South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF On The Beach

Our favorite day of the week, Happy Friday!

I'll have to find something special to do with Maggie this afternoon, she's very put-out because Audrey's class is doing a study on bears, and as part of it the kids are having a "Teddy Bear Picnic" today. Boy is Maggie ever jealous! I"ll have to come up with something to pacify her.

I'm not going to move my ticker just yet, but the scale was good to me finally. I've been really working hard and upped my exercise, it's about time I finally saw some results.

So how's everyone celebrating their Friday today? Anyone up for a Brazilian wax?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Just a quick drop-in this morning. I'm trying a new yoga class and need to leave the house in half an hour (eek!). I had a great day shopping yesterday and now have a few warm weather shirts to choose from. Just in time for cold weather again

Cottage- on the scale is moving again. Can't wait to see the ticker slide
no wax of any kind for me. I'm a granola chick - don't even shave my legs. I had no more room for ankle scars and gave it up years ago.

Have a good day!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #3  

Cyndi, I hope you enjoy your yoga class. I'm looking to do either that or pilates, but I can't find a class around here with hours compatable to mine.

I just waiting for my morning dose of caffeine to kick in so I can get moving. I slept miserably last night, tossing and turning most of the night, and then overslept. I didn't even hear Jake get up.
As for shaving, I shave my legs (and armpits) every single day, and have done so since I was a teen. I just can't stand feeling that little stubble. At least I'm always ready for an impromptu swim!

Survivor was good last night!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage...have fun planning a treat for Maggie..sounds like a tea party is in order! And way to go on the scale moving!Hope you have a great day and don't nick yourself shaving today!
Cyndi, have fun at the new yoga class. I really want to take one this summer.

Me...nothing exiting. Work, then I have to get serious on getting this house clean. Have to pick up MIL early tomorrow at the airport.

For the "oldies" here, remember how last summer I was on a marinated cucumber and tomato kick? Well, yesterday I harvested our first cuc of the year and was it ever yummy. That baby got marinated for a couple of hours and was great to eat while my husband was throwing back brownies during Survivor!

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-25-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh Cat, I am so jealous! I checked out my veggie plot yesterday afternoon and pulled out last year's cuke vines. Around here I don't dare even think of planting cukes until June 1 although this year may be an exception.

Cottage, I hope you can think of something fun for poor Maggie. A doll's tea party with little fancy sandwiches, maybe. Shaving? DO me too while you're at it.

Cyndi, I need to get out some summery stuff too. Our mornings are pretty cold (43F today) but the days are sure warming up. I suspect I'll be wearing a lot of long cotton skirts this summer as my knee is too ugly to show in shorts. I'm with you on the legs although the darned nurses shaved one when I had my operation. If we want to be really granola, we could cornrow them with little beads.

Donny my new Yard Man worked on his own yesterday and really made progress on the clean-up at the front and side of the house. He seems to know something about gardening as he cut back some of my perennials but left the roses for me. He has to work for someone else today but is definitely a keeper!

I am about to take my pain meds, eat a decent breakfast and get off my butt and over to the gym. It's a glorious morning and will be a lovely 15 minute drive. The leaves are coming out and the trees look all gauzy.

The hepaticas are out - trilliums to follow. I think I'll change my avatar.

Have a great TGIF!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:24 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good Friday morning!

Linda, I second the tea party idea. What about in the park? It's supposed to be so nice again today!

Cyndi, glad the shopping went well yesterday. I'd love to get away with not shaving, but I think my husband would leave me. He'd at least sleep in a different bed! I'm lucky enough to be able to shave once a week without too many complaints.

Cat, cucumbers are such a fresh and cool summer treat! We did an old summer standby for dinner last night - zucchini and yellow squash with some red onion and garlic. Tom usually grills it but as I'm not the Master of the Grill, I just roasted them and they were just as good.

Ruth, is June a normal cucumber-planting month? I'm hoping to be able to start some kind of garden this year but I don't know what I could do since we probably won't have a house until the middle of June at the earliest. Gardeners...help!!!

I'm all runned for the day and am trying to get up the motivation to start cleaning before the kids wake up. I'll probably just surf around on the computer, though, and then clean later...lazy bones... Nothing big planned for this weekend. I should start going through all our stuff and sorting out what's going to Germany and what's going to Goodwill, but I don't feel like doing it. *whine* *whine* *whine* We leave a month from tomorrow, though, so I need to get my rear in gear!

Kara
Old 04-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry, Kara, but I've sort of lost track. Where will you be in mid-June?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #8  

I'm feeling much more sociable now. I just finished a simple 1 mile workout with weights and am enjoying some oatmeal with dried apricots, cherries and cranberries.

I love the flowers in your avatar, Ruth. Are they hepaticas?

