Old 04-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Default Need something to lift me up.

Hey all. I am in my rarest depression mode this few days and don't know what to do. Good news is, I have fought with success so far all the binging and emotional eating and tried to release steam by exercising but nothing absolutely works.

Btw recently, I have started chatting with this guy and he is so into me and complimenting me but I keep crying a lot. I don't know if a part of me does not want to leave my ex behind, or if I am afraid I will hurt him someday (gosh I am so into scenarios) but though I should feel at least fluttered this guy is complimenting me and he is so interested, I cry a lot.

Don't know what to do. Any help into trying to cheer up. Also this is rare for me. I am usually the over-optimistic one and the cheerful one around.

Last edited by preetyladyserenity; 04-27-2008 at 08:44 AM.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I don't have a lot of advice for you, but sending hugs your way. I hope you can get to the root of what is making you sad. Do you suffer from depression? If so, are you seeing a counselor/psychiatrist? Even if you haven't been diagnosed, it would probably help to talk to someone, whether a friend/family member, or counselor. Good luck honey!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Thanks for the hug. No I don't think it is depression. I am not sure if it has to do with this guy I am chatting with because I somehow feel it is so hard to move on after my previous relationship. Also I am in a stressful period in my MA. Might as well getting overly nervous. Apparently, some of the Cypriot students suffer from "periodical depression" in the UK due to the constant absence of the sun and warm weather. If it continues though I am thinking of going to my GP.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Dear Serenity~ it is normal when a serious or long-term relationship ends to be sad and maybe even grieve. That may be why you are crying; sad over the loss of the old relationship. Maybe you should give yourself some time to grieve the loss of your old relationship before jumping into another one, but that doesn't mean you can't be friends for a while until you heal.

If the sadness/crying lasts more than 3 months, then that would be considered 'clinical depression' and it would be a good idea to get some help. Do you have any family or close friends (like a girlfriend or loving sibling) that you can share your feelings with? Sometimes, talking helps and sometimes going out with friends and doing new things helps too.

A lack of sun can cause SAD (seasonal affective disorder; think that's what it is called) and you can buy special lamps that can help brighten up your home. Open the curtains and put in florescent bulbs; this helps too. Hope you are feeling better soon, hon; will be praying for you too.

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote