Old 05-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool Thursday Chatters for May

Welcome to the group of healthy-living people.
We follow WW and want to lose weight and be in better condition.

Come join us!!!

I hope everyone had a super weekend.
On our April thread, Maureen posted that she made some great food choices this weekend.
Dori said she was struggling but was still hanging in there.
I'm sure I used all my 35 flex points. That's what they're for.
My lab work results came back and I'm a healthy specimen.
The over-all cholestoral number was over 200, however, the doctor said that was because my HDL was extremely high. (That's very good.)
Let's hear from everyone.
Tina
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #2  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Doh!! Common sense told me it was May, but I posted in the April thread. Man oh man. Well I was determined that today would be a good day. However, I haven't done all that well. I will be leaving tomorrow morning for a BETA club trip to Atlanta. I hate to say it, but I'm sure I won't make the best food choices. I'm sitting here thinking if I should just put it off until Thursday and start again seriously. I'm sure you all are tired of hearing that, but I'm really tired of being fat and I need a change.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Dori, you posted on the only thread that was out there at that time.
After I saw your post, it reminded me that it was May and time for a new thread.
Listen up friend......you can make good choices while you're gone.
If you are at a fast food place, get the grilled chicken and not the regular burger.
Just say NO to desserts. Do you think that sounds doable?????
Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi Friends,

Hope everyone is doing well. It's hard to believe it's May already!!!! Where is the year going????

My food hasn't been bad today. Actually, my stomach has been bothering me for about 2 weeks and it burns after I eat. If it's not better at the end of the week, I'm going to call the doctor. I just want bland food too which is certainly not like me!!!

Dori, do it the best you can!!! We have all been there! I think it's a lifetime of struggle.

Tina, thanks for starting us off. I was going to but you beat me to it.

Maureen, Way to go on journalling. I know it helps.

I was talking to my trainer today (who I think was trying to kill me). My workout was very hard! My shirt was all wet when I finished. She said "getting off is the hard part, we are going to have to step up the exercise, then it will be easier to keep it off."

We had a good rain today. We could really use it. It saves me from having to water. Yea!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

No watering here, either. We had a nice, steady rain most of the day. Although, now the grass will grow faster. Larry can't mow the yard. I've been having the "illegal alien" mowers do it every other week. Boy, it costs a lot of money to have a yard mowed!!!!!
Susan, I wouldn't be surprised if you have an ulcer.
Maureen, how is it going?
Jeanne, have you recovered from your vacation?
Dori, I hope you have a great time on your trip.
Tammy, well, I'm sure you and Tim are having a ball.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #6  
Susan

Well, I am breaking down and calling the doctor tomorrow. I hadn't really eaten much today and realized on the way home from school I was really hungry. I made hamburgers. After I started eating about 1/2 way through it my stomach started hurting, so I stopped eating. It started burning and then it felt like some one punched me in it. Pat said "did you take zantac?" I hadn't but went and did it. It still hurts but not as bad. I really hope it is nothing much!!! I will let you know what I find out. Maybe I will lose some weight this way.

Tina, I'm glad you are getting someone to mow.
Dori, how are you doing? Take it one day at a time.
Tammy, hope you are having fun with Tim and Mickey!!!
Jeanne, how are you doing?
Maureen, I'm glad you are back!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Susan You are scaring me now.
Please let us know what the doctor says. Of course, he'll probably do tests.
Feel better, my friend.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all-almost finished another day and managed to stay on program-Susan glad you're going to see a dr-that's not the way to lose weight(it hurts too much)-just wanted to check in this helps me stay accountable-glad you ladies are all here it makes this journey just a bit better-take care

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Default Is the world crazy or is it just me!

Is the world crazy----or is it just me!

First of all,
Maureen, I'm so proud of you for staying OP. You are an inspiration to me.

Susan, tell us all about your doctor's visit.

Now-----This morning I go over to the local haircutting place to get a trim. (I haven't been to this place in awhile.) I give them my first name and they ask for my last name. That isn't necessary because I'm not going to be a regular customer. The lady looks at me with a poker face and asked me again for my last name. I say no that I just want a hair cut. Then she asks for an my last name first initial. I told her it was stupid and left. I've never done anything like that before.
I just wasn't going to give her my vital information.
The world knows too much about us anyway. So there!
Now if I could just lose a few pounds.........
Old 05-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #10  

good afternoon all-still here and really trying to stick to it-according to my material I'm only allowed 18 pts per day plus the flex pts-well is anyone else having the same problem? I'm finding it very hard to stick to 18 pts!!!
Tina, good for you for sticking to your guns-I agree too many people know too much about us-what in the world does it matter what your name is you just want your hair cut!!(you should have made up a really ridiculous name & see what her reaction would be)

have a great evening
maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster; 05-07-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 05-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Maureen, I wish I'd thought to that. What was that name Red Skelton used? Clem Kadidillhoffer.
Then she would've asked me to spell it.

Susan, how are you feeling?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #12  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone!!!! Wooosh, I've missed you!
I didn't WI today! I will first thing tom. a.m. though!

Dori - Hi! I hope your BETA trip went well and you made some good choices!

Susan - do you think that could be an ulcer, it kinda sounds like it!!! But, they are treatable!!!! Take care. I hope you are feeling better! Oooo, I just read you are calling your doctor. Let us know!

Tina - Hi! Vacation was good. Thank you for asking! I came back to work Monday and focused on getting my work for my base store caught up and cleaned up. Tuesday I did the second store. And then.......I was off Weds. and my daughter needed stuff for a bake sale at her school. So, guess who baked and ate and licked the beaters and bowls...........yepppers, me! Today, we are just preparing for Mother's Day Weekend. Like, how many pounds of strawberries and raspberries we will need to make Friday and Saturday. Wrapping paper, bows, etc..........
Last Friday we went to Avenue Fashions for Women. I loved it. I bought so many things. I had some great coupons.
I can't believe you had that experience at the "haircutting" place! Urgh!!!

Maureen - Good job on staying OP! Keep up the good work!!!

Hi Tammy!

Gotta run! I'm at work..........so I better .......... work.........

Hugs ~
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi,
I went to the doctor today. I love her and have been going to her a long time!!! I told her all my symptoms and she said "I don't have to do any tests because I know it's an ulcer" So, I now have to take Nexium before breakfast, before lunch and zantac before bed. I go back in 2 weeks and if I am not better I have to go to a gastro doctor. She thinks this will take care of it. If I am better, then I will be on something for 12 weeks. She doesn't think it's a hole all the way through but more of an irritation from something that just won't heal. Then I showed her my toe, she said "it's going to come off" She said that I look and seem better than I have in several years. She is the one that told me I was pregnant so she has been with me through ALOT.

Jeanne, nice to have you back!!!!

Maureen, you are on a roll! Good for you!!

Tina, thanks for the hug! Did I tell you I will be in Galveston in late July for a conference?

Tammy, having fun and more important.....

Dori, how are you doing?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Susan, it's good to hear from you. I was getting worried.
I'm glad you're on medication. That stuff is good. Larry used to have GERD. He still takes a generic Zantac at night and a low dose of Prilosec OTC in the mornings.
Stay away from that hot sauce.

How's everyone else doing today?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #15  

Good morning all-Susan glad everything went well-I'll be weighing in at noon today-keep your fingers crossed-I've been sticking to program even though I find it pretty hard at 18 pts-doing a lot of walking-if I don't lose something today after 2 weeks I know I'll be disappointed-will check in when I get back from weigh in

have a good day on program
maureen