South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Angry Lunch Rant.....

OK - So I had planned on a Buffalo Chicken salad with baked chicken and hot sauce today for lunch... but when I get to the cafeteria, all they have is fried chicken poppers, and a medium sauce (hot sauce, and a mild sweet sauce mixed together).

I was not happy. Then I thought I'd get a regular salad... None left. The only thing on the salad bar... dry flaked tuna, tomatoes, and processed turkey/ham. Great. I opted for the dry tuna, mixed in a little low fat Italian dressing, and I'll get my celery and hummus out... maybe another yogurt....

Sorry, I just had to complain... That was the one meal I was looking forward to, now I can't have it
Old 04-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

It is tough to depend on a cafeteria for your food. It's so easy to grab bad stuff!
But you can do it. Hopefully you can have your own food around for days when the cafeteria has nothing for you.
Good luck!
Beth
Old 04-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

personally i would NEVER depend on food at my cafeteria. I actually keep emergency food in my drawer at work for days I can't bring lunch... (rare)
Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #4  

I wasn't depending on it, but I was looking forward to it. I have celery and hummus, as well as yogurt in the fridge... but still... it's not what I wanted. I wanted the buff chix salad!!!!! LOL

I also usually don't bring my lunch, because in the summer, dinner usually consists of salads, or maybe a sandwich for DH, and some veggies for me. We don't get in from working in the yard till after 8 most nights, so it's a really light dinner. Lunch is my big meal of the day.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

what happened then that they dropped the ball? do they do this often?
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #6  

It's a new cafeteria that just opened this month. I work for a newly formed company that was a subsidiary of a larger company. We didn't have a cafeteria in the building I work in, but we were allowed to go into the former companies cafeterias... That all changed this month, and I don't think that they've gotten a handle on how service will go in this new place yet.

I'm not mad at them for running out, I'm just not happy about them running out... if that makes any sense. They know exactly how many people are in my building, and they knew what the service was like in the old companies cafeterias... It's not that hard, AVI (the food service company) can figure out the numbers.......

I'm just bummed. I won't get a chance to get another salad like that for 4 weeks.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

sure you can... make it yourself! its' better that way anyway you have total control over the ingredients...
Old 04-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #8  

I could make it, but by the time I get home, I don't have time to do it. I'm usually not home till after 6pm, then I go outside to do yard work for the 90 min or remaining sun light. After that, and a shower, I'm too tired to do much cooking.

Weekends aren't much better... Maybe this weekend though.....
Old 04-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Mare, in case you get some time, here's a recipe for SB buffalo chicken. I've made this and it's pretty good. Mmmm, it would be good with shrimp too. All that talk of shrimp in the What's for Dinner thread is making me want some...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...uffalo+chicken
Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ok, then the trick is to get one of the cafeteria people to be your buddy and hide what you want in a fridge for you before they run out.

Maybe you could explain that you can ONLY eat healthy stuff or you get desperately ill...and you throw up in public..(joking!)
Closed Thread