Old 05-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Talking May NSV

I thought I would start this up, we haven’t had a tread like this in a while. Here is a place where you can post any NSV you have. What is an NSV, it is a Non Scale Victory, everything that is positively related to your weight loss that doesn’t show up on the scale.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

My first May NSV I put on a pair of shorts that I bought at the end of last summer because it was warm and they were partically falling off of me. I was suprised because I hadn't lost that much this year.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #3  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

NSV: Does finding a great recipe count? I love love love to cook, but my family isn't always so excited about trying out my Weight Watchers recipes (although they're usually really yummy!) I made Snickers Pie tonight (1 pint Vanilla FF frozen yogurt, 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, 1 box chocolate SF FF instant pudding mix, and 1/2 cup light Cool Whip--mix, freeze, take out to thaw a little, cut into 6 pieces---3 points a serving.. DELICIOUS) I was so excited to find a recipe that my family and my boyfriend loved, and I did too!

Also, I wore shorts and felt completely confident about myself! (except my definite lack of color, haha!)
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #4  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Let's see: today I worked out for 45 minutes, and I usually automatically stop at 30 because that is the time recommended for weight loss...but I went 45..go me!

haha...and yes I think a great recipe should totally count!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:51 AM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I used to latin dance, and years ago I went dancing with bunch of my friends to a latin dance club. They played a "free-style" reggae music and we were all dancing. Well, I got "low" but my weak legs didn't want to listen to my brain and I couldn't get back up. Oh, how embarrassing!!! That was before I even had my daughter.
Anyways, I went out for my friend's b-day on Saturday night..and was dancing. "Apple bottom jeans" came on and of course all the girls started going "low".. I remembered that time at the latin club and wasn't even going to try, but figured, oh well, let me try..and I went and came up with no problem...and it wasn't just once, either! I know I've been doing lots of lunges and other leg workouts, but didn't think my legs are now that "strong". On top of that, I got to work them out while dancing, too!

Also, on Friday, I put on this one pair of jeans that I couldn't button up and I was able to button it up. It's still quite tight but even being able to button it up sure made me feel good. =)

So... would that count as NSV? =)

Last edited by taragettingthin; 05-05-2008 at 03:54 AM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
it is a Non Scale Victory, everything that is positively related to your weight loss that doesn’t show up on the scale.
I really like this thread. Sometimes looking at the scale gets me depressed, but NSV's would surely motivate me and keeps me going! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybaby View Post
Let's see: today I worked out for 45 minutes, and I usually automatically stop at 30 because that is the time recommended for weight loss...but I went 45..go me!
Yay! Go vdaybaby! Good for you!! I know that feeling! I remember when I first started doing my TransFirmation dvd, I wasn't able to do all the lunges and stuff..but now, after 1 month of doing it 5 day/week, I am able to finish it all! =)

Last edited by taragettingthin; 05-05-2008 at 03:56 AM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

nsv size 12 clothes fitting very easily....
seeing handles shrink....
fitting into clothes i cudnt wear tthis time last year....
being confident enuf in myself 4 the guy i like to show interest in me!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #8  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Congrats Girls! I am very proud of you all!
1. My jeans fit from last summer again!
2. My MIL told me that I am losing weight and she can see it in my face.
3. My sister has decided she is starting her weight loss journey - and wanted me to cheer her on (from 1,000 miles away) - I am so proud of her, this is the best NSV we can get.
4. Got my man to do a small workout on Friday night!
5. My thighs and fat on my hips - I CAN SEE IT GOING DOWN!
6. My face is starting to actually look thinner!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #9  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I was going through my box of clothes that are too small to fit, and I realized that just about everything in the pile, including some stuff from high school, actually fit!! Which is good, although I now have a quickly growing pile of clothes that are too loose and baggy to wear! I have some good bras that are in that pile too, so sad! Still, its a good excuse to go shopping soon
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

It's only the fifth of May, but I've already got a couple of NSVs to share.

Yesterday at church one of lovely older gentlemen turned to me and said, "you've lost a lot a weight, haven't you." That may not sounds like much, but this particular gentleman isn't extremly observant, so his noticing was a fabulous boost.

Saturday I pulled out an old pair of pants that I had loved last year. I had felt so gorgeous in those pants, and I was devastated when they no longer fit. Well I got them out and tried them on and THEY WERE WAY TOO BIG!!!! I mean, they were literally hanging off of me, and looked positively ridiculous! That was so totally awesome!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Congrats to everyone's NSV's! It's fun to read about the excitement of not having clothes fit you anymore - in a good way! I need to find myself some NSVs this week so I can post on here too and stay motivated.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #12  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

i have nothing this month thus far.

good going to all of you.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

On Monday I had to chase my ever-in-shape bosses up two flight of stairs as we were running late setting up for a trade show and couldn't find the elevators. So carrying a box of coffee mugs and brochures and wearing 2-inch heels, up I went. And when I got to the top - I realized I could still carry on the conversation we were having without gasping for air at all!
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #14  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

awesome NSVs everyone!!

so far my two best friends and a guy at work have all asked if ive lost weight...

i can now do the side plank exercises in my pilates workout i couldnt do them before, and i can also do ALL of the leg exercises when i could not 2 weeks ago!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #15  

Ahh I love NSVs.

I finished my finals today (hooray!) but I managed to catch a virus earlier in the week and have a deathly cold (boooo).

NSV= I pushed through it and just did 30 minutes on the stationary bike that I bought myself with my tax refund. Woo! I might hack up a lung, but the coughing is actually a lot better than it was yesterday, haha.

Also, I totally got my mom into the stationary bike and she did 10 mins yesterday!! I'm so glad she's starting to work out.

Anyways yes. On... to... the medicine cabinet!! LOL
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote