South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Warblings

I left the bedroom windows wide open last night and woke up to birds greeting the new day with their songs. I just love this time of the year. We spent most of the afternoon outdoors yesterday, Maggie and I enjoyed our lunch on the patio, and later I did some gardening for Cindy while the girls had a carriage driving lesson. Today will be another glorious day, but the afternoon will be filled with dance lessons.
I've been staying totally OP and even upped my exercise, but the scale hasn't budged yet. Patience!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I woke to loons and now the robins are singing "Morning has broken".

Donna is due this morning and Hersh and I will go outside to get out of her way. I'm still dabbling away at cleaning up my big perennial thread. This is Day 3. The dog garden is next and then I tackle the veggie plot. Later this morning, I'll soak in the tub and then take Hershey to do pet therapy. I may work in some more gardening this afternoon.

What a glorious time of year! Enjoy!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Is that what the robins are singing? I think we sang that song every year I was in hs chorus. Eek! I've been getting up at 5:30 now that the windows are open and the birds are perky.

Cottage - Enjoy the day! My scale seems to have the same molasses in it yours does. It sure is nice to feel more energetic this spring though!

Ruth - So do we get to see pictures of these gardens?! My lungwort are in bloom. I really love those little things in the spring.

Nothing special here today. I might get brave and wear capris. I've been waiting for the right day. Anyone else get cold more now that they've lost weight? I always seem to be cold. It's so weird because I was always hot before. Maybe I'll appreciate this when I hit menopause?!

Enjoy the lovely weather!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage and Ruth...
no windows opened here...we had to turn the air condition on last night...already! hot here. Cottage, have fun at the dance lessons (boy do I remember those days!! Although I hate to admit it now, Brittany Spears was in my daughter's dance class when they were little bitty. It's funny cause her picture is on the back of my daughter's in one of the recital programs and the teacher had printed "you'll be a shining star" under it...I think that star slipped a bit!)

Ruth, so glad you had the surgery when you did so you can go play outside now!!!

Me, nothing special, just work. Thought I was going to the jazz fest this weekend and was really looking forward to it...then my MIL called last night to remind us she was coming to visit us and what time her flight was for....I could have sworn she was coming in NEXT weekend. So much for jazz fest, but we are going down the the French Quarter after her plane lands and that should be a lot of fun also. I was going to buy our jazz fest tickets online today...so happy she called when she did or I would have been out of about 80 bucks!!

Morning Miss Cyndi...we were posting at the same time! Put on those capris and go girl!!!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-23-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 AM   #5  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

cottage-my scale hasn't moved in months. Maybe I should try exercising huh?!

ruth-sounds like you have a theraputic day today! Enjoy!

cyndi-when I lost weight in the past I was always cold too.

cat-I seen the commercials for the jazz fest here (for LA). I'm not one for jazz but it's always been interesting to see and hear. Have fun this weekend.

Me-nothing much. Just really tired. Woke up early again to get Leo off to work and my baby woke up with us and wont go back to sleep. I am exhausted. Oh well. Don't have anything planned today so maybe I can get some shut eye in.

Everyone-have a wonderful day, BTW, where's Kara?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

I'm here! I'm here! We got back yesterday. The trip was really great and we had a blast! My eating was 100% absolutely atrocious and my scale is registering quite high this morning, but I have no one to blame but myself. I am recommited to be back on track today, though. I had such good plans for staying on plan through the trip but I was not strong enough. Ah well. Lesson learned. Nose to the grindstone. I've already gotten my run in this morning (although I haven't showered yet...sorry) and I've got a nice omelet planned for breakfast so all is well.

Linda, isn't this spring weather grand? Hope the girls enjoy their carriage driving!

Ruth, good luck with the gardens!

Cyndi, I second the capri-wearing motion! Send us a picture!

Cat, glad you found out about the travel plans before you got your jazzy tickets. Hope you have fun this weekend!

Tawnya, sorry about the baby waking up. They never seem to co-operate with our schedules, do they?!

We've got gymnastics this morning and then Kadyn's AWANA end-of-year ceremony this evening so I won't have much time to think about anything today! Seventeen days until I leave on my trip!

