Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-01-2008, 04:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/-/170

Height: 5'8"

Default My fat is spilling over my pants...

Hi I'm Nadia... new here clearly.

I'm kind of a professional skier... all my life I've been ridiculously fit, been 5'8" since I hit 13, the weight never went over 155 of pure muscle til I had my first knee surgery, then it hit 165. 7 more knee surgeries later and I'm at 204. Highest ever being 211. I need to get back down to 170 or so, with the amount of muscle I have I feel 170 would be perfect. I have a problem with emotional compulsive overeating. I excersize a LOT but it doesnt matter when you stuff your face...

here are some shots. (nevermind I cant post photos yet.)

THIS ONE WAS THE WAKE UP CALL. I was second in a skiercross at tremblant and my face looks sooooooooooo fat. Huge cheeks.

I was 211 in those photos, Im down to 204 now... still a long was off where I need to be, but I just want to cry.

Right now none of my pants fit, Ive got cellulite in places there has never been. I've been skiing a lot, playing hockey and doing 30 of cardio every day... NONE of my pants fit. I can't even buy jeans big enough, they done come bigger than 32 here in canada. I feel disgusting.

I think I've been in denial. I can feel the fat under my chin as I sit here typing in bed. I used to run a lot, but i cant anymore with my knees, they're too damaged.

I know muscle weights a lot more than fat, but the fact that I've packed on over 60ibs in the last few years is unacceptable... and I'm sick of it. This is kind of a cry for help...

I seem to loose 10-12 ibs then gain it back, never making actual progress...
GoNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:27 AM   #2  

Oh, and ive also got polycystic ovarian syndrome, which makes it near impossible to lose weight, just gain..
Old 05-01-2008, 04:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/295/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC! This is a wonderful place to come when you need someone to talk to or get advice. I'm new here also and so far everyone has been amazing. Check out other forums while you're on here, I think there is one that is especially for people who had obstacles like your's so you can be sure to get all the support you need. Best of luck reaching all of your goals
xonlywishesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

So glad you found us,

Obviously we don't need to remind you to exercise, Chickie -- you are in fine shape on that front . . . but don't forget that most of the "experts" (whoever they are?) tell us that losing weight is about 80% in the eating.

I'm Diabetic so I know how insulin resistance can make weight loss difficult and most of the meds only make matters worse. But it is possible to lose, albeit more slowly than we would like. Have you discovered the PCOS forum over in Dieting with Obstacles, yet? You should have a look.

Stick with us, kiddo, together we can all do it.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:15 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Do you have an eating plan? Sounds like you've got the exercise & movement part down pat, but a lot of what affects our weight is what we eat.

There's a PCOS section under Dieting with Obstacles that would benefit you. It can make it more difficult to lose weight, yes, but it's not impossible.

You might also want to check out Chicks in Control to talk about your emotional compulsive overeating.

Stick around & keep posting.

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #6  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

GoNads... Welcome! You 've got the drive and you've got the mindset already under your belt from your history and experience with competative sports comptetition... That's half the battle.

You can soooo do this. We'll help!

Good Luck!

Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hi Nadia,

Can you include some pilates in your daily regime? This type of exercise worked wonders for me. When you say your pants don't fit, I assume that it's at your waist. Pilates always made me shrink quite nicely in my midsection and it's an exercise that would not bother your knees.

I am surprised that you say you cannot find jeans that fit you. I am 5'9", started my weight loss journey at 208 and finding jeans was never such a big issue - it was harder to find jeans that are long enough versus those that are wide enough. I know, the fat on your body may be distributed differently from mine and that may be a big factor, but try stores like Additionelle or Laura Plus - they do carry jeans in bigger sizes. I have never been over size 16 and sometimes the jeans in Additionelle are not to my liking but that's the price us bigger chicks have to pay, not having the same choice as the skinnier part of the population.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Hi Nadia,

Can you include some pilates in your daily regime? This type of exercise worked wonders for me. When you say your pants don't fit, I assume that it's at your waist. Pilates always made me shrink quite nicely in my midsection and it's an exercise that would not bother your knees.

I am surprised that you say you cannot find jeans that fit you. I am 5'9", started my weight loss journey at 208 and finding jeans was never such a big issue - it was harder to find jeans that are long enough versus those that are wide enough. I know, the fat on your body may be distributed differently from mine and that may be a big factor, but try stores like Additionelle or Laura Plus - they do carry jeans in bigger sizes. I have never been over size 16 and sometimes the jeans in Additionelle are not to my liking but that's the price us bigger chicks have to pay, not having the same choice as the skinnier part of the population.
I think I'm at a size 12/14 right now, they just don't sell pants that size here in whistler. Everything is size 30 or size 10 and smaller. I don't think im going to buy bigger ones that fit, it'll just encourage me to becomfortable in bigger pants. I guess i'll stick with sweatpants until i can fit my jeans again,hopefully in 2-3 weeks.

Its just a letdown when you see a photo of yourself for the first time in a while and all you can think is "gross"

Its the start of a new month, time to get super strict. Hopefully better by beach season...
Old 05-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #9  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #10  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey Nadia! Welcome to 3FC, It sounds to me like you feel miserable about your weight and eating habits...and hopefully like many of us 3Fc will give you that extra bit of support!

Maybe, since you say you can lose about 10 lbs but then put it back on, you should check out the maintainence forum to see where you're going wrong? Best of luck and try not to get too down about it, you'll get there!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #11  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey nadia and welcome, i like your posts so far, sit back, grab some water and join us all
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #12  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey Nadia,

Just stick to it. You know you've lost weight before....but the reason you gained it back is probably due to frustration. Just be consistent. No matter how much we work out, if we're not consistent with our eating, it'll be that much more difficult to be where we want. My recommendation is for you to count your calories. Keep a food journal and see what you're taking in. It's very possible that you're eating more than you thought.

Also, you seem to be very hard on yourself. Try to change that voice in your head that beats you up for gaining weight. Be your own coach and if you find yourself doing best w/ competition, maybe set up mini-goals and reward yourself when you reach them.

I hope you like this forum. I just love it. I visit here all the time and it really helps keep me motivated. I hope it does that for you as well.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #13  

I checked out the PCOS forum, and found a lot of help there, I also joined FitDay which is an AMAZING tool for watching daily food intake. Its refreshing to be getting serious again at the start of a new month, I know if I work really hard at it I can lose ~3ib a week.

You guys are amazing, and this site is a GREAT motivational tool. I absolutely love reading the success stories.. ive passed this site onto my girlfriends who are in the same boat.

I just hate how the fat on my body all stores right on my gut and hips.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm not going anywhere ladies!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #14  

I think I'm going to start running again, at night... just start off slowly. Hopefully I want to get into playing soccer again. I havent been able to this past 3 summers because I've had knee surgery every spring. I find the night is calming and it clears my head.

Is there a thread on here for workout music? Someone should start one to share music that gets you moving..

Also, the inability to post links or photos on here before 25 posts is really annoying...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #15  

Girl- you can do this!! We are all here to support you

Can't wait to follow your progress!
fitnfunbabe22 is offline   Reply With Quote