Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #294

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - well, darn, I was hoping you'd hit a big jackpot. Feel better soon, sweetie.

Ruth - wow, you've had a lot of struggles in the past few years. I guess several of us have. Good thing we don't know what's coming our way ahead of time, right? No, the Jules you knew back them was a different Jules. The one who's with us now is a nice lady with a heart of gold, that happens to be a new, 1st time grandma.

Mindee - well, at least B's problem is something easily fixed. Madison had some fluid build-up awhile back, and the doc mentioned tubes, but when she went back a month later for a check-up, the fluid was almost gone, so they didn't go ahead with scheduling the procedure.

Kate - I have to tell you, hon, I'm tired of my whole body, lol. You're right - losing any amount tends to give me a better feeling, too. I tend to wear a lot of open camp shirts or such over a tank to help hide some of my chub. I'm really glad the look is still fashionable, lol.

Pandora - so glad you had a nice Passover celebration, and especially glad you're brother and his family stopped by for dessert. Here's hoping your colonoscopy results are/were ok. When DH Neal had his a couple of months ago, the doc gave him his results while he was still in recovery. Was this just a routine procedure?

Marti - aww, the weekend will be here before you know it, and you'll be able to rest then. I don't post my number of pounds lost anymore because it's downright embarrassing.

Trish - oh my, that's so sad about your dad and his wife. It's awful that they have to go through something like this at their ages, and I hope those kids of hers realize what they're doing!

Ellen - how are you feeling?

Francie - hi

DGS Jackson is in the hospital with pneumonia, and I'll be at there all day tomorrow with him while Terry and Gina are at work. That poor kid has been so sick the entire 1st year of his little life. He doesn't look like a sickly kid, though. He looks like a buster, lol. I'll have to post a picture one of these days.

I've been getting enough exercise (for me, lol) and doing the other stuff, but I keep going over my points! Even when I journal my emotions, etc, I still am overeating. There really isn't any "bad" food in the house, but I've had too much of the other stuff.

I'll check in here tomorrow evening after I get home. Take care.

Last edited by Jane; 04-24-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

OMG!! You guys check out this video. Its a Turkish man belly dancing!! LoL!! I like how he shakes his tush at the end, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGdS0u47BY

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-24-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here before heading off to bed!

there is still a lot of cleaning that has to get done before the party on Saturday, and Tommy told me when he got home from work today that he has to work on Saturday. So, guess who gets to do, pretty much all of the cleaning and what not......you guessed it ME! Mind you, on top of taking care of the kids!

Jane~ I hope Jackson gets better soon! I had to have tubes when I was younger. And if I am not mistaken, my mom told me that I wouldn't shut up after I got them done. (which reminds me, I have been meaning to send her an email with what happened) The part that I don't understand, is how come their pediatrician didn't pick up on the fluid being in there

Francie~ That was a cute movie....I wish I could move that way!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Jane - Sorry to here about little Jackson. Our youngest DGD went through a lot of illness the first couple of years of her life. It is good Grandma can be there for him. I pray he recovers quickly.

Mindee - Tony's oldest DGS had to have tubes in his ears. It changed things for him. He is 14 now and an A student. Sorry Tommy has to work and leave you with everything for the party. Let's hope the children will be extra good for Mommy that day.

Feeling a little better tonight. Heard from my sister and Mom is a little better today and Daddy is better. (Don't know if I told y'all she went into Wal-Mart without her walker, because she decided she wanted to go find Daddy and fell and broke the bones around upper lip and around nose.) He is trying to hang in there. Her kids had to call him and asked him to come and stay with her last night and tonight because she woke up wanting to know where Daddy was and she wanted him there. Her son is wore out... he has stayed one night. He finally got mad at his sister and tired of her going on tonight and told her to shut up, get her stuff and go home. So it will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Sad thing is Mom had a slight stroke a few months ago and now she has to go back to Rehab. We're not sure she will ever be able to go home again because she doesn't seem to realize she can't get around without her walker or without help. This is very hard for my Daddy. He took care of our Mother up until the moment she died. I know he wants to do the same for Mom, but I don't think he can.

See ya Ladies tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-25-2008, 01:17 AM   #6  

Trish~ Thanks for that info on Tony's DGS. I am hoping that things will work itself out with Brandon and if he does need to have tubes put in that they work for him and help with his speech and talking.

I also hope that your Mom and Daddy are both doing better.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #7  
I was born this way hey!

Jane~:hugs: I hope Jackson gets better soon. I had pneumonia when I was little and all I remember is being really really sleepy.

Trish~Sorry you about your mom & dad. I hope they are doing better

Mindee~I wish I could move like that too, lol.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

A quick good morning to you all!!

Jane--Aww.......I hope little Jackson recovers soon! Sending Cyper Auntie hugs!

Francie--If only I could belly dance like that!!

Trish--Oh goodness....I hope your parents are both feeling better!! Ouch on the lip!!

Mindee--Hope you get some kind of help tonight cleaning so you don't spend all the time up until the party cleaning.

Good morning to everyone else!

I'm going to work early and staying late today. They've decided to move our department today instead of Sunday....so it'll be a busy day.

Before I go, I would like to report that I managed to do my walk (only walked no jogging) and felt pretty darn good about it even though I had a coughing fit after it was all done. But I did it.

Ok......gotta move!

Have a great Friday!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

Marti~Its sad that a man can belly dance like that, lol. Good job on the walking!!! Sorry about the coughing fit.

Well..last night I wrote out my workout plan for the next 2 months. It pretty much starts the day Fonzo leaves. Heres how it looks (I wont go into total detail like I did on paper, lol)

Monday: WATP The 3 Mile Walk
Tuesday: TBL Power Sculpt
Wednesday: Core Ball
Thursday: Walk Slim
Friday: 30 Day Shred
Sat: Meditation
Sun: Day of rest (with some light outside walking)

I'm pretty excited about working out now!!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Francie~I loved the video, altho, my girls said "eww"

Have to run, feeling very tired, and trying to get some normalcy back into my schedule.

Later taters!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #11  

well, today was very productive, if I do say so myself!

I got Brandon on the bus and then it was off to the races to get as much done on my list that I could before I had to get him off the bus! I vacuumed, went through the boys' clothes and pulled out the sweaters and heavy shirts and put them in a bag for now, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned up the toys, cleaned the counters in the kitchen, and I cleaned the fridge. Now, all I have to do before the party is put the toybox and loose toys in the boys room, turn the couch, turn the dining room table, and put the stuff on the porch back down into the basement that needs to go down there.

Then I got Brandon off the bus, to find a note from his speech teacher AND the principal in his backpack. The note from the principal is that a student at the school was diagnosed with MRSA, so we have to watch the kids basically. The note from his speech teacher was in response to a note that I wrote her at the end of March. She told me that they have also noticed a HUGE difference in his speech as well. She also told me that the past 2-3 sessions, he hasn't been wanting to do his part with his words. She told me every thing that she has tried with him and they didn't work, so she was asking if there is anything that we do in order to get him to cooperate.

I am going to send her and his teacher an email about the results from his hearing test, so that they are aware of it. And I am going to hold off on calling the ENT's on the list, and I will ask his pediatrician on the 30th for him to refers us to one. I know I shouldn't wait or delay it, but I know that he has some doctors that he can refers us to, and that I am sure that they work out of a hospital that is closer to us then the other doctor's that are on that sheet.

For some reason both Logan and Marissa were **** bent on NOT going to sleep tonight. So, after I got Brandon to sleep and in bed, I let Logan come out and sit and spend some time with him. We watched some tv and then I put him in his bed right before he fell asleep on me. Then I took Marissa for a walk around the complex three times, and she was still NOT ready to go to bed when we got home. I finally was just able to get her calmed down enough to go back to bed.

I got a call from Wal-Mart today. Tommy had left the information with them, but forgot to leave the names. So, the lady was calling to see if we wanted names on it. I told her that we wanted it to read "Happy 1st Birthday Marissa" and "Happy 4th Birthday Brandon." When she read back the names and spelling, she was glad that she did because she had Brandon spelled Brandan. She then said that it says to do boy girl colors.........so she asked me if pink and blue were okay. I said that it was fine, and now I am really excited and I can't wait to see it! I will have to take pictures of it before every body gets over here!

Did I mention that I managed to walk 7.3 miles on Friday between all the cleaning and walking with Marissa?

Francie~ Looks like you have a great starting point with all your workouts! I did a Walk N Tone video the other day with Leslie Sansome, and I am leaning more towards getting her dvd's. I hear her mentioned a lot on here so I might as well try it out since I can easily walk just as well and as I can do other things!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Just as I started to post, Mary came in, so I'll BBL!
Old 04-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

Francie - Your plan looks good and you have a good variety so it shouldn't boring. I have some people say you don't have as much of a chance for burnout when you do a variety.

Marti - Good for you getting your walk in. You are so busy with the move at work, I would think that would count for some exercise as well.

Mindee - You were a busy little bee yesterday and walked 7.3 miles besides. You did great. The b'day cakes sounds great. I don't remember are you having the party today or Sunday?

Jane - How is our little Jason? Your trip isn't too far away.

I lost another 1.5 lbs this week which makes me a total of 9 lbs so far this month. I hope I can lose 1 more by May 1st to get my 10 lbs for this month. I saw an ad yesterday that says for every 1 lb off you tae 4 lbs of pressure off your knees. So that means I've taken 36 lbs of pressure off my knees this month.

Talked to Daddy yesterday and he was moving things to his new apartment. He cried because he isn't sure what his future is. He is on staff at his church as administration minister and works at VFW bingo a few days a week. I am so glad he has that to keep him busy. They had been living in a house on her daughter's property. So it is good he is out of there. He says he doesn't know what will happen with Mom as her kids won't let him take care of her although they want him to stay with her all night at the hospital. She'll be there for a few more days. He thinks her daughter will finally put her in a nursing home. I think he will be okay, but it will take him time to adjust. He is a survivor. I worry more about her.

Everybody I missed HELLO. Have a great week end.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~7.3 miles!!! WTG!!!!

Jane~ Hows Jackson doing??

Trish~I hope I dont get burned out with the variety. It'll be interesting. I saved the 30 day shred for last because that one kills me, lol.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #15  

Jane- I hope Jackson is doing better!!

I have been kidless for the day. A friend of mine offered to take Connor for the night and today. I miss the booger, but I am enjoying spending the day relaxing on my new comfy sheets. It's quite dark outside too because of a storm, so it's even better.

Tonight, we were supposed to go to the Festival International but it's stormy, so instead, the hubby's father is going to take us out to eat crawfish. Yep, I'm a Southerner. The husband doesn't eat that though, so I'm sure he'll be enjoying a steak.
Closed Thread