Old 04-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Default And a keto question...

I know, I know, don't bother with the sticks, but I was curious so I bought some. And what I have found over the past couple of days is kind of weird - in the morning, they barely change colour, but as the day progresses they get darker, even though I'm drinking a lot of water. But I've read everywhere that they are generally darker in the morning. I'm backwards!
Sue
suechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

From what I remember reading in DANDR, you should pick a specific time to test and only test at that time everyday. If you're darker in the afternoon to evening, then that is the time you want to test everyday.

Let us know how it goes.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/155/140

Height: 5'7"

I've used them a few times a day, just to learn what's going on. And now I know. Sort of the same with weighing - lots of people are against weighing every day, but I do it because I know I fluctuate a lot and I want to know what the pattern is. Also, I think it would be discouraging if you weighed say, Friday, and while you were actually losing you ate too much sodium (or something) on Thursday, and your scale Friday shows a bunch of water weight - I'd rather know exactly what my body is doing. Anyway, the keto thing is interesting but I assume if my carbs are under 20 I must be in ketosis.

And things are going fine, by the way, this was the end of day four with no problems.

cheers,
Sue
suechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #4  
Cookie??!?!!

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'4

Suechef - Yau are not backwards. Im the exact same way - in the morning very light pink then by the afternoon they get darker. I stopped testing when I wake up and now I only test in the afternoon. When I eat too many carb they def. let me know. It takes about two days from a high carb day to get back into ketosis.
Sarae878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Do the test sticks tell you when you are doing the diet correctly
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I realize its different for everyone but...personally, they never worked for me. I lost over 100 lbs on Atkins and they never changed color
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/175/125

Default Ketosticks

They never worked for me. I just know I am in ketosis cuz I have a bad taste in my mouth and I am not hungry.....
GonnaGetThin is offline   Reply With Quote