Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:40 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - 2008 #2

Good Morning Crazies . . . . . .

Well it's a brand new day and it's the first of May . . . so, since our old thread is getting pretty long, . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the next few months.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . .
Old 05-01-2008, 05:48 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . .

Hope everybody finds their way over here with no problems. Another rainy day for us in AtlanticCa I'm afraid. If those May Flowers decide to pop up they will be getting very wet.

Other than that, it is Thursday already and I've got a million different (well at least 5, anyway ) places to go and things to do. So guess I'd best get my rear in gear.

Later . . .
Old 05-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #3  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Looks like we will be having a cool sunny day! Going to take the kids to a local garden to do some fresh pics of them with the daffodils and tulips! I am gad that it is finally Thursday as I have had just about enough of this week and could use a slow day on Sat.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #4  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Mornin', all

I was on the run early yesterday. I had a FU appt at the local hospital Weight Management Clinic at 8:30 AM...I had to be fasting, and am usually up at 6-ish, so I was dreading the 'I can't even have my coffee' blues. Well, I must be loaded up on good karma this week, because I slept until 7:30! I woke up, looked at the clock and had exactly enough time to get there on time, with no time to even think about caffeine or food.

I participated in a research study in 01/02. They like to track us over time, regardless of whether we kept the weight off. They're really a great place for support and help. Anyway, their research has shown that there are some 600 genes that code for overweight He also told me that given my starting weight in 01 and weight gain due to the slowing metabolism as we age, they would expect me to weigh 250, best case scenario. That is exactly what I weighed when I started managing my eating in February!

My blood pressure was 139/97. I am on meds, but it has always been my top number that was high, never my bottom number. So now, I really have to pay attention to my sodium and get disciplined on my exercise, and I'm trying slow breathing sessions as well, and I'll see how that goes over the next few weeks. I'm gonna miss those quickie greek salads I make

Woke up to cold and fog this AM (before 5...glad that didn't happen yesterday!) Our furnace actually ran a couple times last night, and again this morning, and we set it to 19, not 20, so it must have been pretty cool.

Our tulips are beginning to bloom, which doesn't bode well for the Tulip Festival here in the Nation's Capital, as it happens towards the end of May...can't attract many tourists when the blooms are all gone.

Anyway, have a great day!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #5  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Ladies!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday... my brand new laptop decided to die yesterday. I'm stuck using the ancient (Sloowwww) desktop for now.

I appreciate all the kind words given the other night. I guess I was expecting quicker results. Oh well, I was always a rusher, everything has to be done quickly or I get discouraged. LOL

Daffy: 600 gene codes for obesity? Holy moley!! That's a scary thought! I'm glad that your blood pressure has been good, sodium is one of my weaknesses as well.

Meowee: Rainy and chilly here in Halifax today as well. I'm hoping for a sunny weekend, I need to get out for a walk. You're in Pictou County right??

Everyone else: Hellooooo!! Hope you're all having a great day!

I'm off for now, gotta go check out the TBL thread for my team and see what's new. I'll check back later.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #6  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Daffy: I have high blood pressure too. I gave me horribe headaches and whatnot. Once i figured out WHAT was giving me the headaches and i started working out everyday and cutting out lots of salt, I am feeling so much better. And being a sodium junkie.. Im surprised that I don't even think of putting salt on anything anymore... and getting low sodium foods isn't sooo bad. I just go CRAZY with all the othr herbs and no sodium spices i can find!! good luck on lowering the sodium! We are here for you
Old 05-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #7  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Well, after fumbling around and tripping up here and there I found this thread. Good afternoon everyone. When I went for my jog this morning the sky was overcast and a chilly wind was blowing. Now after dinner (lunch) it is gloriously sunny and blue skies abound. Ah, May, I love it.

600 gene codes for overweight!!! I've got most of them. Time to put a search and destroy team together.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #8  

I just set up a daily plate page.. like the fitday thingy, but it has more foods and stuff. ANYWAY.. figured out that I have NOT been eating enough calories for I don't know how long. I've never counted calories before i just started adding that into my gi diet plan.
I feel REALLY weird uping what i'm eating.. because I eat like 5 times a day and i'm never hungry.
I dont want to stiffle my loss by not eating enough cals.. but I don't want to gorge when I don't feel I need it!
The counter thingy says to lose 2 pounds a week eat 2500ish cals! I have been eating 1300ish.

Counting calories makes me confused.

Although.. one plus. I upped my cals to 1500 at Dinner time and I had so much more energy in the evenings..

I guess stick with what feels right to me? ( ijust dont wanna hinder my weight loss)

I think im rambling.. WHOOPS lol
Old 05-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #9  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . . OMG, just about drowned getting from car to building and back again a few times today. It is awful out there, not only wet and windy, but also only about 2 to 3 degrees. Just heard that many parts of the Province have been turning white . . . so far that is not happening in Pictou County.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi again . . . OMG, just about drowned getting from car to building and back again a few times today. It is awful out there, not only wet and windy, but also only about 2 to 3 degrees. Just heard that many parts of the Province have been turning white . . . so far that is not happening in Pictou County.
I am visiting a friend in Pictou this summer for the lobster carnival!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Oh wow . . . how long will you be here . . . maybe you can at least come and have a coffee with me. . . . At least if you don't mind hanging out with a grandmother and her five cats.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #12  

Haha.. well I would love to! I will let you know the details when I know them myself! Lol
Old 05-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #13  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ boy, it's so nice to see so many new people joining this Canadian thread. We have had lovely sunshine; the temps are cool, but it's still great. We spent the morning putting up a new clothesline. Was away on Tuesday and Thursday was shopping day, so we've been busy.

Anyways, our (lemon) car has been acting up again, and Dh spent the day trying to figure it all out; but I bought a newer one last Saturday as I was fed-up with all the grief it was giving us. All I could see was the $$$ that were gonna disappear very soon. Our newer one is in great condition and should be arriving here on Friday or on the weekend sometime, at the latest ~ can't wait til it gets here.

We had a good day; had fish for dinner with lots of veggies and salad. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great evening ROSEBUD
Old 05-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Are you playing hide and go seek Meow?? LOL I found you :-)

Gained 0.2 pounds today boooohooo maybe I should of taken my watch off LOL

Rainy week-end ahead...scrapbooking time yeah!!! Have a great Friday Ladies xo
Start date : April 24th 08
Start weight : 253
Current weight : 251

@---)-)---Tammy @---(-(---
Old 05-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

It's still raining and predicted to hit a high of 3 today . . . I wish this would stop.
Closed Thread