Old 05-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #1  
trying hard!!!

S/C/G: 180/173/130.. trying hard!!

Height: 5'0

Unhappy So upset!!!

OK so I posted a few days ago about my friend getting married in a month and a half. So yeah we went to David's Bridal yesterday to try on dresses. My normal size is like a 12/14. I have to buy a 18 because of the top. I think that I could crawl in a hole and just cry. To beat it all my friend has always been bigger than me and her wedding dress is a 16. I feel so ashamed. Help girls!!!
noahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Ah Noahsmommy don't be so hard on yourself You said up there that you're normally a 12/14.... it really does depend what item of clothing/what shop etc as to what size and I'm finding they're not really all that comparable at times.
Try and forget about the number on the label! Just think how hot you'll look with a well fitting dress and how good you'll feel
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Is the wedding in June or July ?Your previous post said July.That would give you 12 weeks to lose some weight . I think you could lose 15 pounds in 12 weeks.. if it is in June you might be able to lose 10 pounds.Don't stress about it. you are going to look great , no matter what.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

I know it is hard not to be upset about this, but I am can tell you from experience, that bridal designers (bridesmaids too) sizes are squed. When I got married for the first time years ago, I was a size 7 and had to by a size 14 and there was very little altering to do. If my Levi's are a 7, then by God I am a 7. Now I am a size 14 and depending on which designer, I can be a 16 or 12. Just focus on losing more weight for the wedding and dont focus on the dress size.
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Formal dresses almost ALWAYS run smaller than regular sizes (this is especially true at David's Bridal), so you'll always need a bigger size dress from there than you would need for pants or shirts or more casual dresses. I don't understand it, but that's the way it is. I was wearing a size 22 pants very comfortably when my sistr's wedding came around, but I had to wear all kinds of painful fat-squishing undergarments to squish myself into a size 24 dress from David's, and even then it was still tight.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

Don't worry! You're normally a size 12 / 14, maybe their dresses run a bit small there. I've had that happen to me, where I'm at size 7 at 99% of stores, then I go into another store and have to get a size 9 because their clothing runs small. I assume the wedding would be late June or early July, that gives you quite a bit of time to drop at least 10 more lbs, if not more. Remember, it's not the size or the weight, it's how you carry it and I'm positive you'll look beautiful no matter.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Nothing To Be Ashamed Of At All. A Funny Thing Is I Went Through Something Similar My Best Friend Growing Up Was Always Bigger Then Me , And Now Shes Kicking My @$$ At Weight Loss I Saw Her Not To Long Ago I Was So Ashamed I Let Myself Lose. . . Grr. But I Look Back And Its Just Fuel For My Fire. No Worries In No Time The Balance Will Be Reset Lets Get Them.
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh, yeah. Dresses at David's Bridal are ALWAYS small! A few years ago (quite a few pounds ago, too) I was in a friend's wedding and got my dress at David's. At the time I was a size 4-6 dress. I had to get a 10! Just two months ago I went to try on bridesmaid dresses for another friend, again at David's. I fit into an 8 in on dress and 14 in another. I'm about a 12 dress right now. The ranges there are really crazy, so don't beat yourself up about it.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote