Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #199 Bale of Turtles Rocking Hard!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Everybody,
Today the weather is grim and rainy, just as promised by our weathermen.
I'm feeling good because it looks like I've knocked off a couple of pounds since
my last WI. Now the trick, as always, is to keep on keepin' on so that the loss registers on the official scale and then I can lose more weight for real.
Does anyone have tips when in a situation like this? For about half of the week, I can lose and be OP. Then I slip a bit and don't capitalize on the loss.
Boot Camp ideas have helped a lot, but I'm wondering if you turtles have any easy tips I may have overlooked. That's a long way to say, "Do you have any ideas to keep your motivation for a whole week?"
Take it easy--hey, we're so successful.. This club is approaching its 200th. thread. Wow.
Judy
Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Judy: The only thing I can tell you is the closer I get to W/I day the harder I dig in because I really want to see a drop on the scale come Saturday morning... that is my big motivation. Not much, sorry about that, I wish I had more words of wisdom for you...
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #4  

Judy: Wondering if you could give me some examples of things you can eat or make for meals on core plan? I don't understand it well.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #5  
Chick

Princess, thanks for the hint. I've gotta try digging in harder rather than letting things go.

Cherry, the Core plan is like this:
Breakfast, eggs or omelets, any ff dairy product with fruit, oatmeal, or shredded wheatand ff milk(of course there are many more options)
Lunch: broth based soup and a salad with lean protein
Snacks: fruit, popcorn, or sf, ff puddings, or diet Jell-o
Dinner: any lean meat, fish, or chicken, lots of veggies and a salad if you'd like, some kind of carb--sweet or regular potato, whole wheat pasta, grits,
whole wheat couscous.

The great thing is that if you're hungrier than usual, you can have five or six ounces of chicken breast and not worry about points. You don't have to write anything down. You also follow the eight guidelines that you follow on Flex and remember to eat lots of fruit and veggies. The downside is that many people eat past the point of being comfortable and therefore they don't lose weight. Also, you have 35 points per week to spend on off-Core foods (like ice cream or bread). You can also earn more points by doing activity. This is really the Core program in a tiny summary , but if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.

You all take care and be well. I'll be traveling to see my sisters at the end of this week but I'll chime in as soon as I get back.
Judy
Looking for a good WI
Old 04-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #6  

Morning all and happy Tuesday... cold here this morning but at least the rain has stopped for now. Went to Zumba class last night... OMG but the instructor was on a mission! Good Grief! I was tired when I got home, had a fruit smoothie and went to bed!

Tonight I will try and get a walk in but am not sure with the weather if that will work, will just have to wait and see I guess.

Judy: have a great time with your sister's... how fun!

Bandit: how are you doing so far this week?

Cherry: good luck with Core if you try it... I never have, I need the structure of points to keep me on track but I hear many success stories of folks that have tried Core.

Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 04-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #7  

I am not sure if i will switch to core or not but i have been curious what kind of food is on plan for core. I don't know if i could do it either.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, ladies

Nice & sunny up here abit on the cool side, but no rain. Hard to believe it is suppose to get down to freezing for the next 2 nights.

I have been doing OK. Last night made up some chicken breasts & rice to have on hand for lunch. I had some pork, sweet potatoe & cauliflower with tomatoes & corn baked together for supper last night. Then later had tea with 2 cookies for snack.

Judy - my gf is coming tomorrow & I am making your Impossible Veggie Pie with pork tenderloin for our dinner. That stuff is sooooooo good & keeps well for leftovers.

Anyone try any new recipes lately?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #9  

Bandit: I found this one on the WW site:

Baked Parmesan Sour Cream Chicken

4 servings

1 lb chicken
6 oz light sour cream
1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic pressed
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs

Place fillets in single layer in Pam sprayed 13x9 inch baking pan. Stir together sour cream and next 5 ingredients. Spread mixture evenly over fillets. Sprinkle with Italian bread crumbs. Spray butter flavor Pam over this. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Not sure of the points... I would have to put it in the tracker to find out... will do that here in a bit and let you know.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #10  

Another one that I thought looked good and easy for a work day. Again, not pointed out but I will let you know.

Ingredients:

Serves 8

4 large butterflied pork chops
1 onion, cubed
6 medium potatoes (can use white or red) THICKLY sliced (and I washed them and left skins on)
1 small package Zesty Italian dressing mix
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Instructions:

Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and add potatoes, onion and salt and pepper. Lightly toss. Place pork chops over the potatoes and onion and sprinkle the italian mix on top of the pork chops. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

OK....when I first read this one I was wondering why there was no liquid added to the mix and afraid the pork chops would dry out. Well....they didn't and this had the absolute BEST flavor!!! I added 4 tsp of Flax Oil to my potatoe/onion mix.

Could it get any EASIER and FASTER than that??? LOL!!! I put mine on at 7am and turned it off at 3:30pm. The pork chops were literally falling apart!!

Mmmmmm........it goes well with any vegetable and/or salad! Point friendly as well. Without the oil added, I could count them on one hand!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #11  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Do you all mind if I join you? I'm having a really hard time staying on track.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #12  

Come on in and join us Lady Bug! You have come to the right place! Tell us a bit about yourself when you have a minute.

Again, Welcome!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Princess - those receipes look really good. Will definately have to try them.

Ladybug - welcome & I am sure you will enjoy it here!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm crazy busy right now but want to welcome Ladybug Let us know something about yourself and we'll give you loads of support. We're all doing pretty well right now and weould love to have you join us.

Hey, those recipes sound better than good! I'm chime in tonight.
Judy
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #15  

Morning all and happy hump day! Very cold here but looks like the sun will be out and it should make it into the low 60's this afternoon. The scale is up for me right now but I guess that is to be expected since it is that TOM... UGH! I am on plan and on track for the week and along with chugging gallons of water to try and get rid of the bloat all should be ok.

The second recipe that I posted should be about 5 points a serving and the recipe serves 8, now that is without the dressing packet that it calls for... I could not find NI on it from the recipe builder but I think that the entire packet is about 80 calories so I don't think that it would add any points. I will figure out the points on the other one later today and let you all know.

OMG Bandit, the weather man covered your neck of the woods this morning, he usually does as you are basically directly north of us... it looks really cold your way! UGH! I am eager to start planting!!! Come on warm weather!

Hope all is well with everyone...

Ladybug: I am 45 years old, live in Indiana, have been on WW for about 2 years now and about 18 lbs from my goal, I may go lower then the 158 that I have as my goal but I will just have to wait and see... it is going to be hard enough to hit the 158 I fear. I am married, have two older sons, one in college and one that lives with his GF not far from where I live. I work for a small software company kind of as a jack of all trades but my official title is project coordinator... not that it means a whole lot... LOL. I hurt myself a while back and am just now trying to get back into exercising... I used to be a Pilates junkie but fear I over did it and ended up with a bulging disk in my neck that is pressing on a nerve, not fun to go through at all but I have managed to get through it with a ton of support from the Turtles! Thank the Lord for the Turtles! We are kind of doing a boot camp thing right now, we have all made up some goals that we are working on and all have a basic weight loss goal and a date in mind... think about that and post some things that you would like to work on or a goal that you would like to hit. Mine is down in my signature line, that way I won't forget where I want to be by September of this year. Very glad to have you with us!

Judy: You sound super busy again! Are either of those recipes Core friendly?

Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 04-30-2008 at 08:03 AM.