4 up against his head...whack!
Nat's Mom, I am so sorry about your Aunt. I hate to say "enjoy the funeral", but I usually enjoy catching up with family I haven't seen in a long time...

Me: Off to work in a bit. No kids today, we are registering for next year, which means sitting on hard seats in the cafeteria writing for 4 hours. I'd rather have kids.
The good news is that I saw a new camera on a local tv news show yesterday morning when I was getting ready for work (they have a segment called "digital gumbo" about new electronic stuff for computers etc.) They were showing a new Nikon camera that came out last month with an 18x zoom lens. Well, you know I HAD to have it and the price wasn't that bad...actually about 1/2 of what I paid for my present camera 3 years ago. So I bought it and told my husband that Mother's day is covered...no need for him to go shopping. It should be here within the next few days then I can bore you all with more pictures!

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-09-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies!!

Cyndi- enjoy your day off

Nataliesmom- it is wonderful and a milestone when they starting sleeping through the night!!!!

Cottage- I definitely want to see pictures of your garden when it is all done, I do not have a green thumb but do enjoy seeing others.

Cat- I just ordered a digital camera for DD1 birthday- couple of months early but she wanted for our trip to LA next month.

Me- I started work early as I have to take DD2 to the dentist later and then I also have my yearly mammograph (sp?) at lunch time and then back to work probably until around 6 ish (good thing I am working from home today) LOL. Last night I had a burst of energy after work so got in a long workout and then decided to steam clean the downstairs carpeting and upholstry. Looks good though
Old 05-09-2008, 08:09 AM   #7  

Natalie's mom, yay for getting a good night's sleep! I hope your little one will continue to sleep through the night for you! Enjoy your "date night."

Cat, regarding Survivor; yes, I felt bad for poor Erik, he's so vulnerable and gullible! But I can't believe he couldn't see what was coming! Hee, hee, did you see James? I'm still rooting for my Cirie. I liked her on her previous Survivor, and she's even better on this one. She's the one who's been instigating all this scheming, and I really think she deserves to win. She hasn't made any enemies, either. A very smart girl! Enjoy your new camera! I bet you can't wait until it arrives. You take such great pictures, so you certainly deserve it! And you know, we all enjoy your beautiful pictures.

Pearlrose, I always envy you girls who can work from home. I could watch the girls here, but with the price of gas, it would be too much running back and forth between school and their assorted activities. I have my mammo scheduled this month, too. I hope yours goes well!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Having a fun time with Meowee. We are off to the airport this a.m. and I'm going to have to watch out that Hershey doesn't get on the plane too. They are in love.

Have a great TGIF!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, I'm rooting for Cirie too...she is sneaky...in a good way. She just stirs the pot and sits back and waits for explosions. love it. Also LOVED James reaction when he made that comment when Erik got the boot.
re: working at home...it has it's advantages, but when you come home, it's not like "coming home" where it's a sanctuary from work..it follows you around 24/7.

Ruth...give Meowee a big hug for all of us and make sure you don't see Hershey's tail poking out of her suitcase!

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-09-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Cyndi: good morning. That'll be nice to be off every Friday during the summer. Enjoy!!

Cottage: Enjoy the hanging plants. I'm sure they're beautiful!! I need to get some plants to decorate the porches... What is boomers?

Nat's mom: good morning. enjoy the walk and the sleep you were able to get I hope the funeral goes well and have fun on your date!!

Femme: I'm jealous of the new camera!! I have a canon 13xoptical... I love it. It takes beautiful pictures..but I'm sure the 18x takes AMAZING pictures. I can't wait to see one

Pearl: I love when I get those bursts of energy. I'll have a week where I just get things done.. and then the next week I just settle back.. and think, where did that come from?? LOL.. Enjoy the steamcleaned floors... we have all wood so we don't have to even worry about a vacuum!!! I just sweep and wash

Ruth: Have fun holding Hershey back Have a great day!!

Me: Well, the personals was easy, I'm not used to being on this early ... I did the 3mile watp video at 715.. I'll be making breakfast in a few mins after I update my exercise challenge. It'll be a nice day. Looks sunny for now... I'll be out all day, but in the evening I'll have my laptop with me. I'll see you chickies later on!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies!
I'm posting at work! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh And I'm covered in flax! getting a lot of my non ph 1 stuff finished up
try to bbiab!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #12  

Ruth, I bet it's hard to say goodbye to Meowee after your nice visit together. You'd better double-check to make sure Hershey doesn't hide in her suitcase!

tdiprincess, Boomer's is an indoor playground type thing. They have a huge maze with different levels and slides and chutes and trampolines, and it's all padded. The kids have a blast there! I'm getting ready to do my 3 mile WATP right now!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all - it's Frustrating Friday for me as I just typed up personals to post and they were lost in cyberspace. Sigh.

Cyndi: Thanks for starting us up! Four day work weeks sound awesome, although, I'd probably do it even if they weren't paying me for five. Enjoy yoga!

Cottage: I'm envious of your plant purchases. Our budget was wiped out by planting "nessecities" this year, so no pretties for us. Have fun at Boomers! I'm doing the workout program from the new book, so I'm having WATP withdrawals - enjoy your three miles.

Natalie'sMom: Congrats for your kiddos sleeping through the night! I hope your great aunt's funeral is a peaceful time of grieving for all of you. Enjoy date night tonight!

Cat: Can't wait to see some great pics from your new camera. Try to enjoy those plastic chairs - at least it's Friday!

Pearlrose: Must have been wonderful to wake up this morning to squeeky clean upholstery and carpets downstairs! Sounds like you have a very busy day ahead of you - I hope it's a nice day!

Ruth: Enjoy your last bit of time with Meowee. Watch Hershey - don't need air traffic stopped because she was chasing Meowee's plane down the runway!

tdiprincess: Great job getting 3 miles in already! Enjoy your day outside - wish I could be outside all day!!

Kierie: I won't tell anyone you're posting at work! It'll be our little secret! Have a nice day!

Me: Well, not the best morning for me so far. Post lost, scale up a pound from too much sodium last night for dinner. Couldn't find low-sodium soy sauce, so I figured, how bad could the regular stuff be? BAD. Oh well, back on track today with lots and lots of water to flush this salt out! W-I isn't officially until tomorrow, so we'll see if pound will get lost overnight.

Not much planned this weekend. I'll just have the usual house-cleaning and laundry to take care of. I may have to work on Sat., but I think it's still up in the air. It'll only be about 4 hours, if at all, so no big deal. Well, off to tidy up from breakfast and then get ready for work! Hope you all have a great day!

~Kim
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

T G I F

Morning gals! It's a bit gloomy looking here but still suppose to get to 90*

Cyndi I would so rather be on a beach blanket thant at work even it is suppose to rain

Cottage what is boomers?

Natsmom enjoy your date - whats in yalls plan

Cat congrats on the camera - don't tell my dh as he wants one says he saw it on tv and he is real big into pic taking and told me it would be a nice fathers day gift. Let me know how you like the camera before I go buying dh one

Pearl you gotta love those energy boost

Ruth was that Hershey getting on the plane? Thats to cute they are in love

Hiya td & ko happy Friday

As for me got a busy weekend. Tomorrow I gotta take Cruzor to get his hair cut and his oatmeal bath and then I plan on doing some bike riding with dh and some lap swimming at my aunts pool- tomorrow night will consist of dinner out and then we are going to see Steve Harvey in concert (it was one of dh's christmas gifts) Sunday will be just as busy as I am going to have my first tennis lesson (always wanted to play just don't like to watch) and then theres a trip to costco for stuff we will need on our vacation and we will end the day with reservations at Ruths Chris for mothers day dinner.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

no time to even read you all today

doc called at 5 pm last night... wants to see me and my leg at 9:30 this morning. she says i might have a blood clot. I say NO WAY but i'm heading out to see her.

didn't say i couldn't so i took a nice flow yoga class this morning. i'm going to work after she says i'm fine (bet ya she sends me for an ultrasound ASAP ugh)

so i'll update when I can.

will update
Closed Thread