Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat 5/5-5/11

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend Mondays are always rough, but on the positive side it is FINALLY beautiful weather in Chicago.

Anyone have any big Mother's Day plans coming up? I of course have a day of eating (like every other family affair), yuck. Brunch with one side of the family and then BBQ with the other side of the family. Not sure how I'm going to calorie count that one... I also have my best friend's birthday the night before, tapas and sangria hmmm once again planning will be difficult. Looks like I'm in for an interesting weekend.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday!!

CookieMonster416- glad you have nice weather! Ours is a bit chilly, but not too bad.

No big mother's day plans, my husband has to work 11 hours that day.. from 8am-7pm He's a fast food manager and his boss put him on- which is weird, she usually tries to give "small holidays" off for the people who have families. But, oh well. Alexis and I might go visit him at work and have dinner there that night, so we at least see him And then just go home with him when he's done. He has the Tuesday following mother's day off, so we're all going out as a family then.

As far as me- I'm great! Today was weigh in and I lost 2 pounds even to bring me to 12 pounds, total. SO pleased with that!!

I hope everyone has a great Monday, and week!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick check-in b/c I'm meeting the bf for dinner...but I finally went to the gym and re-weighed in...I'm up 2 lbs, but that's really okay. The hours during rehearsals/shows were so crazy that I was eating whatever/whenever, so I'm really not that upset about the gain. After finals this week, I'll have a lot more time to devote to planning, cooking, etc., so I'm sure those 2 will come off pretty quickly.

Hope everyone has had a not-too-stressful Monday!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #4  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Hi everybody!

I'm at even for weight gain for last month. Didn't lose, didn't gain, but I'm more toned on my arms and legs. I'm just happy I'm recovering from my bout with pneumonia. I can finally walk again without feeling like my lungs are about to burst and I'm not coughing every other minute.

Erika79: I used to work fast food (for about two months). It was.. interesting.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

sexybrokechick -- just because you didn't lose weight doesn't mean you're not doing well, especially if you've been so sick!! You probably lost fat and gained muscle and it just happened to even out. Usually I gain weight when I'm sick because I don't eat enough, and what I do eat is ice cream and other things that aren't so fab.......but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!

Erika-- it's too bad you can't go out with hubby for Mother's Day, but I think the important part is that you celebrate it, not that you celebrate it on the right day!! And congrats on the loss!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Sorry I kindof went MIA last week, the stress of finals. Well I survived only to start back up today with my internship (same one as last semester). I’m happy though because that will be all that I am doing so I can focus on it and have some time to relax, I need to majorly clean my apartment (it’s trashed) and then start back at the gym. I think I will only be at my internship until 3 so that leaves me time to get to the gym. I got offered to extend my trip to New York I was suppose to go for three days, which was extended to 4 then 6 now 9. I have the option to say no but in all reality I can’t say no to a free 9 day trip to New York in which I’m only going to have to work for 3 days.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Cookie – Um that is really hard on both accounts.

Erika – Good job losing 2 pounds.

Arts - Good luck on finals!!!

Sexy – Being more tone is an accomplishment even if you didn’t lose weight.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #7  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Remember- free 9 day trip to NY?! Wow! I wouldn't say no for anything to that. That's one place I want to go... so many Korean restaurants and stuff. lol

Sexy- Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Erika- 2 lbs! That's GREAT! It seems like you will have no problem getting to the first goal! =)

Well, for me.. I work on Sundays so I don't think we will have anything big for Mother's day on Sunday. I'm the "mom" in my "family" and my mom is a Korean.. We don't have Mother's Day, but we do have Parents' Day, which is on May 8. So I will just call my parents and say hi or something like that. For the last two years, they were alone because my brother was studying in Japan, but he's back to Korea now...so at least they will have him.

I gained some this week...Although I'm little bit down about it, it's only 0.8 lbs, and I did lose 3.4 lbs last week, which was during TOM. Since I didn't gain any before TOM and lost so much, I'm trying to tell myself that it's all good, and at least I didn't gain all of the 3.4 lbs or more. =)

This is my final week for the semester, and the final paper is due Wednesday and I haven't even started yet. (It was 8 week class and assignments are given weekly) So I will be busy tomorrow and Wednesday. Wednesday is also my monthly weigh-in at the gym, so I've been trying to be good today and am going to try my BEST to be good tomorrow..
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #8  

Good luck to everyone taking finals!

I used to be sooo bad with my health during the finals weeks. I completely stopped working out and would basically open a big of chips and order an XL pizza and just snack on those through out the day... Good thing I'm not in college anymore. Although, the workplace has its own temptations.

I'm very excited because tomorrow I'm trying this Cardio Kick class with someone I work with. I've never done an exercise class so should be interesting.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #9  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

not having a good week and feel like banging my head into a wall. i will not change my ticker cause i know 4 pounds will not cling to my butt for long. plus i'm trying to drink more water and less soda which is making for crabby mommy.
as for mothers day blah dh doesnt celebrate iti'll prolly get a happy mothers day said to me on his way out the door or before bed(this happened last year he makes no effort for me but would call his mom no prob)
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #10  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey gals... im a newbie to this forum ... ok if i jump right in?

ive been following atkins.. for a couple weeks.. im bored already.. think im gonna bite the bullett and eat healthily.. and exercise like crazy! i think that will ensure long term losses? what do u think?
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #11  

I think that is a great idea! Personally, the only way to truly lose weight for good is to adapt a healthy lifestyle. I just have not found "diets" where you have to restrict things to work. I actually REALLY like calorie counting. I keep a journal and am able to plan weekly menus.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #12  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

yesterday was good and today i have a major case of the munchies. it happens. after i do my exercising they usually go away. so that is what i am off to do.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
ive been following atkins.. for a couple weeks..
If you don't me asking, did you drop a lot of weight in the first few weeks? I've done low cal, low fat, everything you can think of except low carb, and I am STUCK in the 140s. Every week it'll bounce up and down a few pounds, between 141-144. Been there now for about 4 weeks and it's driving me insane.
I work out like a mad man on my treadmill for almost 2 hours everyday and burn nearly 700 calories a day so it has to be my diet. Even though I count calories and stay between 1300-1500. And I thought that was low. I wanna try low carb now, but as a Vegetarian, the only foods that are low carb I can find are salad, green beans, eggs, and cheese and I'm not happy eating just that but I'm about to give up completely.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #14  
Gonna be hot hot hot!

S/C/G: 141/TBA/105

Height: 4'11"

I'm with you PrettyPaula, I'm a newbie too!

Hope it's ok if I jump right in after ya!
BellyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #15  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! This is quick, no replies. I can't work out yet because of the illness, maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

I just ordered a digital camera tonight and it should be in at the end of the week. So happy, I can now take pics of my body for comparison. Yay!
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote