Old 05-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #1  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Default 24 Days till My Wedding.. and i am SOOO mad at myself

ok so Friday May 30th is our wedding. We have been together for 5 years have 2 wonderful kids so the wedding was just the next part of our lives..

But i am SOOO mad at myself for not wanting to lose weight sooner. Well it is not that i didnt want to lose it, it is that i didnt have any energy or anything else to get me going. My dress fits great it is a size 18. It is a corset dress so even if i lose 20 pounds till then ( just an example) it will still fit and look ok. I am just mad because i know i am going to look like a blimp. I would have thought for my own wedding i could have been down at least 40 pounds by now. It just depresses me that i am dumb and didnt get my butt in gear sooner. Sorry i just had to vent.

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #2  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Don't be too hard on you... Yes, it is true that you could have lost a lot more for the wedding if you have started before. However, you are here now and that's what really matters. I know you will look GREAT and BEAUTIFUL like all the brides do on the wedding day. Even if you don't lose as much as you want for the wedding, what about 1 year anniversary after the wedding? Just think what you will look like next year when you keep up at it!
And no need to apologize for venting, that's why we are here for, to support each other! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

You're going to look beautiful on your wedding day!

I was married 10 months ago, and my biggest fear was feeling fat or ugly on my wedding day. I thought I should lose a bunch of weight before my wedding, but didn't have the motivation and was so busy planning the wedding and being in love that I didn't have time.
But....I felt like a princess on my wedding day, and I did feel beautiful, and everyone told me I looked beautiful.
It wasn't until about 4 months after the wedding that I decided to start loosing weight. I took all the time I spent planning the wedding and put into planning my meals/exercise/weight loss. Now I am loosing the weight for ME! That is the best motivation. Doing for a wedding or for someone else, was never enough motivation for me.

So, my advice....you WILL be beautiful on your wedding day! Don't spoil this wonderful month by going on some horrible crash diet to try to loose 20 pounds in a month....enjoy it! And enjoy your honeymoon (if you have one?).
Then, when you feel like you are ready to do it for YOU, join us here at 3FC and we'd love to walk this journey with you!

Last edited by bethbeth; 05-06-2008 at 04:22 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i told my fella i wudnt get married til im a size 10...
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #5  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

he's marrying you not the dress
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I felt that way on my wedding day. I think there was just too much other stuff plan without trying juggle calorie counting and getting time to exercise. i suppose I could find all kinds of reasons (excuses) if I tried. Just remember you hubby's love is unconditional and not hinging on what size your wedding dress is. Enjoy the day, you will be beautiful!!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288.6/288.6/188

Height: 5'3"

Five years ago I found myself in the exact same predicament, and at about the same weight you are. I thought "if I can't lose weight for my own wedding, what the heck can I lose it for"? But you know what? I made a promise to myself that my weight would be the very last thing on my mind for the wedding weekend and somehow I managed to do it. I crammed my brain with experiencing every detail of the weekend. And here was my new husband taking me for life at the largest size I'd ever been.

People know who you are, you're not going to shock them by being you on your wedding day (something I actually worried about). Stuff will go wrong on your wedding day prepare for that, have a wonderful day and honeymoon and then work on your health goals for your marriage rather than your wedding.
skinnymrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Think of it this way. Your hubby-to-be loves you NOW, as you are. He doesn't expect you to have the body of a Barbie doll. You will look beautiful; if you're ready to lose the weight now for the right reasons, just keep at it!

Kate
AlreadyCuteK8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

I actually gained weight between my engagement and wedding. But, you know what, it was still an amazing day and even though I was larger I felt wonderful and looked good. I still think that when I look at our wedding pictures even though I am 40 lbs lighter now. Enjoy your day and don't worry about it. The fact that you found someone who loves you for who you are is way more important then a number on the scale. Enjoy yourself and congratulations!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #10  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I had 4 years to lose weight for my wedding and I still didn't do it.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:27 AM   #11  
Back to the horse

S/C/G: 105/101.6/63

Height: 5'8

people just have different boiling points, for me, it was that i gained 3 pounds...
so i have gained weight my whole life, but those 3 pounds were the reason for me to try to be thinso now that you wan to change do it, maybe when you are a lean and beautiful girl, you can have a second honeymoon, even a second wedding (bow renoval, not a second hubby )
be glad that you take the HARD choise to live better!
olguitha is offline   Reply With Quote