I was thinking of a picnic in the park, the weather is perfect for it. Kara, it shouldn't be too late to get a garden planted once you're settled. Gardening is big in Germany. There are even places where you can rent a garden plot, which was really popular with apartment dwellers. You'll probably want to start with nursery seedlings rather than seeds, though, so you can catch up with the other gardeners. Only another month til you leave? Won't be long now!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-25-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oy! no time today for personals.. maybe later.. but already i'm overwhelmed.

enjoy friday

cottage i saw the scale moved for you WTG!

i had the pits done too last night i'm smooth as silk now... LOL

and my hair is short and spiky and cute...

AND the scale said 219 even. April 1st the scale said 224.6...
AND next week i get to go back to the gym....

have a great day everyone.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks!

cottage
- happy scale victory! Have a great picnic today before the rain comes!
Kara sounds like a great low-key day. I could use one of those, it hasn't happened around here in a while. Too much stuff happening this time of year!
Cat, I am jealous you are getting stuff from the garden already! We are just getting ready to plant the tomatoes.
Cyndi - wish I could be a granola chick, but I shave, wax and pluck EVERYTHING. I think there must be a gorilla hiding not too far back in the family tree. It's not pretty if I let it go.
No seriously Ruth, I could cornrow if I let it go. Glad your new yard man is working out. Is he cute?
Hi Nessa, what a great start to the weekend - you should go and celebrate!

I can't count yesterday as completely on-plan, sadly. It was crazy busy around here last night, and trying to help DD finish up her project, I cooked for the kids but never got around to cooking for me and DH, so I ended up eating a little of the turkey I made them, which had white pasta in it (gasp). The sky didn't fall, so I guess I'm okay.

Survivor was so fun last night. I was worried for a while that we'd get a boring season, but with Ozzie gone, things are really shaken up. Todd is a loon, sucking chocolate off of Cirie's fingers. Ick, can you imagine how dirty their hands are? Natalie is just ... horrid, I realize, now that they're letting her talk. I don't know who I'm rooting for at this point. I am warming back up to James, but somebody please tell him to get a new metaphor and just leave the apple alone. It's not that clever, and doesn't really even apply.

My day, oy, work, work, clean, workout, work some more, laundry, plan menus. We've got a very busy weekend so I won't get much done, need to do it today. DD is going to a ballgame with friends tonight, and we'll do the usual pizza at grandma's I guess. Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-25-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good monring all - just waiting here till the coffee finishes before heading out to work. I'm so glad it's Friday!!! Or, as one of DH co-workers says... "It's the 5th Monday in a row - it's not Friday till after lunch!" I like that, describes my typical week to a T.

Well, coffee is done... I gotta fly...

OH!!! I got my kitchen scales yesterday! I was so happy!!! http://www.amazon.com/Salter-Nutri-W...125586&sr=8-42 I got both, and I can't wait to use them. One is staying here, the other is going to go to work... maybe keep it in my bag, so I'm never without.

Good luck, and have a Great Day!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Sorry, Kara, but I've sort of lost track. Where will you be in mid-June?
I know. I'm hard to keep track of, huh?! We'll be in Germany, about forty miles southwest of Frankfort.

Linda, thanks for the advice on the seedlings. It'll be a good way to ease into the gardening thing. I did well with our roses in California so there is some hope for me, although I'll need lots of guidance!

Nessa, almost six pounds this month?! Man, you rock!

Schmoodle, I was sad to hear that Ozzy got eliminated last week. I missed the show and forgot to tape it. I am also getting annoyed with Natalie. There's a line between playing the game and just being nasty rude and she's crossed over. I don't have a clear favorite, either. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks!

Mare, glad you got your scales! Have fun with them!!!

OK, I'm really off to clean this time...

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 04-25-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Kara, I was actually happy to see him go once he started reading his own press and became an arrogant jerk. He killed my Ozzie love.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

kara i have a friend (actually an admin on my board) who is a south beacher who is transferring to Germany for her tour in August. her youngest boy is about your oldests age I think... I think she's going to be in Heidleburg.... not sure... i can check if you want.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

YES! it is Friday

The scale was up .4 this morning but I am thinking it's pre period weight as it should be coming any day now. I'm all packed & ready for my trip dh & I will leave as soon as I get off work and all I know is we are going to a spa resort at a beach - I am excited as can be.

Cottage hope you & Maggie find something great to do. Congratulations on the scale movement (in the right direction) I will skip the wax as I shaved this morning (tmi I know)

Cyndi glad you had a great shopping day

Cat & Ruth I hope you gals have a great day

Kara sounds like you may need some

Nessa you sound like a whole new woman - good for you!

Hiya Schmoodle

Mare hope you like your new scales

I'm gonna be MIA this weekend but will be back on Monday - hope to check back in later before we head out.
Closed Thread