South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday "Earth Day" Chat

Morning, Chickies! I was tempted to take my coffee out on the patio, but it's still a tad cool out there. I'll enjoy a second cup outside once I get back from Curves.

It's shaping up to be a gorgeous day, perfect for Earth Day activities.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:10 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage and Happy Earth Day!!!

Well, I guess I kinda contributed by going out in the swamp yesterday with a friend. He planted cordgrass to stop wetland erosion out there and I just took pictures and got burned and muddy. It was great. so quiet out there. Like another world.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-22-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it's cool out there but the sunrise is happening and the robins are singing madly. Happy Earth Day!

I'm hoping to spend the day working outside - remembering the SPF30 - and will figure out something to BBQ tonight. The only sad note is that I need to help my neighbour bury her dog who will be put to sleep this morning. She has had to bury three other dogs in the time I've has Hershey who is ten.

I might get a call to pick up my compression stocking - I kind of hope not as I don't plan to use my car on this special day.

How does the Earth look from where you live? It's warm, green and flowery here.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

mornin cottage, ruth and cat!

glad ur days r starting w/plenty o'sunshine. gaea has decided to grant us yet more drizzly, cloudy weather. *sigh*

off to school, hope everyone else's tuesday is titillating
Old 04-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning chicks

It's going to be another lovely day here today. I'm getting ready to head out for a walk soon. My day is upside down because I have a meeting tonight. Our local Master Gardener group is holding an advisory meeting to decide what we want to do this summer (meetings, trainings, etc). I haven't seen most of the gardening folks since last fall so that will be fun.

Linda - have fun at Curves

Cat - lovely pictures! They make me want to visit LA even more. My Dad went to college near NOLA years ago, living with my aunt and uncle. My aunt was from one of the "old families" and he has great stories. Nice birds too

Ruth - It is green and sunny here too And we are reacting as only those in winter climates do - with complete abandon - shorts, sandals, finding millions of excuses to leave the office. My new BBQ recommendation - fennel bulbs. I sliced one up and sprayed olive oil on it then threw it on the grill. It was yummy!

Have a good green day!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, I have a fennel bulb and will do that tonight - maybe with pork tenderloin! Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #7  
-

Cyndi, where did he go to school? I'm about 45 minutes from N.O., so I'm wondering if it was here! Actually the project I went along with yesterday afternoon is through the Biology dept of the university here. It's a marsh restoration project. My husband also works at the university.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-22-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cat - It was part of the state university system there. He played basketball (I did not inherit any of his former athleticism!) for a couple of years. We no longer have family there. After my uncle died my aunt remarried and moved to Florida with my cousins.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #9  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning everyone.

cottage-have a good time at curves.
cat-those are some cool pictures.
ruth-that is so sad about your neighbors dog. We have 3 and we're afraid to even think of losing any one of them.
jan-have a good day at school.
cyndie-I wish I could go out for a walk but everytime I go out, one of my kids get sick.

me-nothing much. Just really tired. Kristopher woke up early again. I woke up to get Leo's lunch ready for work and kris woke up at the same time to be fed. He usually won't wake up till 8. Fed him and he's just not tired. I wanna go back to sleep. Got a busy day today. The doctor called yesterday about kris and he did have pneumonia. Jaisen (DS2) always gets pneumonia. About a year ago he got it so bad that he couldn't even get up to use the bathroom so he ended peeing anywhere he was laying down.

Everyone-have a wonderful day!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default Happy Earth DAY

and a cool gray Earth Day it is.

me: scale was 221.4 this morning and that was after a very salty dinner so I guess i'm now between 220 and 225... who'd have thought it. just another working day for me....

cottagebythesea enjoy that second cup and Curves... it's spring the days are never warm enough yet for me. we just got a new coffee pot and the coffee is piping hot... loving it.

femmecreole/Cat sadly i can't see your pictures from work... i'll try at home... have a great day

Ruth happy earth day... i'm sorry about the dog... does your neighbor like big dogs or boxers... bagel is 8 and going down hill fast i might grill chicken tonite.... brian might get his compression stockings next week. right now i'm still doing ace wraps for him but it appears to be helping!

jandaman have a great day at school

CyndiM happy earth day... i'm so not a gardener. you are lucky to like it. my yard stinks.

tkglenn I hope you get some rest... my older son used to get pneumonia he has asthma.... it was much worse when he was younger..
Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks and happy earth day and happy real 93rd birthday to my grandmother!
Yesterday was such a long day, the heavy rains made traffic terrible, and it took me 3 hours to get to work (90 miles). It wasn't any better coming home, but my meetings went well and I worked in a stop at Trader Joe's and the bank. After dinner, I stayed conscious long enough to help with homework and then crashed. I am still a little tired this morning, but I've got a pretty easy day ahead to recover.
I have Stevia in my coffee this morning (my TJ's finally has Stevia and agave nectar in stock, hooray! But I couldn't find my edamame, 100 calorie dark chocolate bars, or ww tortillas, boo!). It's a very weird taste, I don't think I like it much. Guess I'll just use it up in baking.

Cat, you got some great shots! I especially love the ones of the flowers and the crab traps. Now, tell me, what is the difference between a swamp and a bayou?
Jan, I love ancient Greek gods and goddesses! We are starting cloudy and drizzly too, but supposed to have a couple of fine days ahead of us.
Oh Cindy, I love all things anisette! What a great idea, I have never grilled fennel, I will definitely try that... I love it with fish.
poor tk, hope you get some rest and the kids are all healthy soon! I'm sure you're ready for summer...
Good morning Nessa and cottage. Hope you both have a great day at work!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Cottage I hope you had a great workout

Cat your pics are beautiful

Ruth a day outside would be great. Sorry to hear about your neighbors dog - that saddens me the same as loosing a child especiallu when some dogs are just like our children

Janda if I could I would send you some sun

Enjoy your walk Cyndi

Hi tk

Nessa you are doing so well - keep up the great work

Schmoodle happy birthday to your grandmother. Hope today is better for ya

Today for me is a lunch time workout and then bowling after work so I will pretty much be non stop til 10pm tonight.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone! Quick check-in for me. The weekend was great with my sisters and the Spurs winning the most awesome game I've seen in a while. Work is crazy, crazy, crazy. It's just that time of year when my posts are short and sweet! Hope everyone has a great day and I'm hoping to be able to catch up with ya'll soon!

~Kim
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #14  
-

Schmoodle...a bayou is a body of water like a little river and swamp is kind of the "gushy stuff" (kinda land, but gushy like flooded land) around it. Actually where I was yesterday was marsh...wetlands. It's where the French first sailed up when they "discovered" Louisiana.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-22-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Day 1 of the re-start down, and with the exception of the headache I'm doing well. I didn't get in my full Gal. of water yesterday - how do you gals do it? I was only able to drink about 3L. I just couldn't stand the thought of taking another sip of anything!

Good luck to all, have a Great Day!!! Time to get to do some real work
Closed Thread