South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default I need lunch ideas

So today I didn't do as well. I ate a normal amount of calories needed to lose weight but I broke Phase 1 basically. So I have to start again. again aha. No but I'm going to the grocery store today to buy groceries and plan better because the reason I'm failing is because of bad planning.

I need some ideas for snacks and lunch food while I'm at high school. That's where I am having the most trouble with the south beach diet.

The first thing I think of when packing a healthy lunch is water, a sandwich on whole grain bread, and maybe some celery or carrot sticks.

Well obviously, that doesn't work on this diet which is frustrating but okay.

Any good bag lunch ideas?

Also I need snack ideas too that are dry and that I can sneak into my mouth during class.

Any good lunch ideas would be great. thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #2  

I like veggie soup in a flask, the rollups on lettuce are nice but messy, and of course, salads!

There's a nice reecipe for parmesan crisps - simply grate, put into little piles in a hot oven and watch like a hawk. They give you a bit of crunch for when you're nibbly.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #3  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Snacks could be string cheese, celery with LC cheese, nuts, or baked garbanzo beans. There is a recipe for that in the snacks section. I just made some today and they are really good. They almost taste like corn nuts! I also snack on cherry tomatoes and turkey pepperoni.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

There's a sticky in the FAQ section all about brown bag lunch ideas. There are a lot of helpful suggestions in there. Here's the link to it -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84859
Old 04-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

if you are a teen you should NOT be doing phase 1... Dr. A says teens should go straight to a full phase 2.. that means carrots and sandwich (with one slice of ww bread) will be fine.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

I am a law student, and have to sneak lunch in the law library, where no food is allowed. My lunch consists of 1/2 cup chickpeas (either roasted or raw--I love them), green beans I eat out of a sandwich bag with a fork, and a LF string cheese. Pathetic, yes, but it does the trick.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
if you are a teen you should NOT be doing phase 1... Dr. A says teens should go straight to a full phase 2.. that means carrots and sandwich (with one slice of ww bread) will be fine.
what?! no way! I knew my body wasn't reacting to it well. Why isn't any of this in the book lol.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
There's a sticky in the FAQ section all about brown bag lunch ideas. There are a lot of helpful suggestions in there. Here's the link to it -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84859
thanks. very helpful!
Closed Thread