Old 04-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Non "Plan" goals... wanna join me? April 21-27

Ok, as I have posted a few times, I always make a "non plan" goal. Something that doesn't have to do with weight loss. More something to do to make my life better, richer, more rewarding.. what ever. In the past I have tried to cut down on my computer time, added more movement into my days, gone a whole week without eating out (we normally eat Subway once a week), cut back on trips to the store (done all my shopping on one day a week including going to the produce market), and cut back on electricity usage and this week I'm trying to make myself wash the dishes after dinner. I usually let them wait till the next day and then wash a ton after lunch because they need done before I start dinner...lol. So far I didn't do it, but then last night there really was no dishes to wash, we had sandwhiches on the run. Tonight I sit here on this silly computer instead of washing them. Ok.. I'm going in just a minute to do them, but still dinner was over almost 2 hours ago!

Who wants to join me? What is a habit you want to change? A habit you want to add? After all aren't we all on a life changing mission... why not add a bit more?
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #2  

Just an update.. the dishes are done, including the pans..lol The table is washed and the floor is swept up.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #3  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

Ooh, I like this idea!!

This is the sort of thing I need...I have a terrible habit of A) bringing work home with me, and B) not being able to do/think about other things.

So here's my goal for the week: I would like to make a point to dance to a song I like (in it's ENTIRETY) once per night after getting home from work. Not only will this just be silly, happy fun, but it will also be 3-4 minutes of movement which is always good.

I thought of this because just as I was reading your post, my favorite Jason Mraz song came on the radio and I just had to get up and dance a jig. And it made me think "why not do this every day?" Next week I'll come up with something different...this is something worth making a list for! Great idea!
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #4  

Leela.. sounds like a good and fun goal! The week I did added movement I made it a point to put on some old "hip hop" music from hubby's old collection and danced like a goof with the kids... they thought I flipped my lid! Great fun and a good way to unwind!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #5  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I love this idea! This week goal has got to be put the clean laundry away -LOL- Lately I get it off the line and it gets dumped on a chair, hubby and I rifle through the pile each morning when we need to find something! I keep saying I'm going to do it yet never do so for the next week, laundry away!
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:13 AM   #6  

jitter... I struggle with this one too!!! I come from the school of why make the bed you are just gonna mess it up again anyway, and why fold/put the clothes away, you are just gonna get them right back out! My bedroom is usually a total disaster because of this.. we end up with all the kids clothes floating around our room. I just cleaned it all out last week to fit in a treadmill and it's already starting so show some battle wounds... grrrrrr.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:50 AM   #7  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Oh yeh our bed is never made! I actually don't like being in a made bed, I have to pull all the sheets out so they aren't tight.

I am proud to say I have put away about half my laundry -LOL-
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #8  

I am not proud to say that I did not do the dishes last night..lol. We are working on our garden and headed out the door to play in the dirt as soon as we were done eating. I just never got around to doing them last night.. oh well, today is another day!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #9  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Okay, so I am a MAJOR procrastinator. I have two major projects due right back to back, one on May 5th and one on the 6th. So my non-plan goal is to finish one of those things this weekend, or at least MOSTLY finish it, which would require me to read a book and write a 5-6 page paper answering some questions on it.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #10  

That is a good goal Lindsey.. I am like Princess Procrastination! That may have to have something to do with one of my upcoming goals. I put litterally everything off till the last minute! Drives my hubby insane!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #11  

Height: 5.6

Findingfawn - I know what you mean - I have put numerous things on hold to go out and play in the dirt - we have had so much rain lately that I am desperate to get out there so I am using every dry day that I can. But, I love working on my yard - it has become an addiction.

I am not so much a procrastinator - but I get so many things going that things just get out of control. So lately my chant has been "one thing at a time..." my husband has even started saying it.........LOL

So since it is supposed to rain this weekend - my goal is to get my two new flower beds set up tomorrow (that will put me up to 6 in my yard) and for the weekend - since it is supposed to rain - get caught up on at least two of my inside projects - horrible things like laundry and getting my closet organized so it won't be such a wreck....
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh excellent idea for a thread.

My goal for this week is to finish going thru the stack of old magazines sitting by the sofa. I want to tear out the recipes I want to keep and take the entire rest of the stack to the recycle center on Saturday.

I also want to get the pantry cleaned out by the end of the weekend.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #13  

Penney.. You will have to come give me some flower bed lessons..lol. We have one huge one that was here when we moved in, it's full of perrineals and weeds... I can't tell what is what so I pretty much just let it run wild! We put in a huge garden, and what we don't grow we are pretty sure to find it here on the farm somewhere (most of hubbys family lives somewhere on the land).

Photochick.. I am a horrible magazine collector. I keep them for ideas, but never go back to do them. I also hang on to them for the kids to cut up and what not. And my closet.. well that is just a disaster and as long as it stays shut I don't ask it for anything more...lol... I'm not a clothes person so there really is more odds and ends in there than there is clothes.

I didn't do the dishes again last night.. I am not good at this one at all! Hubby is on 12 hour days right now and had to be in bed by 8 to get up at 2. I wanted to spend time with him before he had to crash for the night, I know it's not a good excuse, but it's my only one...lol.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/268/175

Height: 6'1"

I could write pages on here.....

Lets start with this. I'm trying to become more earth friendly and conscious as far as water use/energy use/recycling, etc. I'm remodeling my house as we speak, and each phase of it, i'm trying to think of it in terms of being more green. . . It's very difficult, but once you've started thinking about it, it comes easier . Turning the faucet off when you're brushing your teeth, timing your showers, replacing all your lightbulbs with compact florescent bulbs..etc.

Hey... When I don't wash dishes, I even call it conserving water. I mean...
I'm going to use the same amount of water in the sink. Just less often. *clears throat*
Czarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #15  

Going green is a wonderful goal Czarria!! We plan on building in the not too distant future and are already planning how to make it a earth friendly as possible. We have already settled on some solar pannels and a windmill. The fact that we don't, as a society, reap the bennefits of renewable energy makes me more sad than anything else! All these factories who are energy hogs could be completely run on solar and wind energy just by using the space on their roofs! Crazy huh?