Old 04-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #1  

Default which plan works best new or old

Hi Every one,

I have been doing plan 2 for a while now with out much luck. Before plan 2 I did the gold plan and it worked a little better for me. So I am wondering what works for you guys, the numbered plan or the colored plan?

I am thinking of going back to gold, but right now I am not sure what to do.

Thanks

Webb
webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm currently on Gold - It works well for me. What are the changes from Gold to plan 2?
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #3  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

What are the differences between the Gold and Plan 2. I am doing Purple, and I know that the number of food types I get are the same, just the serving sizes change, but I am not familiar with the Plan 2.

Can you give us a comparison between the 2 and then tell us why you think the Gold will be better for you??
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #4  

Some of the differences between the gold plan & plan 2 are more carbs and less protein,most protein is 4 oz,but beef and pork 3 oz.

2 slices of lite bread =1 carb 1 whole e. muffin (whole grain)= 1 carb

2 dairy and 2 fats

For me coming from gold it is a lot of carbs to eat ,I like that it is less protein I

just have a problem with the carbs.

Sylvia
webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #5  
Gold plan

S/C/G: 164/-/140

Height: 5'5

Hey guys,

I'm so glad I found this thread. I am also having problems with the numbered 2 plan. I was on the gold plan three years ago and the weight loss is completely different. I put up the following in another thread named "LA Express???"

"Hey everyone,

I've been confused about the very same thing. A few years ago, I was on the coloured (Gold) plan, lost 30 lbs, about 3lbs a week. It came off like magic.

A month ago I started on the new numbered one. The first month, I was on the "LA Express" plan which limits food choices, alcohol consumption. After that period, you go on a numbered Free to Live plan which gives you back all your food choices back and then some. But the main difference from the coloured plans were that the servings and portion sizes had all changed. Someone mentioned that it was meant to replace the Carb Cravers feature on the coloured plans and that is also what my counselor told me.

Here are the differences:

Gold Plan with Lites:

2 Proteins (6oz?)
3 Vegetables
3 Fruits
2 Starches
1 Dairy
1 Fat

Free to Live #2 Plan with Lites:

2 1/2 Proteins (4oz cooked, 5oz raw)
3 Vegetables
2 Fruits
3 Starches
2 Dairy
2 Fat

Now here is what I'm disgruntled with. It has been a month, yet I have only hovered around the 5lbs-loss mark. Going up and down a pound or a pound and a half. On the old plan I NEVER went up even a pound. Mind you, I was twenty lbs heavier when I started that plan than I was this one.

I am so tempted to just cut out a dairy and a fat because it honestly seems like too much food for me. I never worked out the first time and I haven't been this time so I should see similar results. My counselor told me to just stick with it even if it's frustrating until I get to 150lbs and then she'll drop me down a plan.

Hope this post helped those who were curious as I was."

So after someone responded, I've taken out a starch and a fat instead to try to push the weight loss along. It's still not as consistent as the gold plan but I'm going to see how it goes for another week or so. I'm on my day two of take off so I'm hoping that I'll lose about two more pounds. Thereafter, if my weight goes up again then I may switch to the gold plan. I'm pretty frustrated that this program doesn't work as well as the old one for me personally and that it's already been five weeks for me.

Hope to hear more stories from you all.

Dodis!
dodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Mornign Dodis. You and I are exactly the same height/weight. I'm planning on sticking w/ Gold until I meet my current goal. It's worked for me since they switched me to it at 180lbs. (Started 225lbs on Purple). Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I'd LOVE to hit the same goal wt. as you, but I'm gonna shoot for 145 and work on maintaining first. Take Care!!
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #7  

I had the same exact problem. I could not loose on plan 1 but I always lost on gold. I decided to go back to the old plan but somehow I have hit a plateu. Any suggestions?
heidz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Dodis,

Post after about a week and let us know how your change effects you!I know as a newbie I'd be very interested to see how it's working out for you.

My LL Rep told me they will move me down once I hit 145 (which may be never as I am on day 16 and lost 5 lbs first little while then went up then down then up and I am POP). I know LAWL is good for those who have lots of weight to lose but is it as good for those who have 30-40lbs to use?
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #9  
Gold plan

Thanks for all the comments!!!

Okay, I don't feel as alone anymore since I'm sharing my little experiment with you all now.

Lady, we ARE the same height and weight. Great job so far, you're almost at your goal weight! So exciting!

Heidz, I don't know what you've tried so far but try doing any of the following: 1) take off, 2) eating only fish and chicken for protein and citrus for fruit for a week (got this advice from another forum), 3) switch up your meals i.e. eat dinner for breakfast, breakfast for dinner, etc. psych your body out, the more unpredictable your intake is the more beneficial for weight loss

Petite, I will definitely let you all know how my weight loss is going. I should have my final decision in a week or two (whether to stick with #2 or go back to gold). But on another note, LAWL is actually a great program or at least it was when I was on the Gold. I was at 184 and went down to 150 in maybe 2-3 months. Then I took off another 10 doing a half LA and half my own dieting. I'm very curious as to why your weight loss went back up so drastically. What sort of starches were you having? I share your frustration, I really do.

My friend is actually doing the #2 plan through me and she has kept all her servings and lost 6 lbs in 2.5 weeks. She has been working out though at least 3x/wk. I think the new plan works better with an exercise regiment. And her starting weight was higher than mine, which may also explain faster results.

Dodis!

Last edited by dodis; 05-01-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

My starches vary usually brown rice, ww bread or once in awhile yams. But it does make sense about the starches bc one weekend I went to a party and saved my veg/starch and had three drinks. Yup, I was up that next week. I was a bit peeved bc I have had other occasion foods and they haven't caused weight gain and if they had said right out it will cause weight gain then I would have refrained completely. I am happy to hear that it does work for less large amounts I need reassurance occasionally.
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

I started on Purple, was moved to Gold, then my center moved to the numbered plans. I didn't do so well on Plan 2, so I moved myself to Gold (with a bit of Plan 2 - like more cottage cheese, or pudding!) and then I moved myself to Green (with a bit of Plan 1). It worked for me. I took what worked on each and made it work for me.
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #12  
Gold plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatazoo View Post
I started on Purple, was moved to Gold, then my center moved to the numbered plans. I didn't do so well on Plan 2, so I moved myself to Gold (with a bit of Plan 2 - like more cottage cheese, or pudding!) and then I moved myself to Green (with a bit of Plan 1). It worked for me. I took what worked on each and made it work for me.
Hi Stephanie,

This has been very very helpful to me. Can I ask how long you were on the numbered plan before you decided to go back to the gold? Also, if I end up switching back to the Gold as well, was the main difference change to your plan just the protein size? and of course the one less starch and fat, one fruit for fat, etc. It was 6oz cooked for chicken if I remember correctly.

Right now, I am on the #2 plan but I have take it upon myself through reading someone else's post to drop a starch and a fat. So I am left with the following.

2.5 Proteins
3 Vegetables
2 Fruits
2 Starches
2 Dairy
1 Fat

2 Lites (Luna bars)

It's a bit over 5.5 weeks for me, down 7 lbs. Was hoping to lose 10lbs by my birthday party on the 10th. Let's hope those last three will drop in the next week, lol :S

Last edited by dodis; 05-02-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #13  
Gold plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by petitelapin View Post
My starches vary usually brown rice, ww bread or once in awhile yams. But it does make sense about the starches bc one weekend I went to a party and saved my veg/starch and had three drinks. Yup, I was up that next week. I was a bit peeved bc I have had other occasion foods and they haven't caused weight gain and if they had said right out it will cause weight gain then I would have refrained completely. I am happy to hear that it does work for less large amounts I need reassurance occasionally.
Petite, so you're saying the three drinks made you gain the next week even though used them as your starches that day? :S I'm saving all I can for tonight cause I have to drink with my friends. My counselor told me to have tons of lemon water the night of drinking and the next day to flush it all out. I'll be sitting with my pitcher of water all day tomorrow :P

Last edited by dodis; 05-02-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #14  
Gold plan

Default Feedback on old and new plan from LA counselor

Hey there,

I just wanted to share a response I received from a counselor from a different LAWL branch.

She said there are some "old" clients on the coloured plans but all new ones and some old ones have all been moved to the numbered plans. Most have been successful some who haven't have returned to the colour plan. She said the secret to success with the new plan is to follow it precisely as is and to really be stringent on the infrequent choices and the smaller protein servings as well as trying to have some protein in every meal. The point of the new plan has been to accommodate a more normal way of eating to be easier to follow and to maintain once the weight is off.

Well there you have it. Has anyone compared the experiences between doing the take off with the actual TO juice versus citrus fruits? The last two take offs I did I used oranges and grapefruits. Maybe next time I will try the Knudsen's juice.

Dodis!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #15  
Gold plan

Hi everyone!

Looks like my experiment is working in my favour finally. I am losing like I'm supposed to now. Here are the reasons I think I'm back on track:

1. Minimizing each starch intake to 100 calories max.
2. Taking 1 starch and 1 fat out from my #2 plan is working for me. I think it evens out to be pretty similar to the Gold plan.
3. Trying to have a protein in each meal.
4. Trying my best to get everything in.
5. Continuing with my Luna bars (2 a day)
6. Having my starches earlier in the day.
7. AND using Shirataki noodles (miracle noodles) for those meals when I need a "starchy" fix.
8. Drinking lots of water.
9. Taking my starches out the day after "over" drinking.
10. Having a source of protein in my first meal of the day.
11. Minimizing my "infrequently consumed" and drastically reducing my Lean Cuisines (although, my next experiment will include using Lean Cuisines to see if there's an actual difference).

I have lost 2 lbs since my last posting. I'm hoping this will continue to be a 2lb a week trend. But I will start counting AFTER my birthday celebrations :P

Thanks for everyone's input. I hope I've solved my problem!

Last edited by dodis; 05-08-2008 at 02:00 PM.