Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Somethings 4/29 Chat

Okay all, Here I am up early again. Have I ever mentioned that I am not a morning person? I don't mind that I have to work, but I haven't been getting nights lately ~ I love nights. Yesterday I wanted to come home and do some crunches on my balance ball, however I figured I worked out the equvilent (sp?) of 12 miles at work. Oh man, I feel it today too! Right across my shoulders. Oh well maybe tonight.

Joan, happy belated birthday! I think there are several that are in their 40's that are here. We definately won't kick you out.

GG, glad you had a great day yesterday. Also glad to hear that your visit was excellent.

okay time to get ready for work.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..nothing really exciting to report. Funny, I'm getting use to getting up early. Lately i've been getting up around 6 to either go to the gym or get up early to get stuff done at work. This morning i tried to sleep in and was wide awake by 6.45. Oh well..guess i should have gone to the gym. I'm planning on going tonight for a short run.

hannah- cocoa will be fine.

Hope everyone is good and hope everyone has a good day. check back later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, guys!

I have been pretty naseaus and tired by the end of the day, but still hungry! We didn't find out with DS about the boy/girl things, but I think we might this time.

Happy belated birthday, Joan!

Will write more later...DS is bugging DH who I think was still trying to sleep!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning new friends!

Lisa, I know what you mean about not being a morning person! I work straight nights, but on my days off have to get DD to the bus stop. Usually end up going back to bed!

I think I may be crazy, but we (should I say, I) have decided to get another puppy. We have one now that's about 8 months old, and I LOVE her! I think she needs a playmate and I'd love for them to grow up together. DD is totally down with the idea! DH didn't exactly say no, but he's going to have to warm up to the idea. He's the most easy-going person I know, and he adores Gypsy, so I *think* he'll be fine. Anyway, might go pick one out today if the lady gets back to me. Excited!!

Have a great day everyone!
Shannon
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

good morning all!!!

Joan, BEAT IT!!! Just kidding, you know I love you. If you went to the next group, I might have to follow you, cause I'd miss you so much!! Hope you had a wonderful day, girl!!

Alicia, yup, we got lots of rain here. I guess we needed it, though.

Hanna, thanks so much for the compliments!!! I'm sure coco will do great, it always is tough to leave your "babies" though, isn't it??

Burhenns, I would love to get a companion for our dog Daisy (she's two) but I just don't have the patience/time to put into training another puppy. I'll tell you what, after seeing the Oprah show, I'm definitely going to adopt from a shelter if we ever get another one. Good luck if you decide to do it!!

Lisa, GG, hope you both have good days at work!!

Dawn, did this happen when you & DH went away?? LOL!!! Hope the nausea eases soon!!

Alright, off to take Cady to school. Have a great day all!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Mornin!

Shannon, what kind of pup is Gypsy and what kind are you planning on getting. I have two pups and they def keep each other company.

Lisa, you have been getting up early, not a morning person here either, have a nice day at work.

Hanna, last year when I got my dogs spayed and neutered they told me not to let them play, oh my goodness, they were acting like their crazy selves that night, you wouldn't even know they had things removed.

Joan, how was the birthday?

Trish, any news on your tests?

I just finished my my oatmeal. I'm feeling good today about staying on plan today. Yesterday, I did my workout video, cardio plus yoga. Well last night my back was killing me. I had to have DD pull up my pants, lol. I knew the day may come, but never at the age of 32 did I think I would ask my kids to help me get dressed, LOL. I think I will keep it simple today and walk.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #7  
Keepin' on...

Alicia, Gypsy is a cock-a-poo, but she looks more like a little black cocker spaniel. We are going to go back to the same "backyard breeder" we got her from for our next bundle of joy. She raises her puppies with her grandchildren and they love kids and other dogs. Plus she has a new litter with Gypsy's same parents, so it'll be a biological sibling.

pmasci: I also saw Oprah's show about the puppy mills, and while I would never consider buying a puppy from a pet store, I'm a little scared about getting a dog from a shelter. I helped my sister pick one out a couple years ago, and she got what seemed to be one of the nicer ones. Now she tries to attack any other dog she sees and she bites kids. DD has been bitten by her more than once. I do donate $$ through our local dog park that goes to pet rescue (the easy way out, I know), but I know I am selfish. I want another one who's background and temprament I can be a little more sure of. I feel bad now.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Shannon,,,don't feel bad!!! I did the same thing, got Daisy ( a bichon) from a breeder, for the same reason...I have two young kids & I wanted to know that the puppy had no "history". I think it's great that you donate...that is super-generous!! I seriously don't think we'll get another dog until teh kids are older, if at all, and I think I'll be able to deal with a shelter dog then (I hope). I'm telling you, that show just killed me, it was so sad.

I really didn't mean to make you feel badly, though...sorry!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! We have been so busy around here lately, I haven't had the time to post, although I have stopped by and tried to read. We had to take our bullmastiff to the vet yesterday to have entropion eye surgery done and he got fixed at the same time. I feel so bad for him right now! He is in some pain and he really does not like his e-collar. I find he just stands there. I have to lay on the floor and cuddle with him to get him to lay down. I do know he feels better this morning because he was actually wagging his tail. Poor boy! Our other dog is scared of his "cone head" and runs away from him! I feel bad for him when he tries to eat, drink or go to the bathroom. He's always bumping into things. It will all get better very soon tho! Small price to pay for the relief he will feel.
I got put on the Red team for TBL challenge. Anyone else on the Red team? I noticed Alicia that you were on the black team I believe.
Dawn CONGRATS!!! Here's wishing you a smooth healthy pregnancy!!!
Happy belated birthday Joan! I hope your day was nice for you!!!
I have to run to pick up some of my dh motorcycle parts that came in.
OH!! My twins are on a fieldtrip today and instead of being released from school at 11:00 like every day, they are at school til 3:00!!! My first "full day" by my self to do pretty much what I want to do !! WOO HOO!
Have a great day all!
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Stephanie, I am on the black team and I think I saw mamabear is on my team too. I found it kind of overwhelming, there were 12 pages of posts for me to catch up on after 2 days. I think I saw momof4girls, possibly on the blue.

Pam, is Cadence's prek almost finished for the year? I noticed at Spencer's school the prek will be out the first or second week of May.

I have to hit the grocery store before I pick up DS and I have no clue what to make for dinner. All I have is Taco Shells, lol. I have no control with tacos though.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Joan!! I'm hitting 40 in July, don't feel left out. Karen & RR are both over the hump also. Not sure of any others, off hand.

Shannon, I know a really cute black lab mix that is about 15 1/2 wks. old. Love him to death, but I'm gonna send him to the moon if he doesn't grow out of this puppy stage soon!

BTW, I am official!! Went for my pee-in-the-cup test today, and should be on their payroll by Monday!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #12  
Keepin' on...

pmasci: Thanks, I feel better. I do have the DD to think about

Lauren, I'm new here, so I don't know about your new job yet. What is it?? Congrats, you seem happy about it!!!

Steph: Are your kids in kindergarten? If so, wait till grade school! My DD is in 1st grade and it's WONDERFUL! Now I really understand that back to school commercial "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" hehe
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Shannon, I've been temping at this company for a couple months as an administrative assistant. They always had the intention of making me perm, but HR was holding them up, plus they had to make sure things were working out with me & the top guy I support. He travels a lot, so it took awhile to nail him down. So finally yesterday they gave me the verbal offer, and today I got the official offer. The best part is that it pays about 18K more per year than I'm currently making as a temp! The best part (aside from that!) is that it's only 3 miles from home and I love it!

Alicia, I heard on the news this AM that VA got hit with 3 tornadoes or something like that last night. Did you get the remnents of that?? The sun has actually shown itself here this afternoon. We've had a couple days of rain.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #14  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I don't know where my mind was...it's evident where my computer was. I posted an entry to the forum, but posted it to yesterday's thread. I think my brain got sunburned yesterday instead of just my head...anyway, here's the post I intended for this thread:

AWWWWW!! Congrats Dawn!! I'm soo happy for you!

Joah, (in my best singing voice) Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Joooooaaaaaannnnnnnn! Happy Birthday to you! And many mmmoooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee!!! (Glad I didn't have to sing that for real.....I'd have cleared the board!!!) Hope your day is AWESOME!!!

DH played hookey from work yesterday (our schools were out....long spring weekend is what they called the occasion.....???...) so he took off to spend the day with me and DD and DS. We wentfishing and got sunburned. It was fun...lol.

I think I crashed and burned Sunday, but the scales don't really seem to necessarily be reflecting it. I had a high sodium supper last night and this morning when I weighed, I had on a sweatshirt and socks (I usually weigh in Tshirt and jeans, only) and I was up a lb., which is actually still down a lb from ticker. (I need to change that!) So I don't think I've gained anything back. Have been on track today totally! And I actually had oatmeal for breakfast....not my usual whacked out breakfast! It seems to keep me satisfied better than most other stuff. And had a chicken breast sandwich and FF chips for lunch. I think I've had probably 12 points today total (my allowance: 28). YIPPEE!! And I'm not even hungry! I think I'm gonna do well this time ya'll!! I think I'll stick with it.

Okay, I've got tons to do this afternoon......have a GREAT rest of your day, everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #15  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

BTW, I have a mini-goal to have 25 of my 40 lbs on ticker gone by June 28, 2008....Two months. I started just over a week ago at 8 lbs gone of my 40. Surely I can lose this by June 28.....maybe more?? Is everyone confused now? LOL Think I made that very difficult!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote