Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 05-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162 / 146 / 135(?)

Height: 5'10"

Default Good morning - newbie to the forum!

Hi everybody! I am new to (a) posting in the Maintainer's Forum, (b) posting in 3FC, and (c) posting on-line, anywhere, at anytime! Yes, a forum virgin. But I've been lurking (and I mean spooky lurking - as in voraciously reading several forums here multiple times a day - you know, restraining order kind of lurking!) since January when I started my FINAL journey to lose weight, and I've decided it's about time I stepped up and started contributing, sharing, and letting you all get to know me. Because let's face it, I feel like I already sort of "know" all of you after reading your posts for so long! Anyway, long story short, I've been a serial dieter since I was in high school. Never crazy overweight, but I've gained and lost the same 20 - 30 pounds every couple of years or so. Not only is that tiring, it's unhealthy. So this is it - I'm done with the vicious cycle! I've been eating well and counting calories since January 13 and have lost 15 pounds. While I still want to lose 5 or 10 more pounds (I'm more concerned with body fat than pounds at this point, so I don't really know where I want to end up), I have reached a point in this journey where I usually start gaining everything back. And sure enough, last week for the first time since January I started binging on foods I hadn't even been wanting for months - and I REFUSE to go there! So, despite wanting to lose a bit more, I'm focusing on MAINTAINING the loss I've achieved to date. I am really looking forward to joining this forum (which I think is absolutely amazing) and to sharing this journey with all of you. And just to show how truly happy I am to have this outlet available, with all the wonderful people who post here, I'm ending my first-ever post with a happy, happy icon!

Debbie
DaringDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC Debbie!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there Debbie. I'm so glad you've come out of "lurkdom". Congratulations on your weight loss.

I like your thinking - concentrating on maintaining your loss thus far and body fat %.

I really look forward to getting to know you better.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote