Old 05-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Smile Accountability/Menus/Planning - Week of May 5 - May 11...

Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #2  

Hi Chicks!!

I had a good time in Cleveland. The arts luncheon, entertainment and silent auction was fun. I bought myself a cute Chico watch at the auction. It has a BIG face with is good for me to easily read. I did GREAT with the food at the luncheon. However, that night at my SIL's I did go back to seconds on the chinese food.

Happy to say that yesterday I was back on plan and under 1500 calories - I am grateful.

Today:

exercises and stretches for my pieces and parts
ice/heat
lots of water
meditation (last night I went to sleep listening to my meditation tape)
log food
Positive Mental Attitude

Office work - getting out more invoices for summer work. I need to go to Office Max and get my nice stationery.

breakfast - cottage cheese and pears, pnb toast
snack - coffee
lunch - "fried" brown rice with mushrooms, onions & egg whites, brocolli
snack - cheese on a wrap, watermelon
dinner - pancake, turkey sausage, sf syrup
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

Bgtxmamma - Feel better soon!!

Mj5 - glad you enjoyed the spa so well. It's a wonderful treat. How was 27 Dresses. It looks like it would be a fun movie.

Cheetara - so good that you got all your water in - adding Crytal Lite counts. I liquid is a liquid. So glad you've been OP. That's wonderful!

Darkblue - hang in there. Don't let the scale get you down. I know you'll get another dancing veggie soon. Yes, I loved the arts luncheon, show and auction!

Everyone have a GREAT day. Treat yourself well.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-05-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

I'm so glad to get the weekend behind me and move on to a great on-plan week. Does anybody else have a problem with weekends? My workday schedule makes staying on-plan so much easier.

Momma- How are you feeling today? I hope you get better quickly.
Darkblue -I'm sorry to hear that your week wasn't a great one for weight loss. What will you be doing differently this week to get on track?

My plan for this week is to start exercising every day. Today, I re-start the modified C25K program. Hopefully, this will rev up my body for some great losses in the coming weeks.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I got up this am and thought I would only have time for 1 mile of a walk slim dvd (better than none), but I actually had time for 2 miles! Yippee! Now I just have to remember how good this feels when I am trying to get up tomorrow am!!!! After work, right to the gym for legs/back and more cardio.

Darkblue--Don't beat yourself up. We all have those weeks. Hopefullyt this week will be less hectic.

txmomma--Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself.

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for starting us off. I was just about to get us rolling for another week. The auction sounds great! The movie was really good.

Rhonda--Good luck w/ re-starting the c25k. I struggle w/ weekends, although it's getting better, slowly.

How is everyone else doing?

I have to turn in a copy of my gym renewal at work today. I get a $30 wellness benefit if I do. I think I'll save that for my next pedi reward!

Have a great on plan day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #5  

Rhonda - yes, I often struggle with the weekends too. Seems like there's more going out to eat and gatherings, too. I am so excited about your C25K - it sounds like such good incentive and healthful goal!!

Mj5 - Good for you getting in TWO miles. You rock!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Morning everyone! The weekend got away from me so I don't have my normal food for this morning ugh NO cottage cheese

Br. low-fat muffin (from a coffee place so it's probably 8000000 calories still) and a coffee
snack - going to try & sneak out and get some fruit
Lunch - leftover shepherd's pie (reduced fat, prepacked but so yummy and only 290 calories for a decent sized portion)
dinner - ginormous (it's a word ) salad with grilled chicken & w.w. roll
snack - sf jello

what a boring menu today!!! I like reading this thread to give me some ideas on what to have....it's time to make a ginormous (again, it's a word) pot of veggie soup to pre-portion and freeze. I've been getting way too lax lately, I haven't gained at all (yay!!!) but I'm not down any either ~ i so want to break into the next 'decade' soon
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Size 26/22/8

So...
Saturday night wasn't so good... NEED NEED NEED to restart Beck Diet Solution, but haven't gotten around to it. Next week when I go back to a regular work schedule will be a better time (though I plan on being OP in the meantime).
Sunday was great...
Today will be easy because I don't work (no non-OP food here)

Am planning on going to a buffet on Thurs. (before seeing Duran Duran - yippee!!!) and for the first time, I'm EXCITED! I have a strategy! I will eat a plate of salad first and just pick at a plate of small portions of "bad" stuff. If I don't ABSOLUTELY LOVE the items I chose, I will just throw them out. What a concept. If I were still on WW, I would be nervous about points consumed, but now I will just use my head. Usually, there are only a couple of things that I really like eating, anyway. The rest is just there for volume.

Last edited by cheetara; 05-05-2008 at 06:23 PM.
cheetara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Gah, someone kick me in the tail and tell me to get back on plan!

I'm just starving this week and want to eat everything in sight.

Last edited by Darkblue; 05-06-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #9  
Noob

S/C/G: 231.8/224.6/130

Height: 5ft 3inches

Wink

Hello All! I'm new here and today was the first day of my "plan".

My name is Stephanie and I have exactly 101 lbs to lose. I am following an at home weight watchers flex plan. Well following I guess is the operative word. I am journaling everything I eat as well as all water and exercise and will be following the points program.

I started this rather spontaneously after realizing yesterday that if I don't do something soon, my weight is going to seriously start effecting my health. Today I realized that I hadn't prepared myself properly. I ran late this morning before work and didn't allow myself enough time to pack a proper breakfast or allow myself time to stop on my way to work. In the mad rush, I also left my points calculator etc at home, so I was flying blind. This leaves the choice of eating nothing until lunchtime or getting coffee and danish and or vending machine food from the breakroom and destroying my points.

In the past i would have gotten very negative about this but rather than throw in the towel before first round, I looked at it as a calibration day. I had coffee and pop tarts for breakfast. Not the best choice but better than nothing and better than a giant bear claw. I logged it in my journal and got over it. I did pay attention at lunch and rather than my usual greasy fare at lunch, I opted for a wendy's side cesar salad and a baked potato and traded my pepsi for some cold spring water. Snack was a small soft pretzel and I drank a boat load of water. Once I got home and added all my points after dinner, I realized I had only strayed by about 7 points. Not too bad for flying blind.

Tonight, I have set my alarm for extra early. Tomorrow will be better

Night All

Stephanie
sweetpoppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:25 AM   #10  

Hi chickies! Yesterday I had good on plan day - I am grateful.

I need to take my car in for repairs today. So, I'll be working in my office. Tonight I have a board meeting - Mom said I can use her car if mine is not ready.

Stretches and movement
lots of water
journal food
meditation
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, peanut butter toast, watermelon
snack - carrots
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, green beans
snack - yogurt with all bran
dinner - veggie burger, lite cheese on a lite bun, zucchini/mushroom/onion medley
snack - cereal, milk, fruit, flax

Sweetpoppet - Welcome! There are lots of folks here that do WW. I am glad you didn't throw in the towel. I think the more you live with your plan...the more it will become second nature for you.

Darkblue - sorry you are struggling. Plan for a healthy day. Maybe journal your feelings...that often helps me when I am hungry all the time.

Cheetara - I am so glad you have a strategy for the buffet. You CAN do this!

Trazey - good plan! Making that pot of veggie soup is a great idea - it's a real 'go to' food.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-06-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

I felt an odd sensation in my tummy this morning....I think it's called "hunger?" I haven't felt early morning hunger in quite a while. Hubby and I went on our speed walk last night...50 minutes and 2 1/2 miles of hills. My legs were a bit achey when we finished. Tonight, we're going for 75 minutes and approximately 4 miles. I think that the scales just might smile on me again this week.

Stephanie - Sounds like you had a great on-plan day despite the rough start to your morning. I hope today is a bit easier for you. I've found that pre-planning makes it much more likely that I'll stay on-plan.
Darkblue - Could there be a valid reason that you're starving this week? Is your body trying to tell you that it needs more fuel or more of a certain type of fuel like protein? Or, maybe it's just hormones? I hope things get a bit easier for you.
Cheetara - Wow...Duran Duran. That name sure brings back some great memories! Sounds like you have a great plan for handling the buffet.

Hiya Beverly, MJ and Trazey. Purple, Scoobie, Ginger, Rakel.....how are you ladies doing? We miss you!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #12  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! How is everyone doing today? I got in another 2 mi walk slim dvd this am. Tonight it's right back to the gym for arms/shoulders and more cardio. I am starting to notice differences in the mirror and I like it!!!

Trazey--Welcome back! Mmm, veggie soup sounds really good.

cheetara--sounds like you have a great plan for the buffet. Have a great time at the concert!

Darkblue--You can do it!!!!

sweetpoppett--Welcome! Sounds like you did pretty good yesterday.

Beverlyjoy--Hope it's nothing major w/ your car. That reminds me, my car needs an oil change....

Rhonda--Awesome walk!!!!!

How is everyone else? Pop in and let us know, even if you are struggling--that's what we are here for!

So last night I ordered a dress for the events dh and I have this summer. We'll see.....I am not a huge 'dress' person, but dh is in a really fancy wedding and I am going to give one a try. If this one doesn't work out, I'll start shopping for something. The good news is, if this one does work out, I already have shoes and accessories to match!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 299/187.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Default I need to be held accountable

I NEED accountability!!! I figure if I can't be held accountable to myself, maybe I can to you guys. You're very inspirational to me, anyway, so I figure I'll post what I'm doinf and see if anyone has suggestions.

First, though, Cinco de Mayo did me in!! I'll probably be paying for that for seis through trente y uno de Mayo!! lol

I don't know what I've done beyond that, though. I got down to 189 on Saturday and today, here I am at 193 again. I know, it's just a number, but its a fairly depressing one at that.

I didn't excercise last week because of TOM and incredible cramps but have started again since Saturday. I am trying to count calories and eat properly... still trying to incorporate superfoods into every day.

Guess all I'm saying is I need a little support.... Thanks, guys, think you're awesome!
gabbnteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #14  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hey gang! i need some accountibility! gah! i havent checked in the the last two days =/ and let me tell you, its been binge central. i even feel gross this morning in the tummy. im sure some of you know the feeling . im so sad about it, but im taking a good step checkin in with you all, and my birthday is just around the bend! may 18 im going to make a mini goal of weighing 246 on that day! i bet i can do it with a little help!

plan: journal food, kungfu, stay motivated!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:41 AM   #15  

Hi accountability friends....well - I got on the scale today and I've lost 2 pounds since last week and I've made it to Onederland!!! - 199 pounds. I am so, so grateful! Thanks to you all for your support.

Today - I must carry on - so that I can move away from 200. I don't think I can breath until I am not so close to 200.

Today I have a business lunch. Need to do office work too.

meditation
lots of water
log food
stretches and movement
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pbn, 1/2 banana
lunch - refried beans, rice, grilled veggies
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - HC lasagna, green bean salad
snack - cereal, milk, fruit.

Have a GREAT day!!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-07-2008 at 05:43 AM.