Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat friday may 5th

Morning all...off to work i go. Welcome to all the newbies. Hope everyone is well....
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!!! HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!

Welcome, Jessica!!

Patricia, sounds like you had a great time...I need to get me garden planted this week.

Last night we went to MIL's to celebrate Frankie's birthday. Today I have to clean, do laundry, and decorate some Spongebob cookies for him to take to school on Wed (his actual birthday), so I have a pretty busy day. Also have to run to target to get some new headphones for the Ipod, and get some ground turkey for tacos tonight. thought I had some in the freezer!!

Okay, better get moving...hope everyone has a super duper day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default Happy Monday!!!

Helloooo Chickadees

Jessica & Stitch , this is a great place to be

Lauren I didn't have time to log in this weekend I had 45 miles last week, If you like I can try to give them to you next weekend. Martini's huh? Never had one. But I have to believe that anything chocolate would have to be good.

Crazy week for me this week, I'm not looking forward to it at all. The woodpecker is driving me insane. Last year we had this woodpecker that would come and drill on the guttering right next to our bedroom window at the Butt Crack Of Dawn!!! Around midsummer he became a faded memory, now HE'S BACK! This morning I decided I was sleeping in til 7, I haven't slept much lately and have felt exhausted, so I figured why not..... Woody had different plans. At 5 this morning there he was pecking, I pounded on the wall and he left, 25 min later, he was back, and around and around we went. It would be funny if it wasn't me it was happening to. I can't kill it because Mr. Woody Woodpecker is protected under Indiana law. And they say our legal system isn't skewed.

Anyway, I gotta go hope everyone has a great Monday.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #4  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone. WOW, busy weekend! Glad to be back here.....

I didn't totally overdo this weekend, but there was an "eatin' meatin'" after church yesterday (we visited my Grand-FIL's baptist church...you know how southern baptists like to eat.......). There was pretty much anything you wanted to eat there....I had a small piece (not a whole one) of a chicken breast in gravy, half of a BBQ chicken breast, lima beans, purple hull peas (small helpings of each vege) and a small piece of carrot cake....then part of some kinda little chocolate covered cake puff thingy...my dd didn't eat all of hers and she hands it to me....before I knew it, I'd popped it into my mouth. Some habits are hard to break. We boiled shrimp, corn on the cob and potatoes last night for supper. Not too bad, I don't think. I'm not feeling like I overate yesterday....maybe went a little over target.....maybe a little.

Anyway, WELCOME Jessica! Glad you found us!! If you were looking for motivation, you've come to the right place!

Hope everyone else is doing GREAT! Have an awesome Monday everyone! I'll BBL!!

Diana
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin everyone!

Gg, did you have 2 weekends off in a row? Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Pam, your kids are lucky, they get like a whole birthday week! I'm lucky to manage one party, let alone 2 or 3.

Trish, at my old house I had birds who had made there home on the outside of my bedroom and we also had a Mr Woody. So I know how that is. They are always up at the crack of dawn too.

Everyone must of been super busy this weekend, oh and welcome to the newbies!

My FIL and his girlfriend just left this am. My house is now a disaster zone. They brought two of their dogs, none of the dogs liked my two babies(my pups). There were 5 dogs altogether I have piles and piles of laundry. I don't think I knew exactly how much I did have. Soccer is officially over as of Sat and I am soooo happy about that. There is only one more month of school here, the kids get out either the 3rd or 4th of June!

Okay, I better stop babbaling on and on. My eating has been crap and I haven't exercised since last week sometime. Starting over again today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Does anyone have any cinco de mayo plans? We really don't ever celebrate, but the more I think about it, the more a mexican food dinner sounds better and better! Its a challenge tho figuring out how to make it healthier!
Trish: my mother had a woodpecker wreaking havoc outside her bedroom window a year or so ago. Caused quite a bit of damage! I am not sure how she got the woodpecker to go away but I remember her having to call a handyman out to repair the damage.
I hope everyone has a good day! Things have been so busy here lately and I can't seem to get caught up, so today is my day to really put forth the effort to get as much done as possible!
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi girls... Sounds like it was a good weekend for all.

GG ~ giggle, giggle... "friday" chat? Wishful thinking?.

It was a busy weekend on this end and we were barely home. We went to a wedding on Saturday and then to a bbq yesterday. I didn't overeat but I could have made better choices. I don't feel bad about it though as these were special occassions and I exercised both days before heading out. Lauren, I've been exercising just didn't have time to post over the weekend. DH is on vacation this week and today will be spent working out in the yard (yeah!). I bought a bunch of flowers last week and have gotten most of them already in the ground. The exercise that I've been doing is making a huge difference in my activity level. Feels so good to have more energy these days.

Talk to everyone soon ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheywood4 View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Does anyone have any cinco de mayo plans? We really don't ever celebrate, but the more I think about it, the more a mexican food dinner sounds better and better! Its a challenge tho figuring out how to make it healthier!
Steph
Good afternoon! Our weekend was okay. Friday night & Saturday were kind of stressful. First dh & I had some stress over our differing approaches to weightloss. He's trying to mostly fast, and exercise, for now. I'm worried about him doing it. I've been getting food to have it available in case he changes his mind, but I crossed the line Friday when I got him a small anchovy & onion pizza. Pizza wasn't the best choice, period, but I had mushrooms & onions on mine...so could have been worse. I've been worried about his blood sugar, but he told me not to worry about it. Thing is, he has a stupid way of teasing sometimes where he says no he doesn't want something, then asks where his is...poop. So I got the pizza and he got bent out of shape. Truth is, he's 34, not 4. He's done his own research (which we've talked about since our conflict) and I'm not going to bug him about it anymore. By disregarding his requests, I've been kind of putting him down (not intentionally). So, enough of that. It'll be a "don't offer, don't refuse" thing regarding food. It'll be here if he wants it, but I'm not going to go out of my way now, kwim?

ANYWAY!! Then late in the morning/early afternoon Saturday, we had yet another problem with the woman who lives downstairs under the back half of our apartment. That just put a damper on most of the day for me, so we didn't end up going out to do anything until evening.

But Sunday was decent. Dh had to be in Philadelphia for something, but the kids & I got to church, coffee hour, then did some getting around.

As for Cinco de Mayo... We've never celebrated it, either. But it seems like there'd be some good healthy options with Mexican food, so I might try to find some recipes. We'll see!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Just a pop in to say I'm cooking spaghetti for supper tonight...and it smells SOOOOO good right now!! I'm having difficulty staying away from the pot (haven't sampled....am trying not to....if I do, I won't want it for supper). I'm not hungry, just wanting to sample.

JET, men can be such a pain in the butt!! DH and I had a little spat Thursday....I had a bad experience at Rite Aid, they were terribly disrespectful to me. I felt like he should call and tell them how he felt about them disrespecting me (he was mad about it), but he wouldn't do it. Said I'd handled it well enough. Made me mad....I'm his wife, afterall! And it was a BIG blowup with Rite Aid!! Sometimes, men just don't make sense.

Alicia, as long as you start over and don't just keep spiraling.....although, I like to call it picking up where I left off.....starting over discourages me! Guess I"m kinda weird that way. Hope you have a completely on plan day!! I couldn't handle my FIL for a whole weekend, I don't think. I love him to death, but like I tell DH, "I just don't get your dad!!" I guess we're all different.

Well, I'm off again. More laundry calling my name.........
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #10  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon to all.......

It was a very busy and hectic weekend. My youngest daughter had softball in the morning on Saturday. Then the oldest had volleyball that afternoon. Then my nephew and niece stayed the night. My husband was out of town. So we were on the go. When he goes out of town me and the girls go shopping.

I did not make it to the gym this weekend and I did not stick to the diet. I have gained back 5.5 pounds. I am going to try to hit it hard from this point on. No more excuses. My husband wants to lose weight as well. But he refuses to go to the gym with me. And he always says I will start on Monday. I can't rely on him to lose weight. I have to get in a routine to work out before work. It is to hard after work with softball and volleyball going on.

Well have a good one.....
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

man i must have been sleepy this morning. Oh well...lol at me. Hey to everyone. lois-yep i had 2 wkends off...can't believe it. but oh well..i'll be working a lot. have tomorrow off and then have a 7 day stretch.

Work was insane...didn't get home until 9. It sucked...oh well..

hey to everyone else..i'm off to sleep.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote