South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Chatter

Coffee with a dash of cinnamon this morning, who'd like some?

I woke up to the birds singing their little hearts out on this gorgeous sunny day. Well, the sun's not up yet, but it won't be too much longer. I got all my housework done yesterday, so I can play today. First Curves, then I must get to the gas station, then just goofing off the rest of the day. I do want to make the Homestyle Turkey Meatloaf w/ Mushrooms and White Beans before I leave for work, and we'll have that with smashed cauliflower and roasted brussel sprouts for supper.

Time for a refill!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage!!
Hope you get a lot of time to play today. That dish you are making sounds great...it's in the files?

We finally got some sleep last night and so did our "allergy dog", Stitch. He seemed to be getting better since I started making his food, then a couple of days ago he got up covered with a "rash" again. He looks like he has measles, then he gets scabby (TMI, I know) then he chews himself raw all night even with meds. My husband heard about this stuff called Nu-Stock and got some at the feed store and we bathed him and covered him in the stuff last night (smells awful). He stopped scratching right away and has not scratched since then. I think he paid 12 bucks for this stuff as opposed to the 200 we've been spending on vet bills each month. praying that it keeps working.

Nothing special for me today...just work and then maybe playing out in the garden later.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, the recipe for the meatloaf is from the new Supercharged book. I'll let you all know how it is. I'm sure glad that your dear little puppy is getting some relief with that new medication. Poor thing must have been miserable! I hope it continues to work well.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #4  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning

cottage-hope you have a great day. I gotta get my cleaning done today.
cat-have you tried using benedryl for the itching? You can give dogs benedryl for allergies. It's amazing the things you can give your dogs now days.

anyone who I miss-hope you have a wonderful day.

me-nothing much. It's really early for me and need to go back to bed. I am exhausted. I have alot of depression. I just need to go and get that st. john's wort. I have been so down. I think I have Leo's PTSD. They say it can be passed to the children and spouse. I think I have it. Nothing much for me today. DS2 and DS3 are sick with the cough and can't stand it. I'm tired of giving them breathing treatment after breathing treatment. Well, I'm off back to bed. Will check in later. Good night.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Our yard is full of singing summer birds today! Our rose breasted grosbeaks showed up yesterday morning. We always look forward to their arrival because they have beautiful songs and are very entertaining on the feeders Now we're just waiting for the orioles and hummers.

Cottage - that recipe does sound yummy and I'm already thinking about adapting it for the vegetarian crowd

Cat - I didn't have time to post yesterday but did check out your pictures. You have a really good eye for photography and they are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

In spite of the cold our yard is doing its best jungle imitation. I've got a meeting all day again but will get out and mow some when I get home. Every spring we get caught between rain storms and the yard gets out of control. We are trying to stay ahead of it this year. I'm also hoping to get a few tomato plants in the ground in their wall of water. I never got to test it out last year and can't wait to see if it really works!

I'm planning my food for our Maine trip. We have a condo so can cook our own meals, but I don't like to spend a lot of time cooking. Time to dig around in the recipes for easy cook ahead foods!

Have a good day!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

tk - we were posting at the same time I had good luck with the st john's wort a few years back. I used it to wean myself off of prozac. Hope it helps you too. Sounds like you have lots of competing demands on your time and attention. Take some time for you too, even if it's just a few minutes here and there to breath deeply or a quick soak in the tub.

Here's to a good day
Old 05-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #7  
-

tk..yep, we've tried benadryl, zyrtec and a zillion things from the vet...nothing has helped. He is apparently allergic to EVERYTHING. Hoping this stuff is the answer...it was last night!

Cyndi...glad you liked the pics.

Cottage...I have the book and will look at the recipe today.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:47 AM   #8  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Cat--my brother had a lab allergic to grass, trees, pretty much most plants. They ended up taking him to Virginia Tech to the vet school. My sister-in-law gave him regularly scheduled allergy shots for the rest of his life, that cleared him up for the most part. He occasionally would still have a break out, then they would give him steroids to get him over it. The pup was always a happy dog and lived a long full life. RIP sweet Sam!

Last edited by SkinnyDogMom; 05-06-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:49 AM   #9  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Oh...Good Morning Everyone! Bogart puppy has me up early, along with the gazillion birds in our canopy of trees. Have a great day, I think I'm headed back to bed for a few more zzzz's as soon as the pup settles down.
Karla
Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and I "slept in" again! I hate it when the sun gets up before I do.

Cottage, I got the new book and will start checking out recipes soon. One of these days I'll try roasted Brussels.

Cat, I sympathize with Stitch as I'm itching badly from black fly bites on the weekend. Getting stuff from the feed store sure is cheaper than the vet! That's where I get my liquid glucosamine for my darling.

Glenn, I hope you can get that St. John's Wort soon and feel better. You certainly have your hands full.

Cyndi, I have my hummer feeder out and am expecting the little guys any day soon. They always are here for Mother's Day and actually arrived May 6 last year. I'm an obsessive garden log keeper! By the way, you may have to put a stake or two in your wall of water - mine fall over in the wind.

Karla, I love Bogart for a dog's name. I knew a Basset called that. You certainly must have the Mormon Tabernacle Bird choir if they wake you up.

Loads to do today and Donna and Danny will be here too. I leave to drop Hersh off at the groomer for the night and then will go to the airport to pick up Meowee. (She's another MOD on 3FC.) We will have dinner with Ellis and her family, stay overnight and have lunch down in the Byward Market with Mauvaisroux, another MOD. We will try to be MODerate in our food consumption but no guarantees!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #11  
-

Ruth...go to Walgreen's or whereever and get some Dermaplast spray...will numb the itching immediately.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No Walgreens here, Cat, but I'll look for Dermaplast. In the meantime, vinegar does the trick - except I smell like a pickle jar!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all,

couldn't sleep all night so got up and got some things done before the day is suppose to start. Got my walk in, and have time to jump on and say

cottage-enjoy your free morning. the meatloaf sounds good. I am going to have to try and get my hands on the book soon so I can copy some of the recipes out of it.

cat-hope the meds help the fur baby. We (me and the kids) enjoy your pictures. Whenever I get on DD2 comes up and asked if there is any new pictures. It is nice to show her something besides desert and cactus.

tk- hang in there

Cyndi,skinnydogmom,Ruth-

As for me it has been busy. Playoff week for the DS1&2. DS2 had his softball playoff last night. Faced a good team with an angry coach. Feel so bad for the other team. DS' team won and took 1st place. DS1 has soccer playoffs tonight which looks like they may win if their heart is in it and if so they will play tomorrow night as well. The girls have tumbling class tonight and somewhere in there I need to cook dinner and set up for tomorrow Life is good though not complaining just busy. We have great weather here but no garden(DH nixed it)to play in. Have totally enjoyed our spring so far it is already May and we have not hit 100* yetancer:

well better go now and water the flowers as my early wake up has now caught up with my am get things done time. Everyone have a great day and a safe one.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, chickies.

Speaking of, I think my first batch of chicks is a dud. Today's day 25 and NOTHING! (They should hatch at 21) I have to go in and remove her from the nest, hope she doesn't get too freaked out about it.

Anyway, I got my run in today. With the party this weekend, I was too sore on Sunday because of scrubbing on Sat, and too tired on Mon because of party on Sun. Got it in today, though.

I am NOT stepping on that scale until the weekend, though. I was NOT a good girl at the party. No need in depressing myself. NO, NO
Old 05-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everybody! Hope your morning is going well so far. We had a nice, big thunderstorm that dropped right at 1/2" of rain out here. (Well, rain and hail). Thank goodness for carports. The power also went out, so I was seriously worried about waking up in time to work out, but I did. So, workout and a yummy P1 breakfast are out of the way, let's figure out what the rest of the day holds. Work, then a quick leftover dinner and off to the movies with DH to see Iron Man.

Cottage: Thanks for starting us up! One day I'll make it up as early as you on a regular basis, but not right now.... Your dinner sounds delish, except for the mushrooms, but not because I don't like them. I'm extremely allergic.

Cat: I hope that the new treatment you found for Stitch really continues to help. DH tends to head straight to the feed store when the doggies are sick. It's much better to spend $10 on a bottle of de-wormer than to spend $50 at the vet. Hope you have a great day!

tk: Try and have a good day.

Cyndi: Oooh, Maine sounds wonderful. That is one of the places on DH and I's travel list. One day... Enjoy the birds and the yardwork.

SkinnyDogMom: I agree with Ruth, Bogart is a great name for a pup. Enjoy your zzzz's!

Ruth: Enjoy your MOD time. Sounds absolutely wonderful!

phx: Congrats to DS2 and his team and good luck to DS1! Hope you have some time to catch your breath! Have a great day!

Well, off to shower and get ready for work. I'd like to pick up the house a bit, but that'll have to wait until after movie time. Hope everyone to follow has a great day!!

~Kim
Closed Thread