Old 05-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Daily Chat: Thurs. May 1st!!

WELCOME TO MAY EVERYONE!!!

HOpefully the weather will start warming up and I can get my veggies in the ground!!

Just ran a mile...usually I do 2 every other day, but it was so darn cold this AM that my feet were FREEZING...couldn't take it anymore. I did a little ab work and will practice my dancing in a bit, so that will bring me up to my 2 miles for the day.

HOpe everyone has good stuff planned for today. I have a few errands this am, then the girls are coming here for a playdate after school, I have two cakes to bake, so they will keep Cady busy. Frankie is supposed to have a baseball game tonight, but we'll see what the weather brings.

Okay, I'm off to do some hip thrusts...hope everyone has a super day!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/249/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning!

My name is Jennifer and I am new to this site and just found this subsection. I just wanted to commend you on running this morning. I noticed that you live in Bucks County, I am a Southern New Jersey girl myself, and I know how cold it was this morning. The fact that you still got up to run is amazing to me. I rolled over and went back to sleep! So I will think of you and this post tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off and hopefully I will be able to drag my butt out of bed and go for a nice walk/jog.

Enjoy your day!

-Jennifer
Matthey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get motivated for the day. It sure is going to be a busy one. I am going to get my eyes checked, my eyebrows waxed, and then I have to get tags for my car (they expire today). Also my parents will be taking me out to dinner ~ not sure where, as it is my choice.

Pam, good for you for running! I know that it has been really cold here in the mornings. Of course I am not a runner ~ but I would walk.

Well off to get some breakfast. Need energy.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, Happy Birthday girl!!! Hope it is a Great day, pamper yourself, you deserve it.

We sure have been having alot of Birthdays lately.

My battery is almost dead so Im gonna go, I'll be back later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Chicks!

Well I haven't done any of my regular exercise in the last two days and I feel poopy! I've been so busy pulling weeds, hauling dirt, driving here there and everywhere for this car and my new nephew, Calgon, take me away! I enjoy the work outside, its just hard to work in everything else I have to do, but the yard work has to get done before its too late. So today my plan is to start some laundry, read a few chapters in my Bible while I ride my bike, then go out for a few hours in the yard, grill some burgers and taters, then go run 3 miles. Lets see how that pans out. As long as I get to watch Survivor tonight I'll be a happy girl. OOOOOh I have to get graduation invites wrote up and sent out today too. Yea Rah!

Hanna, I bought a 99 Honda Civic, very low miles and in excellent condition for 6k. DS turned 18 in March, he's going to Lipscomb Univ. in Nashville this fall, its about 3 1/2 hrs. from where we live, so he's gonna need a dependable and economical car. I think I did okay. Glad to hear Coco is doing well.

Pam, one day you'll have to send me your recipe for your cakes, I love to bake, I just don't take the time to do it often enough. We've had a couple of cold days here in a row but yesterday it started warming up and its supposed to get in the 70's today, so you may have some good weather coming your way soon.

HI! Jennifer, welcome to our little corner of the 3fc world!!

Well, I better go get busy or the day will definitely pass me by, have a terrific day and I'll check back later to see whats up in ya'lls worlds today.

Trish

p.s. I never got the call from the Dr., so I called them and was told to be patient, I still haven't heard anything, except about my bill.
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Talking

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all!
Pam, I sure could use some of your focus right now! I have been so overwhelmed with having wayyy too much on my plate, I tend to "shut down" when I get too overwhelmed!
Welcome Jennifer!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
hey Alicia! Hope you have a good day!
Trish, you are an inspiration to me! I don't know how you do all you do!!
I need to go check on my little one.. she stayed home from school today since she was awake (which means i was awake) all night throwing up... I have a mountain of dishes in the sink, and about 4-5 loads of laundry to do...
It makes me not want to do anything..
Oh well, nothing is getting done with me just sitting here huh? lol
Will check back in as i can!
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'9"

I haven't been on in a little while , but I was motivated by a posting to set a goal for exercise minutes for the month and then post the progress. So then I figured out how to make a 'ticker' lol I know it's not hard but I had never seen where to get one before. =)
My work out partner is going to be a little late this morning so I have some extra time. I really need to take some painreliever now so that it's kicked in by 11:00. Then laundry!!! So exciting!
foodvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #9  

good morning...its may!...its beautiful here..so happy the sun is shinning!

pam: great job on the exercise!...what kind of cakes are you baking today?..i still need to look at your myspace..will you give me the url again?..i want to look..have a great one!

jennifer: WELCOME!

lisa: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ... sounds like a full day for you...eyebrows...i need to get mine done..i look like a clown for the next 4 hours after i get them done!...have fun at lunch

alicia: have a great day!

trish: yard work is exercise!...i say you've gotten a lot ; } ....civic sounds like a great car, they run forever...have a great day

stephanie: i hope your little one gets better soon...my little guy was sick too..im sending him to school today..i think he will be fine..yesterday he was running around and asking for pizza!..maybe she will be able to take a nap and you can rest with her!...try to have a good one!

foodvictim: HI!

i guess i better go start getting ready...just wanted to check in for a minute..havent been on in a few days...super busy, but what is new!...i hope everyone has a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Mornin' Chicksters!

Lisa ~ Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your day off and dinner out tonight with your folks.

Alicia ~ How's your back?

Trish ~ Your energy has come back a bit? That, or you're a really good faker because your schedule is BUSY! Will you be giving DS a graduation party? I hear you about working in the yard. I've been doing the same and I love it. Fitting it in is the hard part.

Pam-a-rama! You Go Girl! You will be in fantastic shape by the time vacation rolls around. BTW, very cool that you were able to buy a part for your oven vs. replacing it. DH has replaced parts in our dryer at least twice now. Sweet.

Jennifer ~ welcome!!! We love having newbies join us.

Stephanie ~ sorry to hear about the sick little one. Winter is over so sickness should be too. If only life worked that way...

Time to get moving on this end. I've got a full day. Hope that everyone has a GREAT Thursday!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello chickies!! I took the kiddos to Chuck E. Cheese this AM. That's always such fun!! We go right when it opens so it's not so hectic (and we never go on the weekends!). They spent an hour running just as hard as they could go. Y.A.W.N. I'm exhausted just from watching them, and from racing through my AM chores so we could get there early. I'm doing well keeping up with the housework so I don't want to let it go.

Joan: I'll let ya in on a big secret, I'm almost 43. I love this board so I'm staying!

Jennifer: Welcome to 3FC. Where are you in Jersey? There are a couple of us from NJ.

OK, the kids are wanting lunch and the laundry needs me. Have a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6

Lisa..HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! hope you have a nice dinner with the p's...pick somewhere great, and enjoy!!!

jennifer, WELCOME!!! we love having newbies, jump on in!!

Alicia, hey girl...you feeling better yet??

Trish..working in the yard is so fun, but it is exhausting...don't feel bad about not working out, at least you're doing somehting VERY physical!!!

Steph, hope the little one is feeling better today...and hope you are able to get some rest in between all your chores!!

fv, be careful working out when you are hurt...hope you feel beter soon!!

Hey Christina!! check out myspace.com/eat_it_too. Have a super day!!

Joan, are you eating better today?? You know what helps me sometimes (just thinking of it cause I just had it!!) the 100 cal. packs of keebler Fudge shoppe mini fudge stripes cookies...they really hit the spot for something sweet & chocolaty. Hope you are having a good day!!

Karen, I love CEC when it's not crowded..so much fun. Hope you are getting your laundry finished!!

Alright, off to get my 2nd cake in the oven..have a nice afternoon girls!!
Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #13  

Thought I would stop in right quick while I had a couple seconds My dd hasn't been able to keep any food in her tummy. I have tried offering her some saltines and she isn't up to it yet. She is able to drink small sips of water and she has been resting in my bed all morning. I did get her in the bath, told her mama likes to soak in the tub when I don't feel well, so she was all up for that AND i was able to get the game room clean in the mean time! I did get a chance to run to the grocery store to pick up a couple things and have done 4 loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen... Still have a mountain of work ahead of me!!
Pam: what kind of cakes are you making today? do you make them from scratch? I have only made 2 cakes from scratch successfully, therefore I tend to rely on Ms betty crocker!
Karen, glad to hear you had a good time with the kiddos at c.e.c's! We haven't been there in ages. DH got uspet last time we went because of being double charged on our card and the hastle to get it corrected so he has been mind-set on not going back. I am thinking I may take the kids this summer for something to do every now and then!
Joan! Christina! Hope you are having a great day!
Gonna get back to it!
steph
Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'9"

I've been sitting on the couch for a little while reading this and that and then I realized that I 'felt full' Some days I feel that way and other days (like last week-end) I feel like a bottemless pit. idk but whatever the difference is, if I could bottle it and sell it, I'd make a fortune.
I made it through the whole 120minute work-out this morning, now if I can just 'be good' the rest of the day.....(oh, and get some laundry done)
foodvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #15  

Pam, I snuck a peek at your myspace to look at your pics and I have to say WOW! You are one talented woman! I so wish I could do that! I don't even know how you find the time!! Good job!!!