Old 04-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/161/135

Height: 5'6"

Wink Starting Over.... Again...

So, months after I originally signed up here and swore to myself that I was going to make a change in my life I find myself right back at the beginning. I've gained back all the weight I lost, and I find myself struggling to get back on track. I wanted to be down to my goal weight by the time I graduated college, but since that's less then four weeks away it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Now I'm telling myself that I'll be down to my goal weight by the time grad school starts, but I'm doubting my ability to even do that. It seems like every time I set a goal I'll lose 10 or more pounds but soon be back to my old eating habits and my old weight. I'm just feeling pretty hopeless right now. I've been trying to get back on track, and I'll do good for a week then just hit a wall and eat two bagels in a row after dinner (like tonight). I feel as if I'll never get there, never have a normal relationship with food, and thus never have a normal relationship with anyone (friends, men, etc.). I don't want to move into this new life four months from now and have the same behaviors, not going out because I'm ashamed of how I look, not doing the things I love because my weight has me down. And there's so much that accompanies weight issues: self esteem, confidence, personal habit, health... It just all feels like too much to handle. I feel like I'm over my head here and just want to give up!

Last edited by summersunshine; 04-27-2008 at 02:08 AM.
summersunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #2  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Wink

hey sunshine i know what its like to have all those feelings and frustrations yr talking about. but you have to remember that yr not always going to succeed the first time. but when you hit a roadblock you have to pick yrself up and keep going. think of how proud you will be of yourself just for sticking with and staying true to yr goals for yrself...let alone how proud you'll be when you reach your goal. take time to complement yrself for even being on the road to success and take it one day at a time. you'll be going out flirting meeting ppl and most importantly loving yrself in no time. keep me updated take care and START by loving you today.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 161/161/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the encouraging words bjeweled : ) It helps to just hear some supportive thoughts. I'll be happy to keep you posted!
summersunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:51 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Forget the "I'll be at goal by the time..." Seriously. Forget them. Because, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to goal. It matters more that you get to & STAY AT goal. Why not just make a 5 lb goal to start? No end date. But at 5 lbs you'll buy yourself a little gift to celebrate.

What happened to cause you to forget your new habits & go back to the old? It's time to evaluate & keep it from happening again.

Start small, start permanent, and then continue. Don't give up! You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I was going to be thin by the time I finished high school, then college, then by the time I got a full time job, then by the time I went to university, then by the time I graduated (getting the gist of it here )

In the end? I just thought well time is going to pass anyway; do I want to remain obese and unhealthy? The answer was an obvious no and considering time was passing anyway I may as well have a good crack at it and see how I go!

I really do know where you're coming from summersunshine Food will always be an issue; it's not a nice thing to realise but it's a fact. Working out, eating right, being healthy though? All of those things contribute to a general feeling of well fabulousness! Weight loss is almost an added bonus compared to the way it makes me feel in general.

Seriously; just take one day at a time, you can do this and we're all here to help
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

I do understand what you're going through, as I'm sure many others do here, also. I'm sure there's a pretty good handful of us who have started and re-started a bigggg handful of times

But, you honestly can't beat yourself up. You CAN do this. (or tell yourself you WILL-period). Time-frames aren't important. Set smaller short-term goals. And don't leave her! I always found when I had a bad day, I didn't even log in... and when I had a bad few months.. well... But that's the most important time to be here and get support.

Hang in there!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote