Old 04-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #111

Here is the new thread all

Nice to have some new people joining us, I am sure you will enjoy our little group of 'feisty & sexy () 50 to 60 year olds'

I am not too sure if any of us are still 50 we should change it to Feisty & Sexy 60-70 Year Olds.

Sixty is the new 40!!!!!

Cheers
MAria

flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #2  
Super Surfer

Question A fashion question..

I have a jean skirt, and it hits me just above the ankle... should I have it shortened to calf length? Not sure where these hem lines are anymore. Now, this is a VERY IMPORTANT question... I will be waiting for opinions.

I will check back later..
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #3  

G'day all,

It is an improtant question Trudy....I tend to wear my skirts more calf length these days but wear it how it feels comfortable.
You have a little fashion guru living not too far from you , try on the skirt and ask Slavika what might look best.

Hope to finally finish my American book this weekend, I should do it.

Have a great weekend all,

Cheers,
Maria
Old 04-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thanks Marie for starting us up for the new week.I was so excited that my DH wanted to go for walk with me this morning. We went along the beach route.What a gorgeous day for being out doors. The birds are singing and the temps are in the 70's.

Trudy-SorryI have no idea what to tell you as I ware slacks all the time very wear dress or skirts anymore.
=============================================
Menu[18.5]need to add 3.5 to hit my target of 22.

b-PB & jelly on 2 mini rice cakes,soy milk[5]
d-L/c steak tips dijon,green beans,salad with dress[5]
sn-ww yogurt[1]
supper-tuna burger,2 slice HF bread broccoli & berries[5.5]
des-popcorn & lemonade[2]

I sure I'll find 3 points some where by the time the day ends.

==============================================

Have a great afternoon

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all:
Just got to read all the posts I have missed since being busy with the Fifties Party at our clubhouse. It was a success, and everyone enjoyed the meal and the entertainment. We served 144 dinners. A typical Fifties menu of Meat Loaf, Mashed potatoes, Brown gravy, Corn, cabbage salad with pineapple , rolls and chocolate cake. I discovered by going on line what the favorite fifties food was. And I guess it certainly was true, since people were very happy with the dinner.

Now, welcome to our board, you new gals. I'm happy to think that 60 is the new forty. I'm hanging on there sort of by my thumbs I guess. So maybe I am in the 'new fifties'. : You can figure that puzzle out

Happy Birthday, a bit late, Glenda. It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Trudy: I agree with Maria - wear your hemline where ever you feel comfortable. You see women with all length hems. And even trying on clothing the hemlines seem to be varied. I have a couple of dresses that now are so long that I need to shorten them My problem is that I like the dresses, and they are old, and I have shrunk in height since I first got them. I bought a new skirt and it is about mid calf. I had a hard time finding a dress that I could really like, since some of the new styles seem wierd to me. Is that because I am 'old'? :

Maria: Not long before your trip. How long a flight is it for you to go to Maylasia? I have very little concept of distances in your part of the world.

Karen: Your remodeling sounds very nice. I know what you mean about having difficulty doing projects together. Because of course we gals know how to do it, : and of course the guys can't buy that at all. Then the war begins. I am glad that you two started a new precedent. Are you finding any difference since you are having the B12 in your energy level? Sure hope so.

Congrats to all you gals on the losing streak. Keep up the good work.

Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #6  

G'day all,

Yet another beautiful sunny day here BUT NO RAIN

You must all think I go on a bit about the lack of rain but it is a real problem for us. My lawn has died because we are not allowed to water, my plants are just hanging in there, I cannot imagine how the farmers must be feeling. So much rain on the east of our country but little in the middle where we are.

Ann it is an 8 1/2 hour flight to Malaysia, NOTHING is closeby to usI leave here at 2 pm and arrive at 9pm which seems OK but coming back I leave Malaysia at 9.50pm and arrive the next morning home at 6.45am.
I am not quite sure of the time difference, I have a clock on my desk with Malaysian time so I don't have to try and figure it out when I call Alan.

I am off to travel to where the quilters group ( I am doing the website for) meet every week. It is about a 2 hour drive and I will stay the night with a friend before meeting everyone tomorrow and photograph the quilts.

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Feeling great this week,being that the sun is shining and then temps are going up to walk along the windy beach.

I have a question about strawberries, the fresh ones are 1 pt for a 1 c and 0 pts for 1 1/2 c fresh frozen strawberries . Whats the difference? I was puzzled checking my food companion and than on the official WW site both say the same.

My menu=17.5[need 3.5 pts more]
b-lite cream cheese,tomato & pepper slice on mini bagel,soy milk[6]

d-Swedish meatballs,with mashed potatoes,and green beans[5]

sn-1c fruit cocktail[2]

supper-Canadian bacon on 2 slice of WW bread,lettuce, tomatoes w) Bal V[3]

des-salsa on 2 mini rice cake,WW yogurt[1.5]

=================================

MARIE-We had enough rain,happy that the sun is shinning again.Sorry about your drought.It must be the dry season your experiencing.We have dry lawn also but its not mother naturing doing,it our management that doesn't take care of it.

ANN-Thats sound like a delicious comfy menu that you had for the fifty party.
Glad that your party was a success.Thanks for the congrats, Its seems easier this time around,joining WW and staying for the meeting than it did years ago.

Have a great afternoon

Hugs BB
Old 04-22-2008, 05:45 PM   #8  
Fun Blonde

My goodness, welcome to all the new people. Lifedieter, your name could do for every one of us. We are all Life dieters, aren't we?

Maria, I read that Australia's severe drought and the US's use of land for biofuels has made food prices so high that many people in some nations are rioting because they are hungry. Isn't that sad? And we are all "dieting."
I bet Alan is looking forward to your arrival.

Ann, your food sounds great no matter what decade we live in. Meatloaf is Leon's favorite meal.

Trudy, I think your hemline is a personal thing. I am so short and dumpy that with long skirts I don't look like I have any legs, just little wheels. I like my skirts showing some leg, at least "some". But you should have your DD look too. She will give you a "young" view.

Karen, if Leon and I worked together, we would not have been married 45 years. He is so meticulous that he drives me crazy. He is slow and I am fast and impulsive. I have seen him just stare at a wall of screws at Lowe's for minutes, or what seems like hours. We are such opposites.

Well, we are getting a new roof sometime soon. At least it is in the process. Our whole addition looks like roofing companies are staking out their claims. There are roofing signs in each yard. We got our car back yesterday. It was totaled but we bought it back. poor thing! It is quite pock-marked, but very serviceable. We thought about going with just one car until I remembered what it was like when Leon had early overtime. I am too old to take him at 6 and then go back home and get ready. So, we kept the pock-marked car.

Hope everyone is fine. I like that, Maria, 60 is the new 50. Anyone keeping up with "Dancing with the Stars" this year? I can't get "into" it like last year. Oh well.
Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

I've been keeping up with Dancing With the Stars, and was sorry that Marlee matlin was voted off tonight. But I think that it is amazing that she went as far as she did, being profoundly deaf. I think that Christie (olympic champ) has got to be the winner. She is outstanding, and her figure skating experience just has to make a difference for her. I think the others are trying very hard, but I don't think that there are the quality of dancers that have been on the show in previous years.

Planted a few more flowers last night so now my garden is complete. If we would just have some rain. Now I have to water them. At least we are able to water. It must be hard Maria to see your lawn and flowers dying for lack of water.

Off to bed now. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #10  

G'day all,

BB seems a little strange about the strawberries, I thought they would all be same

Glenda it does seem obscene with countries like USA, Canada Australia to have so much and so many people going hungry

The Olympic torch arrived in Australia today, everyone is expecting demonstrations..

Yesterday I went to take photos of the quilts the ladies have done for the quilt website I am doing http://www.fleurieuquilters.org/
I still have a little slideshow on the homepage of quilts that I photographed in Amish country, soon I will put the master pieces of this group on-line. Unbelievable how beautiful some of the quilts are.

I got a really bad cold and hardly any voice, this morning I rang my daughter and she thought I was a man She had a good laugh when she realised it was me!

Cheers
Maria
Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #11  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies
Maria I may be the only one but I am 55 maybe we should go with fiesty & sexy seniors!!!!

the weather has been beautiful here sunny, warm so we have spent most of the last 5 days outside working in the garden We have the areas ready for our raspberries and grapes I have planted lettuce, onions snow peas and sugar snap peas We still need to replant some of our plants that we started

Ann we are about 20 miles away from one of the areas that are flooding the river thaty runs through the town is way up and some of the people who by the river have water in there yards there is a hotel along the river and they had to put sandbags to try and kepp the water out of the forst floor of the hotel

Hope everyone else is doing well BB congrats on the weight loss
Suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another sunny morning,hope to take a stroll,along the buy thoroughfare today,Leo wants to stay home. Later on I have choir practice.Found a exercising DVD that I bought from Prevention that I had stuck in the back of the VCR,Called Get Moving!! with Chris Freytag.What a workout.She has several exercise routines on this one DVD,one for every day of the week. Going to used it tonight,did to burn some calories as I get W-I tomorrow.

Marie-I'm going to ask my leader at tomorrow's meeting,as I like fresh strawberries but they don't keep as long as the fresh frozen ones that Dole packs. Well post what she tells me.

Suz-I hope I will able to lose again,as I'm really watched what I ate along with portions. Well see, cross your fingers for me.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-23-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #13  
Super Surfer

Talking Hi all..

It was nice to read so many posts. Everyone seems to be doing good.
Glenda I did talk to my DD and she thinks I definitely have to shorten the skirt. Actually, I have had it for ages, she was in University when I bought it... I don't get rid of clothes quickly I remember driving her to the bus stop downtown and then running into The Bay to pick one out.
I think it is a good thing you are keeping the pock marked car. The worst thing I ever did was give up mine when my DH retired.
What is it about meat loaf? Every time I make it my DH compliments the meal.
I am watching Dancing With The Stars. It isn't as good as the last two sessions, but I am enjoying it. I felt bad for Marlee Matlin too. It never seemed to me that she was deaf the way she danced. Amazing woman. I think Kristie should win, she is terrific. