Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat Tues. May6th

Hey all!!

Lots of errands to run today, then taking Cady to the park with friends after school. Finally we are getting nice weather, so nice to be outside.

Alicia, my kids don't have kid parties every year, but my MIL insists on having a pizza party at her house, then of course we have to celebrate it on the actual day, too. This year, they did make out, what with the kid parties thrown in. This is Frankie's last party, Cadence may have one or two more. They are pretty good kids, though, so I try to make a big deal of it And remember, I love to plan parties & stuff too!!!

Okay, gotta get moving. I only have one gift for Frankie & tomorrow's his birthday!!! I saw a really cool slip-n-slide in the Penney's ad, also some cute tank tops (for me!!) so I'm gonna head to the mall after I drop Cadence off.

Hope everyone has a super day!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #2  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Pam, I remember the slip and slides from when we were kids, they were so much fun. I remember being in pain though from throwing myself at the ground, lol. I just admire you for all the party stuff, I'm not good at it (bad organizational skills)

I had a scare yesterday, I thought I had lost my puppies. Well, I did lose them, but thankfully I found them. Apparently the gate is messed up after the weekend. They both got out. If the girl gets out, the boy will follow her. We looked everywhere. The road I live on has 4 lanes. Anyways, I was driving around and I drove up this one dead end road and when I turned around and came back this lady was out in the street. She had this look on her face and I knew she had them. She told me she had almost hit one of them. So now they are back home and are under strict supervision!

I think today I will go get my oil changed, it keeps blinking its at 0%. I just hate doing it cause I know they are gonna charge me like 50 bucks.

I have not been exercising becasue my back is still bothering me. I think I might have to go to the dr about it. Hopefully tonight I will go for a walk.

Okay, hope all have a wonderful day, check back later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #3  

good morning!...quiet here so far today...

pam: have fun at the mall!...slip n slide sounds fun...i bet he would have a blast!...and cute tanks for you...yeah!..have fun outside, enjoy the weather

alicia: i hope your back gets better...take it easy though and dont overdo it...im glad you found the puppies...have a great day!

well...nothing new to report here...well i gained a pound but im just ignoring it...we'll see next week..dominic wants to go to six flags for mothers day...he wants to pay (too much $$$ for him to pay i think) very thoughtful..so i told him i would buy season passes and he can pay for the parking and food if he wants...it should be fun..just the 2 of us..work is super busy...i am always busy but right now i feel like im drowning in charts and paper!...i love my job though...well all...have a great day...exercise...and eat well....i need to follow my own words!..have a great one!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #4  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Good (late) morning everyone!!! You guys won't even believe the day I had yesterday!!! Everything was good until last night. DS had bball game (little league). We went. Our team hasn't been great so far this year, but they've steadily improved. Last night we played against a team that has two coaches that both coach high school bball. We weren't expecting anything great, at all. To make a long story short, we'd have won if the refs hadn't made 4 REALLY bad calls.....even the opposing coaches questioned their calls....and the calls were ALL in the opposing team's favor! One of the bad calls was when my DS was up to bat...the pitcher hit him with the ball. The ball ricocheted (sp??) off his helmet and hit his finger and smashed it on the bat. DS tried to tell the ump....the ump said, "no, it (the ball) hit the bat"....but it made my DS's finger bleed and he has a huge blood blister on it. DS tried to show him, but the ump wouldn't look at it....called a strike (his first so he had to continue batting with a badly throbbing finger--he was trying really hard not to cry at bat because he was mad and his finger was hurting really, REALLY bad). Well, when he struck out (who wouldn't, under those circumstances? He couldn't concentrate from the pain....) I proceed to go over by the fence and tell the ump what idiots they were! Then we went and got ice for DS's finger. OMG....I was SOOOOO mad! I musta burned 1000 calories from the fume coming out my ears!! There's more to the story....but it's long and drawn out....just suffice it to say that we had much reason to believe that the umps had been paid under the table to make sure we lost.

Anyway, the scales do show more loss today, but I'm not posting it until it's gone for atleast a couple days. I don't like having to move ticker back up. Makes me

Hope everyone else is having a better week than mine has gone so far....hoping tonight's game goes much better. Have a GREAT on plan day, everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon ladies! Thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing while I had a moment. My 3rd dd is now sick with that stomach bug... 3 down one to go, that is if my oldest even gets it, she had a pretty good resistance to illnesses and tends to avoid getting sick when it makes it's rounds through the house.
Pam: did you see that slip-n-slide that they have now that comes with what looks like a boogey board? At first when I saw it advertised, I thought HOW COOL, then I thought, stitches, emergency room... lol, not for my kids! My kiddos are a little on the clumsy side!
Alicia, I sure hope your back starts feeling better soon! It seems it has been bothering you for a while now huh? Also I am glad you found your puppies!
Christina, six flags sounds like fun! My girls are always asking to go, but standing in looong lines with the heat that summer brings does not sound fun to me. Plus I am a roller coaster buff and some of our kids aren't big enough to go on rides like that yet so dh will take one kid on the ride, then I'll take the other so that one of us can wait with the twins... it just turns out to be a hastle.
Diana, sorry to hear about your son's finger. I can't believe the ump was that pig headed (trying to watch my words lol)! I hope he is ok! Is he going to play tonight? Good luck!!
I have to go... dd is beckoning for me, again!
Have a good day all!
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'9"

Hi all! Just another day. more of the same. Worked out and ate my 'smart ones' lasagna! My favorite! Now I'm wasting time here and watching last nights House. I'm really just killing time so that I don't have to go do laundry! I'm highly motivated this week because one pound more and I'm under 170.(I know it seems dumb but baby steps )
foodvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #7  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

ack! I slipped up and ate a muffin today that put me over 2000cals. ACK! tsk tsk! Bad Duck!

I went to the gym but not at my normal time so all the machines were taken. There were tons of people in there and that makes me nervous. All the girls were wearing those sporty half shirt bra things. I did my 30 minutes and decided to leave and walk home which took 10 minutes so not so bad. Will be back at my normal time tomorrow when there aren't that many people there.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

/nicci
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

afternoon all...well this morning (i have the day off), i went to meet the horse vet. I hate working for cooperate because i can't get the stuff for my horse. Every year, horses have to have a blood draw called a coggins (its a highly contagious horse dz). So i was bummed that i had to pay a vet to do something i could do...but since it requires a certain state form (which i can't get), i had to have one out. Well the vet showed up...and low and behold...its a gf from vet school. We were both shocked because our names have changed (due to marriage). So we caught up for a short bit (she had to run to the next barn) but we exchanged numbers...now i know someone else in this town. Plus she said she'd help me get supplies for my pony. I'm glad to see someone i know.
this afternoon i've been helping dh put in window #3. This one is our bedroom window...so we are climbing on the lower roof....i even got to use the nail gun thing...whooohooo power. LOL...alright...got to run...dh is ready to go back to work.
chack back later.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Alicia, so glad you found the pups!!! Hope your back starts feeling better soon...maybe you should see a doc??

christina, I think that sounds like agreat idea for mother's day!!! So nice that he wants to be with you...have fun!!

Diana, I hate when umps are jerks..they think we are just "overprotective moms", KWIM?? Frankie has a game tonight, his team just plain stinks. Oh, well, they're only 8& 9 year olds...

Steph, I hope the bug is gonna head out the door after this one!!! I know how exhausting it is to take care of the kids...try to get some rest yourself!!

FV..it's not dumb!!! everyone's got their mini goals, and things that keep them going!!! Good for you, and keep it up!!

Nicci, where ya been??? good for you for getting to the gym!

Patricia, so happy you found someone to hang out with..are you still seeing your trainer?? Hope things are going well with the house repair.

Off to make spaghetti for dinner, already had a salad at 4pm (so hungry, and didn't want to eat snacks, so I ate it early ) Then Frankie has a baseball game at 5:45. Have a great night everyone!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..i'm exhausted. spent all day helping dh put window #3 in. Man i wish we had the money just to hire someone. Well at least i'm working out so things aren't quite as heavy as they would have been.

pam- i only have one more training session left ): ...i wish i could get more..however they are just way toooooo expensive. I just need to get off my butt and do it myself.

duck- don't worry about the muffin...just get back on track and do it. Hang in there.

Hey to everyone else.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, just poppin' in to say hey.

I know tomorrow is going to be a busy day. It is senior day at work and then I have to go and pick up my new glasses. I am looking forward to that. I really need to figure out how to download my digital camera to show them to you.

I have to be at work at 7:45 in the morning so take it easy all. Hopefully I will have the energy to chat in the evening.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone~

Christina that is so nice of Dominic to want to take you out for mother's day, I hope you like six flags, we went last summer w/our neighbor and oh my G-d we didn't enjoy it at all, we are NOT roller coaster people.

Diana I am so sorry to hear about your son's finger.

Stephanie I hope the bug doesn't do its rounds in your house, poor kid :sad:

Pam did you see the slip-slide? we love ours! it is a great thing to have, specially for the summer

GG what a bummer about the pony supplies. I know you really enjoy your workouts w/your pt, can you figure out how to do it again? any more overtime? didn't you make good friends w/her? maybe you can work something out? I couldn't even imagine installing anything in the house, let alone windows!

Hi Lisa!!! don't work to hard

Alicia sorry about your back, hey $50 sounds a little high for an oil change, what do you drive? I am glad you found the puppies, I would be going crazy! you know me and the little dudes! LOL.

I have been very tired, can't find much energy. I am having lots of trouble getting out of bed in the AM, I don't think I am depressed, I think is just pain. I am not overdoing anything, and unfortunately it shows (to me it does) DH is so good, he said the house doesn't look bad, to me it does, I am only doing small loads of laundry at a time. In the afternoon when DS is home from school I just sit and knit, and watch him play, it is so good to have him stable!!! well DH just got home, I need to spend some time w/him, he has been working all crazy hours.
See you guys tomorrow
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Nicci I forogot to ask you how are you doing w/the buz thing? were you able to work things out? good for you for getting to the gym!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Well, it's technically Wednesday here, but I thought I'd pop in.

I've been terrible at keeping my food log the last couple days, so I'm not sure of my points intake. Gotta start again tomorrow (today).

Diana, most of Dh's sisters have been very athletic...soccer, basketball, volleyball. We've been to some of their games and BOY have we seen some doozies of games with refs. One of the worst was a couple years ago...it was his one sister's basketball game and the refs were calling pretty much everything against her team. She ended up getting fouled out of the game, and she's a clean player! But she was also the strongest player on the team, and their opposition knew that (payoff, anyone?). The kicker for me was when TWO big girls on the other team rammed into Sis-in-law from behind and pushed her forward, and the stupid ref. called a traveling penalty against HER. GADS!!! That was a horrible game, for a lot of reasons.

Ugh. Wonder if it's "bench parents" (kind of like stage parents) and refs on other payrolls that partly causes me to resist getting DS in sports full-force.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote