Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face 5/5 - 5/11 Atkins Angels Chat

Good Morning Ladies! Its a beautiful day here, the beginning of a new week...where is everyone??
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

*resurfacing*

Hiya JG! - GREAT PIC!

Hi to you too PrettyPaula! Your menu looks great to me - maybe your bod is just making the changeover?

I've been catastrophically OffPlan - and as usual when I struggle I quit coming here/Posting . . . thought to myself today that is ridiculous so here I am Atkinser's - WARTS & ALL!

Hate to just keep looking into the future thinking when this or that happens I'll be OP etc . . . but my Election is tomorrow (24 hour Polls open @ 4:30am) and I just really am thinking that onceI get that behind me (win or lose) - I'll be ableto focus.

At some point - I AM goingto HAVE to get a grip on my WOL and not have it depend on whats going on in my life . . . okokok . . . depressing myself - off to call me up some potential voters -so hard to campaign during the lay off!

Hope all is well and I'll be back when I can . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for starting the thread this week, Kim. We are a mighty quiet bunch lately!

I headed back to swim lessons this morning and did 60 laps. I forgot how much I love being in the pool. I find myself between the 'slow' group and the 'faster' group which can be a bit frustrating, but I try to just do my thing and not worry about it.

Yesterday found me diving into the almonds a bit too frequently so this morning I 'rationed' them out into 1 ounce baggies. Hopefully that will help with portion control.

Sometimes I find myself at a loss of what to eat for snacks - when I'm sick of eggs and trying to limit nuts, dairy and cheese. What do you all have for mini-snacks? I try to keep kipper snacks and mini cans of tuna and salmon on hand plus I find a stalk of celery with mayo/sour cream dip is pretty satisfying mid-afternoon. I usually find I need something about 4-5pm in order to keep hunger at bay until we eat about 7:30.

Hope your election goes well Aud!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Kris...I have a portion control problem with nuts too. I've stopped buying them because if they're in the house, I'm not happy until I've eaten the entire can I'm also the same way with cream cheese which is why I haven't bought it or eaten it in a very long time.
I try to cut up some cucumbers & eat those with some ranch dressing or I'll keep some tuna salad or cut up grilled chicken handy for snacks.

Auddie...good to see ya back!! I was thinking about you! Idol is on tonite...lets root for your MO. boy to win!!! Did I mention I voted for him last week...only about 20 times! For the first time in a few years, DBF & I agree on who should win!! Let's hope America gets it right this year!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

Getting a late start to the Polls so thought I'd sit here & re-group - Hiya Kris & JG! 60 laps is AWESOME - I'm up from 1/2 to ONE lap now! (Different "strokes?" - sorry couldn't resist!)

So weird to try to run an election campaign from lay off! DID go & put some "RE ELECT aud" signs up around 11-1am this morning . . . usually I would need to stand & wave from around 2pm to 2am -but with the layoff - who knows when folks will vote???? All DAY?

I'd rather be watching Idol!!!! I voted for the First Time Ever last week JG! Dialed my fingers off for JASON CASTRO/Mr. Dreadlocks - 'cause I was SO MAD that Pauler madethose comments to him about his 2nd song when he hadn't even sang yet!!!! (PLUS he looks like a sexy guy I had an interlude with in the early 80's - ahhhh Memorrrrrrriiiiiiieeees - All alone in the Moooooooonlight!"

But I digress (per usual) . . . yes, Hometown MO boy IS the American Idol . . . so RAWKS it each week!

okokok . . . off to campaign & wave - will check in with the results assoon as I getthe word on whether I win or lose . . . also am taping AI!

Later Angels - send me more mojo please!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Aud -- Hope Your are Winning....

Dear Angels --

I am still stuck at 182 -- but I can't bear to move my ticker back...I am going to try to cut back on something...but I can see that I am out of ketosis -- and don't know why...

Aud: how is the vote counting going.. I would think that if you are laid-off then that makes you a front-runner -- it would show the company that the Union backs you.. when will you let us know?

I am finishing up my talk for the TATE on Friday, and as usual, am disappointed with what I ended up with, but excited about the day anyway and about turning this talk into the bigger chapter it will become. I have a gig in Toronto at the end of AUgust where people are going to read the chapter and talk about it in a seminar. I hope I can stay strong through that.

We al continue to be in mourning that Boris Johnson won the Mayoral election.

It is finalyl beautiful here -- in the high 60s -- I have opened all the windows and am writing in a bright sunlight room.

Ruby.
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
I voted for the First Time Ever last week JG! Dialed my fingers off for JASON CASTRO/Mr. Dreadlocks - 'cause I was SO MAD that Pauler madethose comments to him about his 2nd song when he hadn't even sang yet!!!! (PLUS he looks like a sexy guy I had an interlude with in the early 80's - ahhhh Memorrrrrrriiiiiiieeees - All alone in the Moooooooonlight!"

But I digress (per usual) . . . yes, Hometown MO boy IS the American Idol . . . so RAWKS it each week!

Oh Auddie, my dear girl....JASON CASTRO I think he's packing his bags tonite & most likely, Syesha will be next, leaving the winner to be either David C. or David A. While I'd LOVE to see David Cook win (because he deserves to!)...I've got a feeling it will be David Archuletta. He's cute & he's "marketable". I have nothing against him, I just think David C. is more talented. If David C. doesn't win, its not going to hurt him any. Look at Chris Daughtry, he's done great! Touring with a Jersey boy (Bon Jovi)! We might see David C. opening for Daughtry one of these days...ya never can tell.

I ordered a couple new exercise dvd's from Ebay yesterday that involve Pilates & jogging I recently got The Firm Total Body Transfirmation kit...ummm...I looked at the dvd's and its a bit more complicated than I'd thought...but...I'm gonna give it my best shot.

I've discovered steamfresh garlic cauliflower (cauliflower has never really been one of my favorites) and its pretty good. I've yet to try making faux "mashed potatoes" with it but, I think they would be quite good. I've had it with butter & italian blend Mrs. Dash and last nite I sauteed it with some olive oil and the Mrs. Dash & it was delish!

Hope everyone has a great low carb day!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-07-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #8  

I just wanted to say hi and delurk.

I've been doing Atkins for 2 months now. This is due to pressure from my father who has been on Atkins since about when it came out. When my sister went on the low-carb she lost 2-4 lbs / week. Am I doing something wrong because I'm only losing 1 pound a week. I know it all adds up in the end but I expected something different for at least the first week or two. Anyhow, I'm actually really happy on this diet. I'm getting far less cravings and eating much less at meal times than I was. I also got through a whole Kung Fu class today without having to take a time out. YAY!!

I am having some problems with the nut portions too, I think I may need to do the measuring out 1 oz portions too. Why didnt' I think of that?
MinuetInC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Well Auddie...Jason is gone!!! I'm sorry, I know you liked him...BUT...it was time for him to say adidos! Forgetting the words to the song when you are in the bottom 4...ummmm....not good I'm sure Syesha will be next since she's been in the bottom several weeks in a row. Then its a battle between the 2 David's. Cook should win but...I've got a feeling Archuletta is the next Idol. We shall see.

I'm off to eat my breakfast...hard boiled egg, sausage & low carb/low sugar yogurt Everyone have a great low carb day!!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinuetInC View Post
I've been doing Atkins for 2 months now. This is due to pressure from my father who has been on Atkins since about when it came out. When my sister went on the low-carb she lost 2-4 lbs / week. Am I doing something wrong because I'm only losing 1 pound a week. I know it all adds up in the end but I expected something different for at least the first week or two.
MinuetInC!

Don't get discouraged, losing 1 lb. a week is great! Everyone is different in how slowly or how quickly they lose weight. A lot of it has to do with how much weight you have to lose to begin with.

Stick with the plan the way it was written, drink lots of water & stay away from processed foods & so called "low carb" products and you'll do great!

You CAN do this!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hiya Angels! Reporting in that I WON the Election (by a LANDSLIDE!)

Also got to w/i on my usual work scale after the 10 week lay off - talk about Ticker SHOCK!

Have to get up @ 4am - back to work p.t. for now . . . talk to everyone as soon as I can - but TX for the Well Wishes!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Auddie!!!

Its a rainy day here in the east...but...the PENS play the Flyers tonite in Pittsburgh...GO PENS!!!: Pardon me ladies...its the playoffs & I'm a tad excited...in case ya couldn't tell

Still waiting on those new exercise dvd's I ordered from Eaby to arrive...I'm thinking I should be getting them today

Been wondering where Sylvia's been lately I hope all is well...we miss you!!!

TGIF!!! Have a great day everyone! GO PENS!!!!!:

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-09-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

I was going to ask about sylvia the other day when I came back after the election . . . she DID Post after the funeral trip to the midwest didn't she? We miss ya Girl - get back in here!

Didn't get to watch Jason's "Farewell" Live - but DID youtube it jg . . . ummm, just will say that less is MORE for Jcas - insofar as the MORE I saw him the LESS I liked him - he totally RUINED my fantasy with that GIVE UP attitude -but then again he may have just been honest?

Dunno.

Rooting for MO Boy & now syesha who has grown on me . . . can.not.stand. Archuleta, do you like him?

I'm on my Protein Shakes this weekend . . . have a lot of ground to RE-cover!

Have a Great Saturday Angels! (wherever you all are????????)
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Hey Auddie!!

Do I like David Archuletta? That is a complex question. I think he's a very talented KID however...I don't think he should win. In my opinion, he hasn't proven himself to be a versatile performer. If you've noticed, he basically always picks "safe" songs to sing. He doesn't branch out with anything different. Which is why I really enjoy David Cook...he IS a versatile peformer! We'll see what happens...I've been disappointed with Idol in the past with Bo Bice & Chris Daughtry. I'm not really holding my breath though because I think Archuletta will win.

The PENS beat the Flyers in Pittsburgh last nite!!! DBF is a happy man and when he's happy...I'm happy

Still waiting on those exercise dvd's I ordered. Geez...the mail is slowwwwww and they have the nerve to raise their prices again on Monday!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #15  
Larry's Angel

Miracles DO happen...one of the dvd's I ordered arrived!!! Leslie Sansone You Can Do Pilates...hmmmm...we'll see!