Old 04-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #1  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Default getting back at it

Hello everyone. I have not been on here for quite some time. In fact, my profile said January, but even then I just stopped by. Back in the day I used to be on here several times a day. Makes me think this site was key to my success.

Here's the background.......
I was losing weight for two years straight. I lost slowly and had lost 65 pounds. from 233 to 168. I am now at 188 and scared to death to go back to where I was. I am just having a hard time getting my mind back in the right place. I am working out with a trainer (still). I am only going 2x a week vs my old 3x. I am not doing any cardio. I was doing 2-3x a week. So, I need to get back to that.

I have re-joined WW several times since last October and never made it back to weigh in.

So, I write today to try to get my brain back to where it should be. Hope you see more of me around.

-Amy
buffalosister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Welcome back Amy! I hope you'll get into the habit of spending time here with us! It really does help.
Keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good for you, coming back in to get back on track. As Beth said, it really does help to check in here. Are you doing Flex or Core, or both?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #4  
Amy

I am going to stick with flex. I have been so successful with it in the past. Today is day one. I am really going to try today. One step down. I served my kiddos cereal for breakfast without grabbing a piece or five out of thier bowls. Thanks for your support.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #5  

Hi! I wish you bunches of luck! We are kind of in the same boat. I too lost a bunch and after a couple years noticed it slowly creeping back on my booty!

I had never been on WW before and I love it! I have been following flex and exercising and after 5 weeks am down 23lbs I am excited!

I have to make sure I get in enough exercise this week because I really slacked last week!

good luck to you!
ILuvMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #6  
Amy

Wow! Congrats on the success thus far. I have had a good day. I had malt-o-meal with cinnamon for breakfast. Just ate a salad and Smart One for lunch. I feel a bit light headed now. Not sure why. Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck reaching your goal as well.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #7  

Hey just wanted to check in and see how you were doing! Hope you are doing great!
ILuvMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #8  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

ummm silly question but what is malt-o-meal?????
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #9  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

welcome back and good luck!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

missjenny,

Malt-o-Meal is actually a lower-cost cereal brand that has all kinds of good-tasting knockoffs of big brands like Kellogg's and Post.

BUT, I think what Amy was talking about is their hot cereal that is like Cream of Wheat. We can find the Malt-o-Meal stuff right next to the Cream of Wheat...again, it's cheaper, and just as good.

Last edited by luvmyfam; 05-19-2008 at 02:27 PM.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #11  

Amy, I hope you are doing well.
I could have written some of what you wrote, not the same numbers, though. I had a nice loss, gave up, came back, left, and lost control. Have been on a downward spiral for awhile and am now really trying to get back control.
It's so hard to see your weight creeping back up. Time to nip this in the bud.
I think I remember you from a long time ago, I've been around for awhile.
Good luck!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #12  
Amy

Hi guys. Well, not much luck getting back at it. I don't know what is wrong with me. Just can't find the right mind set. I am getting to the point of being disgusted with myself. We'll see if I can't pull it together. Thanks for all your support.

--Amy
Old 05-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #13  

Amy:
I know where you are at and I was "there" (not a fun place to be) even a couple of weeks ago. I do know that no one can do it but you, no nagging and outside influences of any kind will draw you back into a healthier pattern. Only you can decide what and when.

What did it take for me?

It took my clothes feeling tight and uncomfortable again. I felt the re-gain of my weight on my body. Getting up and sitting down with tight jeans on is not fun. Having to stoop down to pick up something on the floor reminded me of how tight those jeans had become. My back started to bother me again and my acid reflux started to act up. I was in pain, I was uncomfortable. I was miserable. Yet, I wanted to eat the foods that were always part of my life in the past and pretend that there was no such thing as WW and all that stuff. I have to admit I was sick to death of it and still am, a bit. BUT......

I live in jeans and have a few pairs that fit me when my weight is "in check" and those jeans were facing me in my closet each day and I wanted to wear them, but I knew that I couldn't. Even if I could get them on and zip them up, I would be so miserable that after about 15 minutes in them, I would have had to have changed. I was sad and bummed out. I was thinking about going out and buying the next size up, yet again. What was I thinking? Buying new clothes costs more than going to WW meetings, doesn't it?????

So, I squared my shoulders, and went back to a WW meeting, yet again. No admonishments awaited me, only a kind acceptance and welcome back. It was hard for me to admit defeat, failure. I was so convinced that I could maintain my weight loss on my own, but I failed.

Success, to me, means hanging on to my WW program for dear life, I guess. I am accepting of my humanness (is that a word?) in that I could end up getting to cocky and try to go it on my own again. Will I be smarter another day, another time? Will the lure of all the sweets, great foods and things that I miss so dearly when I am on program, yet again, draw me back into a bad pattern? I don't know, but for now I am here and I am trying again. I'm proud of the choices that I am making.

Sorry for this long post, but I am soul searching. Around Jan/Feb of this year, I just chucked it all. I thought I could maintain the weight loss I had worked hard for on my own. Soon, the foods that I had kind of given up crept more and more frequently back into my life. It was like a party to have all those fun foods again, they were my old dear friends. Like an alcoholic who takes that first drink, I was hooked again and it was not really registering in my brain that I had taken that path. I would revert back to my WW type of meals about 2/3rds of the time, so I kept thinking that doing that would be enough. Well, it wasn't enough, from Feb. until early May, I gained back over 6 pounds. It was a shocker.

So, Amy, I hope you get your groove back. Are your clothes fitting well still? Are you going to WW meetings? Are you making menus for each day and making a plan? I failed at all of that for a few months.

Keep posting and let us know!
Old 05-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #14  
Amy

Wow, thank you so Much for the post. No appology needed for length. I appreciate you taking the time. I am thinking about contacting my sister's friend who just went back to meetings. She lost over 100 lbs and gained some (quite a bit but not all) after having a baby. I may join her in her meetings. Good point about clothes costing more than meetings. Way to put it in perspective. I will keep you updated. Thanks again!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #15  

You are welcome, Amy!
Divided we fall, united we lose....lose weight that is!
Linda