Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 10:03 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of June 16TH!!!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!
Just wanted to get motivated early since I havent been around in a while...All is going well...#2 had the stomach virus since 2am soo we took shifts cleaning up and babysitting..I guess it was more like practice!!!!!

Bailey--I would lose money working at Target!!!!I love to shop at the Super Target we have here..My profit margin would be down the drain!!! U have such energy!!!!!Good luck finding your niche!!!

Lauren-Soo glad FIL did soo well with the surgery...He has been through alot with his heart...Take it easy and dont overdo!!!!

Everyone else have a GREAT FATHER"S DAY!!!!!!Treat that man special today!!!!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 06-16-2002 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:56 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Wow, everyone must've been busy this weekend?! Thanks for starting the new thread RR!

I cleaned and had company over Saturday, and I slept half the day Sunday! Not very eventful. Not feeling too great this AM.

FIL finally got switched to a normal bed yesterday. He was in the cardiac recovery type ward up until then because his blood pressure was way down. DH is sick again, so he's calling the doctor to see if he can get in today. So we probably won't go see FIL until at least tomorrow night, when he's got 24 hrs. of antibiotics in him.

Not much else to say, have a great day all!
Old 06-17-2002, 12:56 PM   #3  

HELLO

Well, I didn't miss many posts while I was gone. What are you all up to??

Stayed op over the weekend. WooHoo. And mil only made one comment (to me anyway) about my weight ~ "you know, you look a little better now that you've gained some weight back." oh gee, thanks!

Lauren - happy to hear your fil is doing well.

Liz - cool about all of your turtles!

Bailey! - So glad to hear from you! Congrats on the Kaplan & the Target gigs. DS took a Kaplan course to prepare him for the LSAT. ~ Good luck on the dream job with the toy company! ~ Hooray for the $100 win! ~ Hope you stick around here now!

Rabbit
OP since 6/2/02
381.727 miles
Old 06-17-2002, 03:17 PM   #4  

Wow, it's really quiet in here. I'm watching the dark clouds roll across the sky hoping it's not raining when I go home in just a little while. I'm having a good day so far. I hit the gym this morning and tried to jog 3 miles but after 1 my butt said it was done -- time for walking. I had a big semi-healthy dinner last night so I think that was the reason. I still managed 30 min on treadmill and 30 on bike. DH sat next to me on the bike and made me laugh -- he's got massive legs and can ride at an average of 12-16 level while I ride it at 6 and sweat like a cow.

Bailey, welcome back!! Congrats on the $$ win. I quit playing all that stuff cuz I never win anything. Good luck with your dream job -- I have my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully with your connection you can get it.

Rabbit, good job staying OP. Sorry about MIL's comment -- you gotta love 'em!! We were hoping for baby turtles when we saw a female laying eggs early this spring but this weekend I checked the nest and the eggs were dried up and brown. They probably weren't fertilized. Oh well...maybe next time.

Lauren, glad FIL is doing better. Now hopefully DH will get well soon. When it rains it pours!!

RR, stomach virus?? Yuck!! There's just some things I don't want to practice. I hope #2 is feeling better and you got caught up on your sleep.

Where is everyone else???? Stop lurking and say hi!
Old 06-18-2002, 04:14 AM   #5  

Default hello girls!

Finally I have some time again to see how you're doing!

Hi RR, glad to see you back again! It's always nice to hear how you two are doing. Same goes for karen!

Lyssalou, I think you're doing a great job with the girl! It may make all the difference for her!

Bailey, I've been thinking about getting a second job, too. It's so difficult to make ends meet. Only I don't know what exactly yet, basically I'm thinking about changing my job altogether (for a better one). Nice to win 100$! I hope you treasted yourself!
And, NO, Lifing muffins to your face is NOT exercize! Try carrots instead...
dream job vibes, dream job vibes, dream job vibes...(please do the same for me...)

Tech alum, keep going!

Rabbit, why the gain? food or water retention?! Keep your goals in focus and realize these things are normal, everyone hits the plateau now and then. try to stay away from temptations (ok, ok I realize this is not so easy, but you can do it!)

Lizzard, how are you doing, keeping up te workouts this week as well? I like the tortoises as well, they really eat everything and are very funny. was afraid Yoda would't make it because he's (she's?) so small and young (last year's nest), but he attacked the lettuce like it was going to eat him if he didn't!

These are the things I haven't done that I was supposed to be doing:
1. Staying op (but didn't pig out, either)
2. Didn't go to to the gym enough (only 2 times this week, what with tv and running around every night).
3. Spend time with BF, (so in stead we had a good talk yesterday at 02.00)
4. weigh myself, still have no scale, clothes fit kinda ok, however

These are things that I have been doing:
1. eating healthily if not exactly dieting
2. making some extra money
3. feeding the turtles (they're toirtoises actually)
4. being nice to BF
5. working at getting famous....

all in all not bad eh?

The TV thing was really funny, we went on location the whole saturday. the basic thing was to show the faults in some guides about Athens, so we went: to restaurants that were praised and had actually been closed for years. the old airport (in one guide there was a very good description on how to get there, only we have a new one since March 2002, so it was deserted....). I tried to pay with Greek drachmes (as 3 out of 4 guides said I could do) somewhere, but we have the Euro now through Europe so this guy looked at me like I was an extreme idiot.
It was a very warm day so I got really hot and sticky towards the end, which was 01.30 at night (!), but all in all it was an experience! Today we're doing the final thing, which is a kind of interview, only today is SO hot (36 celcius).

Tell you about it tomorrow....

(wish I was THAT cool!)

Vassiliki
Old 06-18-2002, 05:35 AM   #6  

Wow...I wish I could say "I made a little trip to Athens today"....That is my dream vacation..One day possibly!!!

GG--Today is "BE NICE TO BF DAY!!!!"....I married my boyfriend but some days I still call him that!!!Good Luck on being famous and getting that dream job!!!Makes life much better..I have been on a great job for 17yrs now...I get frustrated but wouldnt leave!!!Of course, I may not return after being off 3 months for maternity!!!!

Lauren--Man, I am having stretching pain in my left groin really bad....Tried to do the treadmill but it felt like my belly was being lifted from that groin muscle(any professional pg women with advice????)....I am at 14 weeks and that little booger was right at the front when I heard him/her last night...148 and loud and strong!!!!

Hello to all...Running late again as usual!!!!!!
Vicki
Old 06-18-2002, 10:00 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm feeling pretty good today, even packed my gym bag to go to Curves. I have not been there in over a month. First I didn't go because of the stretching crampy feeling in the beginning of PG. Then I felt all m/s crappy. Now I'm still a little yucky, but mostly just exhausted! I have to get back though, and DH is bugging me to get back. He's right, I'm not mad at him or anything. I just have to go and try at least.

RR- I just read that there will be another stretching/pulling stage, so you're right on target! Hope I can get back into the exercise habit before that hits! I'll be 10 weeks Thursday!! Man, time really flies!! Hey I have a question for you...I will be seeing the NP next visit, not the Dr., do you know what she'll be doing, or what she's allowed to do?

GG- Nice to see you! Sounds like you had a blast in Athens! Maybe you and BF could have a water fight to spend time together and keep cool?!

Liz- Good for you jogging a whole mile!! The most I ever jogged (in my adult life!) is like, once around a track! It is very invigerating though, I'd love to be able to do it again someday.

Rabbit- Congrats on staying OP!! Huge accomplishment...especially in the face of a comment like that from MIL!!

Hi to everyone else!! Have a great day!!
Old 06-18-2002, 11:01 AM   #8  
Donna

Hello All,

Had a really busy weekend. We had MIL and FIL over for dinner on Friday since they were showing their car on the weekend and wouldn't be free. Plus K decided to volunteer to sit their dog this week/end and we wanted to make sure she'd be ok with ours...Anyway it went well. Then I worked Sat, and was so glad I was in a building (not all jobs I do are) since it was raining, of course to pay me back I was outside yesterday in the rain . Then Sunday we went out to my folks for dinner.

It was kind of funny, Sat we went to one of our usual resturants, (which we don't go to as often as we used to since we're trying to cut back on eating out), and the bartender made a point of coming over to our table to ask K if he's been loosing weight and tell him he was looking good. He was embarrassed but I was proud for him. Wish I was doing as well even if he thinks it's taking too long. At least he hasn't gained back what he lost and then sat there .

Hopefully WW goes well tonight. I'm having a hard time telling anymore. I didn't journal which I need to do, but with all the walking I'm doing at work and the fact I'm back on a schedule I should be doing better... But AF arrived today (finally) and I'm feeling bloated and icky. We'll see.

Rabbit- sorry you found what I lost. Hopefully I don't find it again this week.

GG - to funny about the tour guides. Glad you had fun even if it was a loooong day.

Baily - Welcome back! Sending dream job vibes your way .

LBH - good luck getting back to exercising!!! Glad your FIL's doing better.

Liz - Congrats on making even 1 mile, that's better than lots of people do.

Well, I need to go up and start working on getting stuff ready for my sister's baby shower. It's this weekend and I'm helping my mom out.

Have a great one all!!

- Tech
Old 06-18-2002, 12:30 PM   #9  

HI.

A few more posts today - hooray!

I'm staying OP still, but no loss so far. Had a beginning sewing class last night - it was fun.

Liz - hooray for all of your exercise! Running is so hard. ~ Too bad about the eggs. I just saw my neighbors turtles this morning. ~ Love 'em, huh? I really don't like my mil. I get along with her fine, but I don't personally like her & am so glad we don't live close. She's way too negative.

Greek - I don't really know about my gain. I'm hanging in there. ~ Tv thing sounds fun.

Lauren - enjoy curves! But don't do more than you can handle, especially since you haven't been in awhile. Just take it slow and easy. That's my thought anyway!

Tech - what a nice compliment for dh! Good luck at your weigh in this week.

Rabbit
OP since 6/2/02
Old 06-18-2002, 12:33 PM   #10  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi again everyone I hope to be posting regulary again soon. I have written a few post and then my comp. crashes before I get to post it.
I have gained back up to 215 from my 209. Why can 6 pounds come back so fast and I worked so hard to lose it? I havn't been walking and have been drinking soda again is why.
I was served with court papers Friday the 7th by my ex. He is taking to to court for Child Support. He makes $70,000 a year not counting what his wife makes. She is a Dental Hygenist in an upscale Portland office.
I am not working being as my step-daughter is a special needs child. Megan is on a Ketogenic diet for her epliepsy. She has to be watched non stop. A day care is out of the questions for her. When she was in one before she was always beat up. Kids would hit her, trip her one time they cut her hair with scissors.
I love working and staying at home has been very hard on me. WHy my ex decided to wait until I wasn't working? He is an a@@. My new hubby is self employed and ex belives we are rich! lol
My ex has a 40,000 truck, 3 credit cards with $6,000 on each, a new camper payment of $225. OK we filed bankruptcy during the divorce. How do you accuire that much debt that soon? Does that show who had the outrageous spending habits of us two? I have no credit cards, no car payment, I drive a 88 Nissan that I bought for $500.
OK I had fun reading the post and wish all of you the best. I am sending out good job vibes, better PG feeling days, better MIL comments, better walking eatting vibes and any thing else? Daphne
Old 06-18-2002, 09:51 PM   #11  

Well, my 5th child may be gone. Her dad decided not to bring her home after his Father's Day weekend with her. Apparently the custody of this child is not clear cut. He objects to having her tested to see if she has any learning disorders, unless it means moving her up a grade. Which is not what the school is offering to do. I don't think he sees the benefit in her being here with me and my kids either. She really needs a lot of help, and if her dad isn't willing to get her that help, she is in real trouble.

I think the only reason he agreed to letting her live with my neighbor in the first place was because he was in prison. Now he is out, and I am not convinced he will let her come back. Supposedly (according to the girl) he is a very abusive, and promiscuous. I am worried sick about her, and her safety. But I don't feel that I have the place, or the real info to do anything about it, except PRAY!

BTW, she is 11 1/2, and she looks like she is 13 ( I think it was LBH who asked that.)

Anway, maybe I will be able to check in in the next few days, and actually post, if she doesn't come back.

Later!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:56 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Well, I'm not doing well on the diet. DH has been away for the last week and a half for his reserve duty. To make myself feel better, I have taken me out to dinner every night. Including dessert of course. It will take me a month to catch up again. OK, here are my goals for tomorrow(gotta take this one day at a time)

1) JOURNAL, JOURNAL, JOURNAL. I know it helps and I haven't been doing it.
2)COME HERE AND POST!! You guys really keep me on track and I've been doing everything but coming here.

OK, gotta go now, I'm exhausted. I will catch up tomorrow.

Karen
Old 06-18-2002, 11:01 PM   #13  

Hi all, I am far too busy with everything going on. I tell you going on vacation reaks havoc with everything.

I have read everything and am sending you all congrats, special thoughts and sympathy. (whoever needs what). I will have time to catch up tomorrow or thursday.

Take care!

Nanci
Old 06-19-2002, 11:01 AM   #14  

hi y'all.

I overate yesterday and was not op. I have enough activity points to cover it, but that doesn't seem to work for me to use them. I have had the hungries this week. I think I need to start measuring everything again (and give myself a little kick in the patoot).

Dab - it sure comes back on a lot easier than it goes off! Why do we do that to ourselves?? ~ Sorry for all of your troubles with the ex.

Lyssa - I'm wishing the best for the little girl.

Karen - lol on the taking yourself to dinner!

Nanci - Hello! Let us know what's up with you when you get a chance.

Rabbit
starting OP all over again.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:29 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon all!!!!
I hear some thunder soo I think that means rain soon!!!We can use a little everyday....My summer time mud race is comming but I think it will be out this year ..I am too afraid to be running in swamps almost 5 months pg!!!!

Lyssa--Sorry about the little girl...Let us know what happens..That is too sad......

Have a great evening all!!!
Vicki
Closed Thread