Old 04-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I know it's something...but...

So today was my weigh-in..I lost 0.6 lbs. I know it's better than nothing or gaining and I'm telling myself that...but I am still little bit disappointed. My goal is to lose 1-2 lbs a week, although NSV should count more, it still is disappointing to see only that little is gone. I've been trying to eat about 1500-1600 calories daily this past week and did at least 30 minutes to an hour of work out daily. I think I did take some lots of sodium this past week because of some of my home country dishes using soy sauce and stuff...but I also have been drinking over 64 oz of water daily, too. I wonder what changes I should make or if I should be patient and just keep doing what I'm doing right now without changes and see if it will work since it's only been 2 weeks since I've counted calories. The first week, I lost 2.5 lbs..
Sigh...Well, I'm off to sweat some weight off. =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I know it's hard, but try not to be disappointed! It IS something! You have only been doing this for 2 weeks and you've lost just over 3 pounds! You're doing a great job!

Try not to focus too much on what the scale is telling you. Think about and CELEBRATE all of the good and positive things that have happened over the last 2 weeks. Keep going for this 3rd week and see what the result is. If it's still quite low, then we'll help you have a look at what your intake and outgo is.

You can do this!!! I understand how you feel... my first week I lost over 4lbs. My second... one little pound... but it all adds up to TOTAL loss!

KEEP GOING!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #3  
Can't wait till 170

Thank you Renee! =)
I actually started this journey on March 7, and lost 2 lbs in that one month. I then changed my eating habit to counting calories and lost 2.5 lbs in the one week...and now 0.6lbs.
But like you said, it adds up to total loss and at least I'm doing something to change myself, not sitting here with a slice of pizza. =)
Thanks again!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #4  

You're doing what you need to be doing. You're making healthy choices and exercising. That loss is nothing short of an awesome achievement, because it's a LOSS! Think about it, you could have been spending this time not losing anything, not changing your habits, or even gaining weight. Any loss is a GREAT loss. It all adds up.

Besides, you never know. You may have lost more than that in fat, but put on a bit of muscle. Or maybe you're retaining water from exercise or hormones or what have you. There are a million complex processes going on in your body, and that number on the scale doesn't tell you which one is to blame for the shift in weight.

Despite all that, I still say celebrate the loss. It's fantastic.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

great job, I know it's frustrating but if you continue to eat right, exercise etc the weight will come off eventually (no matter how slow the process is). You don't have any sort of crazy genetic syndrome where burning more calories than you consume will not cause weight loss.

also once you loose the weight you are going to have to continue to eat healthy in order to keep it off, so keep up the good habits and you'll get there. Tell yourself that you stuck to plan for a week rather than focus on the numbers.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

Catherine. Your last statment "Tell yourslf that you stuck to plan for a week rather than focus on the numbers" really made a big difference in my mind. I will have to make a poster with that and keep it in front of the scale so I can tell myself that whenever I am feeling down or something!

Judy Thank you for your "Bravo"! I should be telling myself the same thing and really, if weren't you ladies, I don't know what I would be doing right now! =)
Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #7  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I know its frustrating to feel like you've put a ton of effort in and gotten very little result, but figure if that was now your average loss over the next year, that would still be over 30 pounds lost, nothing to be ashamed of! Someone on these boards (I wish I remember who) once posted something to the effect of 'how many people do I know who eat what I am eating and exercise like me that are my size' and that really stuck with me. When I hit a plateau I remind myself that sooner or later my body is going to catch up with what I'm doing, and just to keep with it
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think when you hear or read diet advice that says you shouldn't lose more than 1 to 2 lbs, you tend to assume that 1 to 2 pounds is "average," or "normal." The fact is that the "average" among all dieters is actually much lower.

You're giving yourself a C minus, when you really earned a B plus.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #9  
Can't wait till 170

Kaplods I do tend to be harder on me when "grading" something I've done....I was one of those students who were not happy with A- because I didn't get A or A+. Blah... But I do think I need to look at it from different point of view now. If I keep getting disappointed, I will stray away from this life style change and I will be back to where I was before...and that's the last thing I want! Thanks for the grade!! =)

Carolineintx You are right. Sooner or later, it's going to catch up and I WILL prove it to myself that it was ALL worth it to keep with it! =)
Old 04-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Keep up the good work. I have had weeks where I didn't lose any, so 0.6 lbs is great!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote