South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #1  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Default Discouraged, but ready to change that!

Hey Ladies!!

I was here a few months back, but fell way off the wagon and watched it drive away!! I've been making excuse after excuse not to start again, but I can't do that anymore! I went shopping yesterday and literally cried in the dressing room. Just thinking about it now makes me want to cry all over again!!

But I've made my grocery list and am about to head out to the store to begin my new weight loss mission!!!!
mandyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

GREAT JOB!!! We all get discouraged. I'm doing P1 for the second time because DH and I cheated the whole time!!! LOL... But you can do it!!! That's why we come here...to get the support we need to keep going!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good luck...

what do you think caused you to stop last time, and how is that going to be different now?
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

Today is a new day!!! Good luck!!
mary83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  
jeep girl

Well, what started it last time was that I got the flu. I was sick and out of commission for almost 3 weeks and had people cooking for me. Naturally they were cooking things they knew I loved....mac n cheese, soups, all sorts of things that were notw on my "not so good list"....then a series of personal events unfolded and I ended up gaining back every pound I lost initially.

How am I going to handle it differently....well...if I get sick...I'll just try to be a bit more selective about what I eat, but if I fall off due to being sick, I"ll just have to pick the pieces up sooner!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

You can do it!!!

Good luck!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

it is hard when sick to pick up the pieces. But, it is very important to pick up as soon as possible. Even DH and I goofing off and then my grandma died. We strted P1 a few days after the funeral...we gave ourselves some time to breathe and then restarted!! And this time, sooo committed!!
You can do it!!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #8  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyleigh View Post
I was here a few months back, but fell way off the wagon and watched it drive away!!
Boy, that describes me as well. I did my grocery shopping today and will start ...ahem... REstart phase 1 tomorrow.

I was derailed by stress... and too much work... It WILL be better this time around.

You can do it!
noleschick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good to know for yourself what the problem was.

the key is that this is a permanent lifestyle and we have to keep going no matter what... but it's very very hard when you get sick early on.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #10  

Hi everyone,
Apologies for taking this slightly off-topic, but I was searching for stuff to do with Mandyleigh Storm (a singer/songwriter who just released an album) and came across this thread (and Mandyleigh of course).
It's a very unique name, so I was surprised to see someone else with it as well. I think you are the only other person in the world with the same name.
good luck with your diets ("a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"), as I know how hard it is to stay committed and focussed. Respect to all of you.
storm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Mandy, good luck starting tomorrow! Keep posting!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy, you CAN do it this time! I remember those crying sessions in the dressing room all too well and they kept me motivated when I started SB. I kept them in mind when tempted by something I know wasn't good for me. I remember skipping events because I couldn't find anything to wear. Horrible feeling!

I can tell you that going into a dressing room now and having everything fit and look good is so much more rewarding than having a cookie or mac and cheese! The "thrill" of the cookie only lasts a couple of minutes. The thrill of buying cute new clothes lasts a lot longer and is no comparison to a cookie!!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Mandy, you CAN do it this time! I remember those crying sessions in the dressing room all too well and they kept me motivated when I started SB. I kept them in mind when tempted by something I know wasn't good for me. I remember skipping events because I couldn't find anything to wear. Horrible feeling!

I can tell you that going into a dressing room now and having everything fit and look good is so much more rewarding than having a cookie or mac and cheese! The "thrill" of the cookie only lasts a couple of minutes. The thrill of buying cute new clothes lasts a lot longer and is no comparison to a cookie!!
VERY well said, Cat!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #14  
jeep girl

Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement!!!

Cat -- that's exactly what I'm holding on to as my motivation!!! And as for skipping events because I don't have anything to wear...yea...I've turned down dates becuase I had nothing to wear....PITIFUL!!! But NO MORE! I sucked it up and bought clothes in a size I NEVER thought I"d be in....to have something decent to wear IF I get asked out on a date again!! haha

I have a hurdle coming up at the end of May...going on a vacation to Alaska..but I"m already sort of planning for that. By then I"ll be well in to PH2 and am planning on stopping at a grocery the night that I land. All of the hotel have fitness centers...so 30 minutes at the end of each day...although everyday will be filled with physical activities.

Cat....I'm guessing by the Cafe du Monde can that you're actually in New Orleans?? I'm in Hammond now, but grew up in Folsom. Did you go to JazzFest this weekend? I'm hoping to go next saturday to catch Buffett...but by the looks of it, it's going to be another MudFest!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mandy, great attitude! Please hang out with us a lot.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote