Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues: Marvelous MAY-hem

to theMAY edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. Spring is here and the sun is shining .... at least where I live . Now we find ourselves 5 months into the year. Do you need to get your motivation back? or are you on a fantastic downward curve? Let's lose those extra pounds and get back into our skinny jeans, or maybe into a fabulous new wedding gown??? Maybe things aren't so easy, but we have each other to lean on, so let's get going and lose the fat.

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say , need a friend or just a shoulder to cry on , just jump right in and stay awhile . We'll be glad to have ya.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

haha! I am now under my freakin' driver's license weight! And to think that I fudged that number by 20 lbs So it goes like this: I gain last week, but lose 4.6 this week--I'll take a minor gain to have a major loss like that any day. Geez louise, stress must be a HUGE calorie burner for me. Not that I like stress, but I have it anyway.

How's everyone else doing? Have a ROCKIN' weekend!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hey Noelle!! It's got to be a good feeling to be below your drivers license weight!! I can hardly wait! I weighed in yesterday and I lost another pound so I was pretty happy with that! I've got to get back into my walking!!!! I did do the Gazelle for 30 minutes last night and I'm going to do that again tonight. Tomorrow I'll get back on the treadmill if it is still to darn cold and windy to walk outside. I'm really hoping to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of June---we are having a family reunion back in Enid, Oklahoma and I would just love to have lost a total of 50 pounds by then! I've lost 30 so far.

Well, I hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll catch everyone later.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone~

Noelle.. first of all.. you ROCK!!! The license weight thing is sooooo freakin' cool! One of these days... I might do that!

Karen... I am sure you can lose the 20 pounds.... just keep working!

Well.. sorry I've been MIA. Last week was long and hectic. It started out the last weekend in April... when I had to really start studying for my PHR exam. I am so sick of reading, and re reading, and studying ... that is all I did last week. That is all I did that weekend, and every single night until Thursday. Friday, I had my 4 hour PHR test, and I finished it in under two hours... and I PASSED!!!!! So I am now a Professional in Human Resources... I am SO thankful that is over, and that I passed.

Right after I got finished with that... I got a call from a teacher at Hannah's school.. it was actually Megan's teacher that called me. I've been having such a problem with Hannah and Megan with them not listening to me, not cleaning their room etc... They had a book fair this past week and they both wanted money to buy something. Well, since they never got their rooms cleaned, I didn't give them money. Well.. after I had my PHR test.. I got a call that Hannah had been caught stealing from the book fair. :-( I've had a REALLY tough weekend trying to deal with that... but she doesn't seem to realize how bad of trouble she is in.. and I STILL can't get that room clean.. so this afternoon, I am going in and first take all the electronics.... and then I may get a box and pick up everything that is left on the floor.. and just throw it away... and see if she finally gets it that I am upset and that I mean business. We will see.

Three weeks and 5 days til the wedding.. and I still haven't lost weight.

I want to EAT. That is all I want to do. This SUCKS.

Anway... I just wanted to check in really quick.. I haven't forgotten about everyone.. it was just a bad week!

I'll check in tomorrow!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #5  

TGIF everyone!!! It is Friday.. and I am about to get out of here and go to Eueuka Springs for the weekend. My girlfriend is taking me for my "bachelorette" party... it should be fun. I am going to try to get lots of walking in... and window shopping!

I have three weeks til the wedding.. all the flowers and leis were ordered this week. Just working on the final stuff right now.

I hope everyone is doing well... I'll talk to you all soon! Probably Monday! Have a great weekend!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #6  

Hello One and All,

Sorry I've been quiet lately, but the end of the school is coming upon us very quickly. I have been so busy. The kids are really testing the limits.

I just wanted to make sure to wish everyone a very Happy Mother's Day today.

Noelle: Ashley did very well on her Hawaii report. She also did a report on France; her teacher said it was done so well that she wants to go now.

Cherie: I can't believe your wedding is only 3 weeks away. The time has really flown. I can't wait to see pictures of you and your beautiful daughters.

Karen: I know you can get down to what you want by your family reunion. We're also having a family reunion the second week of June. It will be the first time I've seen my mom's brother in over 20 years. Some of my cousins I haven't seen in over 15 years, and many of them live right here in the Valley.

I have only 14 school days left. (It's actually 17, but the last 3 are half days and for 8th grade, no kids.)

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone!

Hey Cal! Its great to hear from you! Sounds like our countdowns are about the same.. end of school and wedding! Have I said that I am so ready for June??

This past weekend my friend Cathy took me to Eureka Springs, AR for a girls weekend. It was great. I had a lot of fun, and we even went on a ghost tour at the Crescent Hotel.. one of the most haunted hotels in the US. I didn't see any ghosts.. but it was cool to hear about the history and tour the hotel.

Today, I got Alan's wedding band in. It's so pretty. Titanium with Hawaiian Koa wood inlayed. I hope he loves it as much as I do!

I am in the countdown now.. T minus 44 hours til I get my braces off!!!! Wednesday is the big day!

I hope everyone had a great weekend... I'll check back later!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #8  

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a nice Mother's Day. We stayed home and just did nothing but be lazy! We did get out the calendar ---- we decided to leave here on May 31 and pretty much take the whole month of June to visit my Dad and family in MO. and then go on to PA. to visit Tim's Dad and family there. Then we will make it to the family reunion in Enid, Oklahoma the end of June before we come home. Sure would be nice to have someone make an offer on the house before we leave but if not maybe while we are gone!!

Cherie, How are you doing? Has any of the bad weather been hitting you? We watched the tornado coverage from Seneca, MO. over the last few days. Pretty scary!! Your date is coming up soon.. I'll bet you are getting excited about it. I will be looking forward to seeing pictures.

Cal, my goodness it seems like the school year has really gone fast this year. I can't believe that it is almost out for the year.

Noelle, I hope things are starting to feel a little more comfortable with your work now. I still like comparing your temp. to mine--- I prefer yours!! They are talking about maybe 4 inches of snow for us tomorrow!! Can you believe that? This morning we had hummingbirds so I hung out the feeder for them. Tonight I will have to bring it in so it won't freeze!

Well, have a good evening everyone. I'll check back later.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #9  

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been gone a week. My step brother, Skip, died last Monday. It was unexpected and I was gone all week going home for the funeral and stuff. One good thing did happen and I got my braces off..

Anyway.. 12 days til the wedding. I haven't lost any weight.. and my dress will still probably be too tight. :-(

Karen.. it looks like you are losing weight! 157!!! Woo Hoo.. that is fantastic! As for the snow... It's May.. I think you can have it!

Noelle... how are you doing?? How is the two jobs going? Getting any easier?

OK.. well, I am catching up today.. I have to run payroll on Thursday of this week.... so lots to do. I'll check back in later. I hope everyone had a great week, and a great Mother's Day....
Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #10  

After a major melt down on Tuesday when I tried on my dress, and couldn't get it zipped... I am doing much better now. I am on phase one of Southbeach, and I am working out .... I got my dress to someone that does alterations, and even though yesterday I could get it zipped.. I am still asking her to let it out as much as she can....

I go back on Tuesday to try it on, she will then work on the hem, because I am going to wear lower heels... and because she said it was uneven.. I couldn't tell that myself.

So.. 9 days and counting til the wedding. so much to do!

I'll Check back in tomorrow!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, I got myself back in here finally... I've been going through some really rough patches w/Rick lately and it's been really getting me down. We are working through some issues but I think this is the closest we have ever come to calling it quits. It's not what I want and I want to work through this but it seems as the years go by and we get older, we reach a certain impasse and want to say "f**k it" , I'm not changing for you. But for now, we are alright .

Cherie, I am still excited for you and your upcoming wedding. I have something I need to send to you and I want to get it out this weekend. At least you have a seamstress and new determination for the next 9 days--I know you can do it girl. Did you get your boxes OK and all dressed up?
I'm sorry to hear about your step-brother's passing

Karen, congrats on your pounds lost! I hope you have a wonderful vacation and family reunion. That sounds like fun. We will be having a family reunion of sorts in July for my parents' anniversary party as well.

Hi Cal. Michael only has 4.25 days of school left and then it's summer vacation! How about you?

Well,I should be getting back to my office. I have to reconcile the HUGE bank statement. Where's the Advil when you need it?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #12  

Hello Everyone,

I've been so busy. Ashley's last day of school was today. I've been working with my sister and neighbor to watch her for the next week because I'm still in school, and Alberto is working days and taking a class at night. It's getting really crazy.
My last day of school is June 4. Next week we have only 4 days; Tuesday is final exam, Wed is a field day, Thur is promotion practice, Friday ???? (Haven't planned that far yet). June 2-4 are half-days; June 2 is promotion practice, June 3 is promotion at 9am, June 4 is clean up. It is going so fast.

Cherie: I'm so excited for you and your wedding. I can't believe it is so close. The time has just flown.

Karen: You are such an inspiration for me. I haven't done well in the weight loss arena. Just stuck on a plateau for awhile.

Well, I have to finish the test I'm giving next week. I'll have to make copies tomorrow.
Have a great Friday.

Cal
Old 06-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #13  

A couple of days ago I came online, but found the site being worked on. I finally got the chance to get online again today, but found that the most recent posts were gone. I do remember Cherie sending a quick note from Hawaii announcing that she's married now, but it's not there anymore.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am out of school now (as of last Wednesday), and I have been just resting the past couple of days. I have some plans for next week (cleaning house, etc), but I'm in no hurry. We have 3 weeks before we go on vacation.

Hope there are some new posts soon.

Cal
Old 06-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #14  

Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say HI!! We are in PA. at Tim's Dads right now and will probably be here through the week before heading back to MO. to my Dads. We made it through the last 3 days of traveling without hitting any storms. WHEW!

It was HOT here today!! The thermometer read 97!! That is quite a change from the 60's and 70's that we have been used to!

The trip has been going pretty good so far. we did break a spring shackle on the 5th wheel (darn pot holes) and had to get that fixed on Thursday morning before we could continue on but the guy took us in right away and just about 3 hours later we were back on the road!

Well, I wanted to pop in and say Hello to everyone. I will try to get back on tomorrow. Take care!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #15  

Good Morning everyone! I am home.. and back at work.

I did post last Sunday... but as someone said earlier.. it's now gone. :-(

Hawaii was awesome.... Kauai was just gorgeous... it was a lot different than Oahu was last year.... I didn't want to come home.

The wedding went great.... I haven't seen any pictures yet... but once I do, I'll try to post some!

I hope everyone is doing well... I am sleepy, and trying to catch up here at work!

Noelle... thinking about you.. hope things are going better for you and Rick...