Old 05-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat 5/7

Hello all,

Hanna I will try not to work too hard. Sometimes ya just gotta, kwim. My mom had periods that she feels like that with her fibermyalgia. The best thing you can do is to rest. At least Sean is stable, that will ease your mind ~ not cause any more stress.

Well, it is off to work I go.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...i'm very frustrated right now. I feel like i can't break 165. A few weeks ago i dropped to 164 but then was right back up to 165. Ugghhhh. I know i need to get better about writting down stuff...but honestly...i'm really eating pretty good. God am i frustrated. Oh well, maybe if i get better about writting everything down and maybe i'll start seeing some patterns.

hannah-hope you feel better. Fibromyalgia can take a toll on the body. Hang in there.

hey to everyone...hope the day is good for all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Today I'm grocery shopping, going to the bank, etc....then have to come home & wrap presents & make a choc. chip cookie cake (so yummy!!) for Frankie. Frank's aunt & uncle are coming over for cake after dinner tonight, so that should be nice.

Oh, I forgot I have a chiro and massage appt. this AM...YAY!!! Except, it's hard for me to relax when I know I have so much to do. Should have rescheduled probably, oh, well.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. It's supposed tro get to 80 here

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #4  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

JET, wow, sounds like you know just what I mean about the bball game. We're really reconsidering letting DS play next year.....if things are going to be as political as they appear to be. Where's the sportsmanship in that, ya know?? We had another game last night.....it was better...atleast the ump was making unfair calls equally for both teams, not just ours! DS's finger feels much better, also. He was able to play last night, although after being hit with that ball, he was a little skiddish when he was up to bat. That'll get better with time, I'm sure.

Having one of my CRAZY breakfasts this morning....a chicken salad sandwich and ff chips. It seems to stick with me pretty well and DD and I are gonna probably go shopping today...I don't wanna cave in to going out to eat while we're out....thinkin' ahead!!

Well, hope everyone has an awesome on plan day! I'll be poppin back in today, hopefully. Haven't done much of anything the last two days....just have felt run down. Haven't even been on computer much...odd for me! Stay strong and eat well, everybody!!

Diana
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hello everyone,

Well here's the news from my visit to the Thyroid man. I have several nodules on my thyroid, he says its possibly cancer, but they are too small to biopsy at this time so we'll wait for 6 months and check them out again and if they're big enough we'll biopsy then and go from there. He said not to be freaked out because it's got a high rate of survivabilty,( is that a word) and until we know for sure I don't need to get worked up. He says its functioning just fine though and his guess is that I'm very anemic, probably due to my crazy visits with Aunt flow, and thats whats wiping me out. They did blood tests but all they checked was my white blood cell count and my thyroid counts, so I may need to go back and have my iron checked to find out. Sure would be nice if they would have done a complete blood work up like I requested, but what do I know.

Diana, I think you're doing great, keep it up.

Pam, sounds to me like everyday at your house is a party, can I come????

GG, hang in there, that number will move, change something up for a few days and see what happens. Great news about the Vet buddy, maybe thats someone you could hook up with and workout from time to time since you'll be losing you PT.

Lisa, hope you get to feeling like yourself again, don't work too hard. All work and no play makes Lisa a dull girl!

Duck, gracious girl where have you been??? Glad to hear from you, I don't like it when the gym is packed either, so I feel your pain. How's your weather?

Gotta get going, I've got some biking to do before I pick up the little one from Preschool.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #6  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

CCmomo my sister has the thryroid problem with lupus on top of that. Not that I know how you feel but seeing what she goes through I understand a little. She carries around a lunch box with all of her meds. She was here recently diagnosed with Bipolar OCD complex. So that just adds more meds to her lunch box. She also is allergic to the sun. Plus with all the meds she is not suppose to be exposed to the sun.

I am currently being tested for the same since my ANA test came back positive. But they are saying since she has it that I can carry a false positive my whole life and never develop it. But my daughter and hers will have to be tested. Auto immune diseases run in the family. My brother has rhuematoid arthritis.

So hang in there. And if you need a shoulder of support let me know.

Ladies have a good day......
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #7  
Diana

Trish, I know this won't make you feel any better at all, but atleast it's caught early....so early that it can't even be tested yet! Praise God for that! My daughter (she's adopted), her "birth grandmother" is a thyroid cancer survivor....she's been cancer free for literally years and years. She had it when she was really young, I think. She has a scar across her throat where they removed her thyroid, but that's the only way you can even tell anything was ever wrong with her. And I'm sure they have a more comsetically-friendly way of doing that nowadays to minimize the scar....but even if not, what's a scar compared to life, kwim?? I have a vertical scar, 14" long, right down the middle of my abdomen where I had my hysterectomy and gallbladder surgery (yes, at the same time...which is why the scar is so large). I'll never want to wear a bikini with that scar, but honestly with all my stretch marks from pregnancy and regular weight gain, I would have never worn a bikini anyway. Try not to worry.....I know that's easy for me to say because as far as I know, I'm not possibly growing cancer in my body....do some research online.....as scary as that may sound (you never know what you may find out), it may actually ease your mind. That's what I did with my hysterectomy (I was scared I had cancer as well). It helped to ease my mind a great deal. Know that I'm praying for you, as I'm sure many others here are. One day at a time.....remember, nothing's beyond God's capabilities. Go to Him and be bold in your asking.........He loves you and wants you well as much as you do! He will make a way.....
Old 05-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Trish, I know it's very frustrating. You would have thought that they would have done all the blood work the first time. Esp to check your iron. I can't imagine having to wait 6 months. I'll keep you in my thoughts/prayers, everything will be okay!

Pam, Happy Birthday to your little man!

Lisa, good luck with the seniors today!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi all! Gosh, I'm soo busy at work these days! Trish, one of my good friends had Thyroid Cancer. She was diagnosed a few months after her wedding in 2000, and although she's been pretty much "cured" for a few years, she finally got the all clear Cancer-free call this past year! It's a very curable Cancer!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #10  
Diana

Having a munchy problem today...not hunger, just munchy. Trying to stay busy, but DH and DS picked blackberries (not the phone...LOLOL!!) Sunday and I've put off making the cobbler for as long as I can....it's cooking as we speak. Ohhhhhhhh I want some!!! A Lot of it!!! Encourage me ladies!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! It's already Wednesday! This week is going by pretty quick!
Alicia, How are you doing with TBL Challenge? I have been having a hard time keeping up with all the posts! It moves ridiculously fast! I feel my head spinning trying to keep up!
Diana, I hear ya on the feeling munchy! It is about that TOM for me and I always get the munchies! Like you I am not hungry, just feel like snacking! I was able to get in a good work out just now so that swayed me for a while!
Lauren, how is the new pup doing? Has he adjusted well?
Trish, keep your head up! I agree it doesn't make sense why they didn't do all the blood work this visit... why not just do it now and get it out of the way? Strange doctors... You will be in my thoughts and prayers! And like Diana said the positive is that they have found this so early that it is even too early to do a biopsy, that is good news!
Hi GG, Pam and Fergi! Hope yall are having a great day!
I am going to get my kitchen cleaned before my older 2 get home from school!
Have a good evening everyone!
Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #12  

Trish, just said a prayer that you will be healed. Having said that, I know three people who have had thyroid cancer, and all are fine & well. Hope & pray that is not it, but like Diana said, thank the Lord that they are catching it soon, and kudos to you for getting yourslef checked!!! Try to get some time for yourself, girl.

Off to make dinner. Will check in tomorrow. Expecting relatives in an hour or so, and I have a bit of straightening up to do!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Stephanie, I can't keep up with TBL, it's very overwhelming. I check in and say hi but can't possible respond over there. It's crazy!

I think I've found a job, it starts next week. I am not sure about it though. It's in home care. But....its live in. Which means that I have to stay for 3 days straight. Then I will get 3 days off. I don't know if it will be doable or not. I will have to sign Spencer up for after school care. My mother said it doesnt sound like a good idea to her. I am going to try it though and see how it goes.

Diana, I've had the munchies too. So hard to stay op this time of month!

Hope all are doing well. I've come down with something. I took some meds and its been no help. My nose is running non stop.

Have a great night everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening (said in an Alfred Hitchcock voice) all,

I forget who mentioned it, but Lisa is not all work and no play. (did that make sense?)

Today was crazy. I didn't get to lunch until 1:15pm. But I am still in a good mood. Actually I am in a great mood. - Never been better.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

GG I am sorry about the weight, it can be very frustrating, you are so good at getting your exercise are your clothes fitting better? it doesn't mean you are not loosing weight, you may be adding muscle?

HI Alicia!

Pam the party sounds fun! I want a piece of cake!

Lisa yes it can sure take a toll on the body, it stinks

Diana I can't be much help today, I had been doing so well w/the food intake and today I lost it LOL. and last week I had a few days of eating lots of sweets. I guess it just happens, for lack of better words, just call it it happens... Kwim?

Trish lets think positive, I am going to keep you in my prayers, I don't think is fair to hear the C word w/out doing the biopsy first. sorry about aunt F. I am so glad I don't have to worry about it any more!!! keep your chin up and keep us posted. Like Lauren said it is very curable cancer if it is, lets hope not!

Hi Fergi, you will also be in my prayers

Hi Stephanie!

nothing new here, just tired, we got Sean the new scooter "razor wave" I sat down in the afternoon outside and watched him ride it, he had a blast, it was fun to see him having a good time. Today I ate horrible, lots of BAD stuff I have not eaten in a while. Oh well!
wow it is only 8:30 pM and I am ready to go to bed, good night! I am going to bed early tonight

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote