General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 12:27 PM   #1  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Smile Slim Fast is Working for me.

I am new to the 3FC website. But I was reading some of the threads posted and I wanted to say I was weighing 225 when I started on Slim Fast. I am currently down to 208. The first few months was without abiding by the suggested plan. I was just enjoying the shakes. But recently I started sticking to it like my best friend. I am also lactose intolerant (I didn't even know that I was, I guess the body changes when you least expect it)so I have been enjoying the soy based drinks. And now I am HOOKED...I crave the shakes when I am thirsty or just want something sweet.
I just know that it is discouraging when you aren't seeing any pounds come off quickly. Everybody wants it instantly but I say we didn't gain this weight instantly and therefore it won't come off instantly. Worse yet...it is harder to come off than it was to get on. I believe we have it within ourselves to do it. You just have to believe in yourself.
Old 06-15-2002, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I've had a coffee slim fast carton in my house for 3 weeks and have not gotten courage up to try it, ain't that crazy???? Never did the shake thing before, afraid I'll miss eating too much. Also, does it upset the bathroom thing??
Old 06-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #3  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Coffee flavor?

Hi HereICome. I can't say that I have tried the coffee flavored slim fast. I buy the ready made in the can Orange Pineapple flavor. Only because I have a sweet tooth. Also the one that I buy is made with the soy protein instead of the milk so I think that is what helps with the bathroom thing . I think as we grow our bodies change and we can't handle the milk as well as we did when we were youngin's. But no I don't have any problems with the bathroom. I drink alot of water and that is when I am running to the bathroom. But we should all drink as much water as we can get in especially while we are trying to lose weight.

Tip: Once you open the coffee flavored drink you have in your fridge...give yourself a pep talk. Tell yourself it's good for me, I am going to like it, and I will loose this weight once and for all. I was really scared to drink the shakes at first. Like you said I didn't think I would like it, and I really didn't think that a measley shake would satisfy my hunger. And the truth of it was I wasn't crazy about the taste so I would put it in a nice glass with lots of ice and it didn't satisfy all my hunger but I was prepared with healthy snacks...bananas are best because they are heavy. Just don't eat too many of them. But now I have to say I am hooked and crave my shake just satisfy my thirst and my sweet tooth.

Give it a try! Good luck.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:04 PM   #4  
Teacher chick

I am incorporating slimfast into my WW points. I have just started the slimfast this weekend. ARE these bars filling? I'm having a hard time sticking to my points and thought I'd add slimfast. Any starting words of wisdom? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:46 PM   #5  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Slim Fast bars

Hi Judygal. About the bars. I have to say yes. I had tried one called Brownie something or another some time back and believe it or not I was quite satisfied. I was truly surprised by that because I was a very heavy eater and yet this small chocolate bar was keeping my appetite in control. My only suggestion is when you just start you should always carry some healthy snacks with you in case you get a little hungry in between meals. Because I think alot of the SF plan has to do with allowing your stomach to readjust to the new small amounts of food you are taking in as opposed the times in the past. I stopped eating the bars because I am truly hooked on the orange pineapple shakes.
Always get some kind of exercise into your daily routine. I have a box in my cupboard of those bars. I might start up again. Thanks for reminding me.

You are going to do wonderful.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:15 AM   #6  
Teacher chick

Kina, thanks for your reply. You are right about the exercise... my biggest downfall! I look forward to what others say about this topic, now that I've started using SF.
Old 06-17-2002, 02:50 PM   #7  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Never feel guilty

I would like to add that we should never feel guilty for eating. We should turn it around and find something that you can pat yourself on the back for. For instance I love McDonalds and even so I haven't gone as often as I used to which would be a pat on the back. Also when I order I don't get the biggie size, I don't finish the fries, or I don't get refills on the soda pop. Any of those would be a pat on my back. I believe we can still enjoy real food but with moderation being the key to success.

Believe that you can achieve.

Kinarina
Old 06-19-2002, 01:37 PM   #8  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Question

Well I haven't seen too much action here.

Hereicome: Have you built up the courage to try the coffee flavored slim fast sitting in your icebox?

Judygal: How are those slim fast bars going? Have you found a favorite? Let me know I am curious.

Well I hope all are doing well. I have joined a walking challenge under the exercise thread if anybody is interested please join us. We just started on Monday but you can still get in. Also the weight challenge will begin on the 20th of June under the thread weight challenge or pm Gennel.

Good Luck. I hope to hear from you again.
Kinarina
Old 06-19-2002, 09:31 PM   #9  

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone here on the SF thread. I use slimfast on and off throughout the year. I only drink the chocolate royal, I put it in the freezer until it just begins to freeze and it is just like a chocolate milkshake. I also eat the bars, there is one like a peanut butter crunch that is very satisfying. I use SF for a few months, then stop and just try to eat healthy, which I am not very good at, then start the SF again. I have no bathroom problems with SF like some people say they do, we are all different aren't we. Over the past year I have lost 30lbs, like you said Kina, we didn't put it on instantly so it can't come off instantly. I know if I focus harder, it will come off faster but it is so hard to get back into a healthy routine of exercise and eating right when you go off it. I used to be so disciplined and I was miserable if I didn't exercise, and now it takes all I have to get on the treadmill. I keep waiting for it to "click" again, and hoping it does. It helps to see all the inspiration here, I am glad there are motivated people out there to help light a fire under people like me. Take care all.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:29 PM   #10  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Welcome Sonny. It's wonderful to have you here.
Way to go on making the change. Slim Fast is a nutritional way to boost your weight loss. There may be some that oppose the thought of having a unnatural way of losing weight but don't let that discourage you. We were made all different for a reason.

Remember you must get your exercise into your life to encourage more weight loss. Under the Exercise thread walking goal/challenge we have a walking challenge that just started on Monday. I welcome you to join us. You can still join us it's not too late. Walking is a great way to lose some extra weight. I myself, with the help of Slim Fast, have lost about 5 lbs in just a matter of a week and a half but of course with adding exercise to my daily life. I still have the unsensible meals. But I am happy that I don't have to deprive myself of everything I love and yet lose weight.

You can do it. Come over to the Exercise thread and join us in the challenge. Get in touch with Jacksonmom. She is the one that is keeping up with our goals. Here's to Slimmer YOU.

Bye. Kinarina
Old 06-26-2002, 02:01 PM   #11  

Default carmel crunch bar!

Hey! I've been doing slimfast this week. Trying to gain some control over my eating. Anyway I found this crisp peanut carmel crunch bar (I think that is the name) by Equate (walmart brand) I only saw it in the indiviual bars by the pharmacy. It was so GOOD! It was relatively filling. I definetly will buy those again.

Last edited by jacksonmom; 06-26-2002 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:35 PM   #12  

Hello,
To whomever is there.
I have been doing slimfast off and on for like a year now, I have not lost any weight, nor have I gained any, it does keep me satisfied, my favorite is also the chocalate royal.
I am already a member of 10lbs at a time, but would like to join in with this group also since I do the SF and I would like some info on that walking/excercise goal

Slim
Old 06-26-2002, 11:46 PM   #13  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi, Jacksonmom. I have seen the Equate brand at WalMart. I have never tried it myself. I don't usually eat teh candy bars of Slim Fast. Although I have tried them. I stick to my Orange Pineapple slim fast in a can. It is lactose free which works great for my system.

Hi, Slim4u. Are you exercising along with doing the slim fast? In the beginning I was only drinking the shakes and then I was motivated to do exercise along with it. So I have lost some not alot. I am kind of stuck right now but I think it is a good stuck. I am hoping the scale is not moving because I am gaining muscle. That is what everyone says so it sounds good to me. Remember the shake alone without exercise won't get you too far.

Good Luck.
Kinarina
Old 06-27-2002, 08:50 AM   #14  

Good Morning,

Kiana, Yes I am exercising along with the shakes and drinking plenty of water.

Jacksonmom-The Equate drinks are also good, I like the vanilla in those

Have a great day

Slim
Old 06-28-2002, 08:12 AM   #15  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Slim4u join us on the walking/goals challenge. Let me see I think it is under Exercise category then look for a thread with Jacksonmom that says walking/goals challenge and just post. We started the month on the June 20 but that is only a week that has passed. That is okay because whatever you think you could do in a month just take some of it off and that will work. Come on over we have great support. Then there is the one where we set a weight goal we would like to lose in a month and work hard at it. I am not sure where that is under...oh...under support and look for the one that says 4 week challenge (support?...always!) the thread is under Gennel. That is a great one to get into because everybody that is active in there seems to really get those pounds off. I hope to bump into you over there. Bye.
Closed Thread