Old 05-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #1  

Question Quitting the program

I am quitting the program and have 21 unused weeks and 22 boxes of bars on my account that I have not used. I am not following the program so it makes more sense to quit. Can I expect a refund on the unused weeks what about the bars? Will I have to pick all 22 boxes up from them, or get a refund on those as well?
babygotbackfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/249/150

Height: 5'10"

You still have LA weight loss? All the ones around me closed - bankruptcy I think.

I don't know if they will give you your money back for the unused boxes and weeks. The one time I did their program, and then had to quit b/c I moved to a place where they didn't have any locations, they just told me that I would have a credit for when I came back (I was going away for college). But I am not sure what they will do in your situation.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help =(

-Jennifer
Matthey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #3  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

I didnt know LAWL was still around>>>
Why are you quitting and giving up??? You Should keep plugging away. Persistance and determination pay off,, I know i use to be one that would never EVER stick on a plan.. I am doing it now and it works! It takes work to get it off and i am now learning that.. WHy are you not sticking to the plan?? Maybe we can help you here on the board, Tell us what is going on and we can tell you what we think!!

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/165/120

Height: 5'6

Oh my please don't give up on the plan ! Its not ever easy to lose weight but having all the friends and support on here is so helpful and they have so many ideas that can help you with any issues you may be having. If you keep trudging through the muck in your body and don't quit you will feel awesome the closer you get to your goal.
If you really feel you have to give up read your contract. Mine states that if I don't get the results or feel the program isn't working for me that I can get the money refunded for my unused weeks and products . But since my center closed it is no longer possible for me without going through all the legal hoops (which I am doing).
Think about reconsidering we are all in this with you and combined we have shoulders big enough for you to lean on with all your concerns. TEAM WORK !!
LoisKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Is the staff at your center helpful? My sister in law is in the same predicament, she joined because she saw my successes and wanted the same. But since joining she has not followed the program and has just become frustrated with her weigh ins. I tell her this - you need to get your money's worth out of the program, if the counselors are not helping you, you need to ask them questions. And most of all, you need to be honest with them and yourself - they know best how to tailor the plan to you, it's not just about what's printed in the books and on the materials that they give you. Make it work for you!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #6  

Exclamation

When I joined weight watchers and missed even one week I would get a postcard and sometimes even a call. I missed one whole MONTH of LAWL and nothing. There is no support what-so-ever and now I see that all it is about at my center too is the money. They went from all smiles and "how are you" when I walked in the door to frowns and "unsureness about the whole quitting process" when i asked for a refund. They didn't even care to ask why I was quitting or try to convince me not to. The only thing they could tell me was that they were not sure if I could have any of my money back for my unused weeks or bars. All I know is that they only let ppl take 2 boxes of bars per week and if I can't get a refund on those bars then I am asking for all 22 boxes right then and there and not leaving without them! I have got to sell them on ebay to pay off that stupid care credit they convinced me to open. The manager finally was in today when I called and said I would need to come in and talk with her between 1 and 3 tomorrow. All I know is that one reason I am quitting is the drive. It's 45 mins from my house and the way gas is I better know something tomorrow! Yes, I take responsibility for not following the plan, but its hard to go see ppl who really don't give a crap and just want your money at each weigh in. I only posted this to see if anyone else had quit and gotten a refund. Not for encouragement to stick with this expensive and limited program, because that is not gonna happen.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Good luck girl! I haven't heard great things about LAWL. I do WW, and you're right, they do try to check up on you. I like how WW doesn't yell at you when you slip up and eat a whole pizza....not like I've ever done that....
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I don't think they give refunds after you pay. You can put your account on hold, and they will give you the bars that you have bought, IF they have enough there to cover it (sometimes they are short and will only give each person so much).

Some centers check up on people who stop going. Others don't do that so much.

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. They can be pushy about things and a bit unscrupulous at times. The actual eating plan is excellent and the counselors at my COD were helpful and supportive (except for a few sales pitch witches). Weight loss is never easy, and no company has a magic formula to make you lose without making changes to your habits. I had an overall very good experience with LAWL and it has been very helpful to me. Any plan that you can stick to for a long time is good though, so keep going until you find what works for you.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #9  

Smile

Barbara I agree with you
Sorry to hear of your plyt(sp) sorry Baby. I am in Oregon and so far I hav not herd of any closers. The program seems to be working for me tho
roma
gramabear45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #10  
n41

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey

I am in the same boat as you. The women at my center are really not that supportive and I swear there is a new counselor every month. Just as I start to get comfortable with someone, they quit. I too am with LAWL ( in San Diego) and I know they won't refund your money.

As for the bars, sell them on ebay. I buy all my bars there and I see people bidding on bars more than what they cost!

I am definitely to blame for my lack of discipline, but for I get more questions answered here, than at the center that cost me $$$$$

Good luck!

Last edited by n41; 05-06-2008 at 01:40 PM.
n41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #11  
Success Leads to Success

S/C/G: 161.8/161.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I too am a former WW member and agree that the support was better with them. The best of luck getting anything from LAWL though ... from what I can see they are all take and no give...
I hope you find a plan that works for YOU!!!!
chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and input. I went in today and talked with the manager which was a wasted trip. I drove all the way over there just for her to tell me that she would have to call corporate tomorrow and then call me back. She told me she had no idea if they would give me any money back from my unused weeks and as far as the bars she was pretty certain they would not on those. So I thought I would go ahead and pick some up, but they were completely out. While she was talking with me a few clients came in to pick up bars and were upset that none had came in yet. So I am curious as to how long they have been out of those. She said that UPS should be coming tomorrow with them, so I'm hoping to get them then. And yes, I will be selling all 22 boxes on ebay, I just hope I can get enough out of them to pay off my care credit ( $450 ). Good luck to everyone!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/162/133

Height: 5'6

Default Beginning of the end....go get your bars.

I hate to be a Henny Penny, but that is how the "beginning of the end" began at my center. First the phone calls stopped (the counselers had found out they were soon to br out of a job) and then they were ALWAYS out of stock. I never received my final 10 boxes...a girl who works with me managed to get the bars she was owed but she had to take what they had and ended up with flavors she really did not care for...so far no refunds for anyone either. The bad part is that it truly was the only thing that worked for me. I lost 68 pounds, some slowly crept back on and I went back. I was so happy to be back on track and then boom...they were gone. Please don't quit the program, it really does work. I would have continued and did mainentance forever, apparently I need the guidence or whatever. But again it worked and you can do it, but I would still try ot get whatever they owe you. You can always find someone to buy the bars.
boogie knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Wow, sorry to hear all your troubles! I love my LAWL centre, they are caring and supportive and they do call when i miss too much. Don't quit - you will regret it...you've paid for the weeks, just finish it out as best as possible - that's all you can really do.
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote