Old 04-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Tom?

So......I'm about to jump into a shower after exercise dvd and walk and voila! TOM!
I kinda thought it was weird because when I was walking, my stomach and thigh felt kinda tingly from the dvd as if it was first time doing it. So I'm thinking maybe it's because of TOM... maybe? maybe not? I don't know.

Anyways...

Well, I'm at work and man, I'm soooooooo CRANKY! It's like everything, I mean, literally everything, is getting on my nerve. It's been awhile since I've had one because I was on a birth control and I stopped taking them about a month ago..and now I feel bloated and got cramps, too..which I haven't had for a VERY LONG time since I've been on the pills. GRRRRRRRRR :Mad:

Anywho...
I kinda feel silly and stupid asking this but I see in many posts that ladies mention TOM..so how does it affect exercise/diet/weight/.....? If it even affects any?

Thanks!

Last edited by taragettingthin; 04-23-2008 at 09:22 PM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:39 PM   #2  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

I gain water weight like crazy the first few days of my period (i.e. right now...) I also pretty much feel like eating everything in sight. Trying not to, though...
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #3  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I usually gain weight either the week before or the week of...
also it makes me want to eat ALL sugar...obviously
but it also fatigues me so I am not really into working out..but I still do it

I am suppossed to get mine next week so all of the above are occuring
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:02 AM   #4  
Can't wait till 170

Yeah, that's how I am right now... I feel like eating anything and everything... although my head is telling me NO. Sigh... Well, glad to know that I'm not the only one, though.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #5  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Ugh. I'm on day 2 of mine now and I'm the middle of exams so suffice it to say I've never wanted to gorge myself on chocolate this badly in my life...haha.

I'm also not liking the 2lbs I'm up. (Yes, I weigh myself while on my period, I can't help it).
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:59 PM   #6  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I usually want to devour fatty and/or salty food the week before and during my TOM. If I indulge, I get up to 5 pounds of water-weight bloat! Ugh. And even if I don't I still get some bloat, although it's not as bad.

The week after my TOM, the water weight will drop off, and sometimes an extra pound or so will come off with it.

I will say, though, that since I have changed my diet and started exercising regularly that my once-severe cramps have virtually disappeared! It used to be that my cramps were so bad I had to take 4 ibuprofen pills at a time, every 4-6 hours, just to function. If I didn't, the pain was debilitating and I would just end up curled in a fetal position in bed all day. (This was usually only for the first 2 days of my period.) But now, I only feel mild discomfort and don't need to take anything.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wow, apple cheeks, that is awesome about your cramps!! Really makes you realize the gift you're giving yourself by changing your diet!!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #8  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

me i usually gain 3-5 lbs depending on the week before especially if i really give into the sweeets that i like the week before. the good thing at least for me is that i tend to loss the weight quickly.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #9  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

This was the first post I clicked on tonight, which is kinda funny since as of tonight I am in the same boat!! Argh.

For me, I will usually gain 1-2 lbs, depending on how bloated I feel and how much *carby* stuff I've eaten. I get wicked irritable, and basically all I want to do is be left alone to eat what I want.

My period week is the hardest part of doing WW for me...harder than weekends and holidays. It's harder because on weekends and holidays, at least I feel sane, so I can manage cravings. On *this* week though, I feel like an irritable, dumb, grouchy, crazy lady...and THEN there are the cravings! But I am trying really hard this week to not just give in like I usually do. Tonight I ate way too much bread with my dinner, BUT I didn't have dessert and I didn't buy myself any treats at the grocery, which I usually do. So it evened out. Still, there's the weekend to contend with. We'll see!
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #10  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leela0730 View Post
On *this* week though, I feel like an irritable, dumb, grouchy, crazy lady...and THEN there are the cravings!
I'm all of the above too plus lazy and sometimes down right psycho!! But I try my best to stay within my daily points which i ususally do. If i go over it's only by 2 to 5 points and i never use the 35 flex points we having during the week... If i do i'll never lose anything!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

All of the above for me! Major cramps, bloating, irritability, headache, fatigue, yeah, gain about 2-5 lbs. I've been on the pill the cramps are barely noticeable, but everything else still applies.

TOM showed up a week early on Monday, which explained the 1/2 lb I gained over the weekend. I'm just really glad it wasn't 5 lbs! I'm hoping my new diet is helping in the weight gain area. I still have to deal with the rest of TOM symptoms, but it would be awesome not to have to deal with the bloat every four weeks.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:20 AM   #12  
Can't wait till 170

Apple Cheeks, that's awesome! I hope my cramps will soon go away like yours. I remember when I was in high school, I was walking down the street on my home from the bus when the cramps all of sudden started and I couldn't walk and had to squat and just sit in the middle of the street. Luckily for me, my brother was walking by, saw me, helped me to get home. So I'm hoping I'm going to be the lucky one like you, too.

So far.. I don't really like it. Usually my cravings would be bad but because of my DD who just got a surgery on her eye and is just sleepy all day from anasthesia, I get to sit on the recliner with her on my lap all day so I haven't got to eat that much. However, the amount of "fluid" was not being really friendly and I had to tell her I had to go to bathroom quite often, which she did NOT like.
Well, I have 3 more days till weigh-in so we will see if I gained a lot...which I hope not. =)
Thank you everyone for all your advice.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 AM   #13  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I usually gain a couple of pounds during TOM but they fall off the week after.
as for cramps, Nope ive never really had cramps or bloatedness. the only bad thing about periods, imo, is the irritability. I mean, wow, i am a B*t*h for a couple of days. but other than that (and the 2 or so pounds) Im pretty much the same girl My mom says I will get cramps when I hit my 30s, like she did. time will tell...

Last edited by kisskiss; 04-25-2008 at 12:48 AM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I hate AF!! I feel so bloated and do put on a little bit of weight (like 3 pounds). I also want to eat anything salty or sugary. I get the worse cramps and backaches possible. I'm always tired too, so I'll just sleep a lot. I havent been evil or anything since I started these anti depressants..but omg, I do get sooooooooo emotional. I cry over everything!!! Its so weird, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/151/hot

I get really exhausted from doing things that don't normally wear me out. Like my spinning class seems to destroy me when I usually enjoy it. Regardless, I feel better afterward anyway.

I also crave carbs really badly. Bleh!

And I bloat. My pants feel snug around the waist. Actually, I am experiencing this right now. AF is on her way tomorrow or the next day! Goody!
twentysixpoint2 is offline   Reply With Quote