Kara
Old 04-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning. DH and I were up late finishing our back door, then I couldn't fall asleep, so I didn't make it out to take my jog. I'm dragging now...

Kara -- glad you enjoyed yourself. Your attitude is amazing.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Kara-I'm glad you had fun. Sometimes it was worth eating off plan. As long as you're strong enough to get back on track. I'm not. It's hard for me once I've gone off.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks,
Today should be nice here, so I plan to hang at least a couple of loads of laundry. Otherwise, not much planned aside from work. I may try to run out at lunch and pick up DD's gifts and things for her birthday party this weekend. And tonight there is a presentation at school of the "family life" unit that DS will get next week, if I sign the permission slip. So I will probably go see what they plan to do. I remember getting it in sixth grade but I'm sure it's changed and I promise I'll try not to giggle this time when they talk about boys.

cottage, I had the windows open too, only to discover that the folks up the street were celebrating something late into the night... Hang in there, that scale will move!
Ruth, happy gardening today!
cyndi, yes, I've noticed the same thing. It'll be interesting to see if I suffer less from the heat this summer. I used to never get cold - too much insulation.
Hi Cat, more company! Too bad you will miss your Jazz Fest.
tk, have a restful day.
Welcome back Kara, glad you guys had a fun vacation.

Have a happy hump day, chicks, the weekend is on the way!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good Morning, Good Morning... (cue Debbie Reynolds in Singin in the Rain)

happy Hump day....

Official weigh in day for me. I cried on the scale girls. I got off the scale I walked around the room I went back and stared at it. I cried. I jumped up and down... I BROKE 220 219.8 Other than that it's just another day in paradise...

cottagebythesea I love this time of year too.. Birds in the morning are great. and yes patience is a virtue. hang in there

Ruth I'll just call you Mother Nature today ok??

CyndiM i get colder now that i'm thinner. and boy oh boy you're brave I won't do capris till after Memorial day. I guess they are like white shoes for me...

Cat i'm sorry you're gonna miss the Jazz festival but i'm insanely jealous your going to the French Quarter. I hope that next summer i can get DH down there....

tkglenn have a great day

kara glad you had a nice time... good to see you.. where's the next trip to?

FluffyK morning fluffy... have a good day!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Schmoodle we simulposted... have a great day. do they still seperate the boys and girls in the talk? I remember that in 6th grade how many years ago was that nearly 40????
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Nessa, so so happy about your scale victory! I bet all that jumping around and crying counts for some cardio, too! My trip is just back to Florida again, but this time I'm going sans kids. It'll be my first time going anywhere by myself in over six years and the first time Tom and I will have a bedroom to ourselves in about two years. Ack! But I'm super excited.

Schmoodle, is it your daughter's birthday or a party she's going to?

Tawnya, I've got extra motivation to get back on plan since I've only got two and a half weeks before wearing that bathing suit again!

Krystal, I'm still on a high from being with Tom. It'll wear off in a couple days and I'll be blubbering about something again, don't worry.

I really need to hit the shower. You all can probably smell me THROUGH the 'puter!

Kara
Old 04-23-2008, 08:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Nessa, I am so excited for you! You have worked hard for this, enjoy! You will be walking on air today.
Same for me, almost 40 years ago, do ya think they've learned anything new? Yes, they said they would separate them.
Kara, it's DD's birthday. She is my last baby and she's turning 10! She is already practicing to be a teenager.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-23-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all, going to try this again. I don't know why sometimes the post gets posted and sometimes it doesn't

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring day, it is going to be in the 90's today yay. I got my walk in already this morning and the day is started. Just normal day planned.

Have food questions-Is graham crackers ok, if not is there something out there that can replace them, are pretzels ok and if not what can be used, and is SunChips SB friendly?

Gotta go jump in the shower then get the kids up. Hope this goes through.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning chicks! Pretty quick fly by for me this morning.

Nessa Congrats!!!!!

Kara Welcome back, glad you had a good time!

Me Pretty much the same here, my desk is piled with work today. Been trying to get my camera to connect with my computer so I can post a pic of DD and I at her grand march for prom, but no luck!

Going to be near 80 here today, oh why do I have to be tied to this darn desk!?!?!?

Have a great one ladies!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 04-23-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Closed Thread