Old 04-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wink TBL "Just Beachy" - Blue Team Chat

Ladies and Gents!

Sorry that had to be so short right off the bat... I still had to get some of the other team threads started.

I'm going to jump start the whole "getting to know you phase." I don't really believe in direct questioning personally cause I can usually think of something to yack about, so here it goes.

I'm Michelle, your team leader. I'm 23 and I live in Newport News, VA with my husband of 8 months and my bull terrier Alexia. I've been a member at 3FC since Sept of 2006 and I've run the TBL Challenges since November of 2006. Besides the challenges and losing weight, I'm a full time office manager at Barricade Rentals, Inc. and I'm also a full time student at ECPI College of Technology. I'm set to graduate and have my Associates in Business Systems Administration in June. I'll be continuing my education either at ECPI or I'll be transferring to Christopher Newport University.

My interests are art, World of Warcraft, fantasy, Paranormal and Sci-Fi romance novels, blogging, writing novels, watching my favorite shows and hanging out with my puppy.

I have a couple different places I'm found on the internet if you're into these interests as well.

My Myspace
My GoodReads Page
My Blog & Diet Journal
My Daily Plate

Hope to hear more from all of you!

Last edited by chellez; 04-27-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #2  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey everyone!

This is my first challenge on here, and I'm excited to be started.

My name is Cindy, I'm 44 and also a newlywed - got married for the first time this past Sept. 29th. DH and I live in Albany, NY with our 4 feline fur-babies. I'm a chemist/project manager at a plastics manufacturer. I've been around 3FC since Sept. 2003 - after I'd completed 3 Body for Life challenges and had lost 50 pounds. I kept it off for about a year, but then I met DH and started dating again. Long-story short, I've regained the weight and have been struggling with it ever since. I've had small accomplishments along the way, but I'm a stress eater, and stress has had it's way with me lately.

I'm a huge proponent of YOU: On a Diet (I moderate the Oprah forum), and I'm combining that with WW flex for this challenge. Workouts will be BFL-style once I get some of this weight off and won't hurt myself! I love to lift weights once I get over that initial start-up hurdle.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

LET'S GO BLUE!

(Hey, how apropos - I'm originally from Michigan, and that's the battle cry of U of M!)
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 04-27-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone!

Well, I guess I'm the first one to get in here--ETA to second one. I think it is very fitting that I am on this team again. Seeing as I quit on ya'll last time. I am in a better place now. I am really looking forward to a great challenge.

Last edited by Shay; 04-27-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #4  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I was here, then thought, "OH, CRAP! Maybe Chelle traded me for a loser to be named later!" So, I had to go and CONFIRM that I was in fact a Blueser.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am really looking forward to this challenge...my first, but I'm ready!

I have spent today fighting a migraine. I am finally starting to come out of the fog....
Old 04-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #6  
My Evolution

Crazy as I am I thought I wasn't on any list because I was looking for my name instead of my screen name.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #7  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Hi everyone! It's my first challenge as well, but I'm excited to be a part of the Blue team and I'm going to give you guys my all!

Last edited by Hopefulpinkangel; 04-27-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #8  
Accepting who she is

Default What is OP to you?

OK, Bluesers! Let's get to know each other and start kicking some BL butt!
  • What do you prefer to be called?
  • We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan?
  • How can we help you acheive your goals?
  • Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #9  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
  • What do you prefer to be called? Onthetee, Tee or Anna
  • We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Exercise 5/7 days a week; don't eat after 7; watch out for chocolate and wine
  • How can we help you acheive your goals? Beatings, beatings, beatings
  • Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? If I don't mention my plans for exercise, ask me about them.

GO TEAM!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #10  
My Evolution

What do you prefer to be called?
Shay

We talk a lot about being OP? What is your plan?
Intuitive Eating--Eating what I want. Stopping when satisfied. I will talk most about being binge free. So I will say today is Day 34, meaning 34 binge free days

How can we help you acheive your goals?
Just being here. Positive reinforcement. Reining me in if I get negative or down on myself

Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning?
Nothing I can think of right now
Old 04-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

WHOO HOO! I'm Blue Team!

* What do you prefer to be called? Jo, Josephine, Tyler, or Captain Cupcake is fine. I'm not picky.

* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Vegan calorie-counting, NO BINGING, and exercise 6 days a week (currently following a marathon training plan for a race in the fall). I am on DAY 46 totally on plan.

* How can we help you achieve your goals? Taunt me. Often.

* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? I'm just looking for like-minded people to share this experience, so if there are any silly whack-jobs in the group, I'm all set. Oh, and I talk. Alot. Fair warning!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-27-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.5/219.5/180

Height: 6 foot

Default Blue through and through!!!

LET'S GO BLUE!!!!

Hi Everyone!
My name's Melissa and I am sooooooo excited to get going and have that extra motivation to keep me going on my weight loss journey. I hope that I can be that for you too and that together as a team, we can make ourselves better inside and out!

I live in Santa Rosa, CA and am an intensive care nursery nurse. I have struggled with my weight most of my life, but I have found my perfect mate and have a great job, and now I am ready to put that last puzzle piece in place to feel really great about myself and to keep the weight off forever!!!!!

I find that the best plan for me is calorie counting and hitting the gym....go figure. I use the daily plate and love it and have already lost 10 lbs and ready to take off the rest! I aim to get to the gym 6 days a week which happens most weeks lately. I am looking for this challenge and some buddies to keep me going when things get tough.

Anyhow....looking forward to losing those LBS and getting to know you all

LET'S GO BLUE!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #13  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

I am soooooo thrilled to be on the BLUE team!!
We are going to KICK SOME BUTT!

My name is Angie and I am 31. I am a stay at home mom to four girls and just got a part time job as a cashier which I actually start tomorrow. Im a little nervous as it has been a long time since I was working, but we need the money so yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
  • What do you prefer to be called?
  • We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan?
  • How can we help you acheive your goals?
  • Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning?
Call me Angie
My plan is just move more, eat sensibly and watch protions. No calorie counting, no points.
Just having the accountability will help me get to where I need to be.
I would LOVE an exercise accountability partner, anyone interested?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #14  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!

This is my first challenge and I'm excited to be on this team. My name is Diane. I'm 36 years old, married for 14 yrs (in June). I have two children, a dog, and a cat.

I don't have much weight to lose, just the last few stubborn pounds that I'm working on. My ultimate goal is to have nice abs and defined/toned arms and legs. I'm currently nursing an injured shoulder (injured doing push-ups). I will try as much as possible to not let that get in the way of my progress.

I try to eat healthy meals and snack as much as possible. I count/log my calories on Spark People. Right now, I'm semi-following the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Workout food plan mixed with Fitness Rx menu plans. Basically, whatever time will allow me. I just hope I don't get any sweet tooth attacks. I'm a sucker for butter tarts. Luckily, chocolate's not a problem for me. I could live without it, no problem. I don't drink so alcohol will not be a problem either.

The plan is to workout at the gym at least 4 times/wk, possibly 5. The workouts will include both cardio and weights along with some stretching.

GO TEAM!

Last edited by moon fairy; 04-27-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #15  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Moonfairy....I just wanted to pop in and say hello to ya! My name over here is Tina30, but you know me as RDY2BFIT over in journals