South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Thunder

Happy Thursday!

Dawn is breaking, the birds are singing, and it's almost the weekend again.
I have supper cooking on the stove right now for this evening, and am getting ready to do the WATP 4 Mile Super Challenge before heading out to take the girls to school. Cindy and I have been sorting through all their clothes and putting away the winter things, more of that today. I will take time out to do something fun with the girls, though!

What's happening in your world today?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:09 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday Cluckings

OK, I tried to come up with something original for the title of the thread but it's too early!

My bladder woke me up ten minutes before my alarm. Grr. I'm off for a run now and then I'll be back to start the day with a spinach and egg white omelet. Can't wait for that! Scale registered 1.5 pounds lost yesterday - man, I'll take those victories when I get 'em! I'm betting a bit of this vacation weight is water, so hopefully with staying on plan I'll be back to a happier pants-fitting place in not too long.

Happy Thursday!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:10 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, Linda, I just *knew* that was going to happen! Sorry!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage and Kara!!
Quick wave and a hey...running a bit late this morning and HAVE to get my fluidity in before going to school this morning.
Hope everyone has a healthy fun day!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara, Good morning, and no problem, I just merged the threads together. Have a great run! Are you planning on doing the Broad Street Run this year?

Cat, I hope you have time to stop and smell the roses today! I'm going to cram my workout in this morning, too. I have to make that a priority these days!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Today I hate the scale. TOM is a week late and I have been blessed with 2 lbs of water. Grrrrr And I'm going shopping today.

Linda - I'm trying to get inspired by your morning energy. Bet the girls, and you, are enjoying this weather

Kara - It's nice to see your name again in the mornings! I missed all that cheerful energy. I bet you're right about the water and that vacation weight will slide back off. Did the kids enjoy Florida?

Cat - Have a good day. Are you counting down days to the end of the year yet? My Mom retired last year but used to start counting sometime in the spring.

Me - Finally meeting my Mom for shopping. Last time she was sick so we had to reschedule. It's a long day but always fun. My best friend comes with me (I think she and my Mom have adopted each other) and we bring her granddaughter. We started teaching Chloe about thrift stores when she was a few weeks old - she is a great shopper now and very entertaining on the drive

I keep getting up at 5:30 thinking I will go for an early walk as the days get warmer. So far though I've just read more forums and news and been a slug. I love long, lazy mornings. I'm hoping all you morning exercisers will inspire me!

Enjoy the day!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a busy place! I was in here earlier to read and then left to do the garbage and here you all are.

I am off to Kingston shortly to see my cute periodontist and then will do some Big City shopping. Nothing too exciting on the list but I'm sure I'll manage to find something. Kingston is an hour's drive so I like to make it worthwhile. I'll pop into the big Loblaws while I'm there for some good fruits and veggies. Our selection in our wee store is pretty sparse - or "seldom" as the locals say.

If there's time - and energy - this afternoon, I'll do more gardening. Ted and Donny worked with me yesterday but there is still lots to do.

This is going to be another glorious day. It seems like we are jumping from winter right into summer!

Enjoy!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:49 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Cottage-I had one of the WATP videos and loved it. Now that we have a DVD player, I had to get rid of that one and now I have to get it in DVD. They are so good. It doesn't even seem like you've walked that much. Love them though.

kara-I wish my scale went down but as it seems, it keeps going up or it'll stay on the same number. Thinking about walking with the kids today. We'll see.

cat-have a good day at school.

cyndi-Just be glad you get to do these kinds of things with your mom. My mom lives in Okinawa, Japan and I don't get to do anything with her unless she comes to visit. I don't have any family here so it gets pretty lonely. Enjoy your day with her.

Me-nothing much. Pretty tired. Woke up at 430 to get Leo's lunch ready and Powell woke up at the same time this morning and Kris decided he had enough of waking up early and kept sleeping. I can never get a break. This is just terrible. I haven't been exercising at all and I know that I really really need to. I'm just way too lazy. I get caught up on the internet and just don't wanna do anything all day long. I signed up for the 3FC The Biggest Loser Challenge so hopefully that'll help me. I know I can do it. I wanna get down to my goal by July because me and the kids will be flying to Vegas to visit my mom and grandma. My mom and stepdad bought a house in vegas and that's where they go now for their vacations. They are paying for all our airfare so I'm really excited. I just need to get to goal and I'll be satisfied. I think alot of my family will be there and I don't wanna go looking like I do.

Everyone-have a wonderful day.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

cottage-it's great to be able to usher in the warmer seasons by boxing up those bulky winter clothes! i admire ur exercise tenacity awesome!

kara- hope to see you in that blissful pants-fitting place *grin* min ehave gotten a bit tighter as well....

cat- halloooo! sympathise w/school day madness

cyndi-have fun with ur mom

ruth-enjoy ur day in the big city and the sunshine!!

the sun has finally deigned to grace us folks across the atlantic as well...wonderful and balmy. unfortunately i cannot enjoy it 100% as i am still in a bad way, health-wise. i get these sharp attacks of right side stomach pain coupled with continual right hipbone aches that no doctor has been able to diagnose so far. i will probably have to take a leave of absence from my job--right after i was offered the conditions i fought for. so i am waiting patiently for my mri which should shed some light on my situation.
wish me luck!
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

ola tk..we simulposted- hope u regain ur motivation! *big hug*
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oy how will i catch up

Morning. scale 219.2 down another.6 I guess it's sticking bri is home today they close the schools in his county for take your child to work day.... girl child has school. I'm at work the traffic was horrid. tonite hannah has the vet to get her phenobarb levels tested (for the newbies HANNAH IS MY DOG with epilepsy. I don't take the kids to the vet)

tomandkara hope you had a nice run. I hate when the bladder alarm goes off just before the real alarm. last night my problem was the fur baby would not settle so I slept on the couch ugh.

cottagebythesea dinner is already cooking??? I don't even know what I'm making yet! have a great day!

femmecreole have a wonderful day...

CyndiM working out sure does cut into my computer time. have a great day shopping and drat and darn about that mean ole TOM

Ruth everyone is shopping... have a great spring day my friend.

tkglenn when i was allowed to walk for exercise I loved WATP. I yelled at the tv while i was doing it. LOL

jandaman sorry to hear you are doing so poorly... hope today is a good day for you.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #12  
Trying it again....

jan-I really hope they find out what is REALLY wrong. You are too much in pain and need to get better. I would hate to live in that kind of pain for as long as you have. you are strong to bear all that discomfort. I admire your strength. Good luck. Hugs to you.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

nessa-good morning. I never yelled, I won't even yell if I'm straining with any type of exercise. lol. That's funny though. I wonder what people were thinking when they were walking by and heard you yell!!!! lol
Old 04-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
nessa-good morning. I never yelled, I won't even yell if I'm straining with any type of exercise. lol. That's funny though. I wonder what people were thinking when they were walking by and heard you yell!!!! lol

well i'm yelling at Leslie... she'll go "isn't it FUN to walk away the pounds" and i'm going "no you stupid cow it's NOT" LOL!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #15  
Trying it again....

nessa-lol!!!! That's funny!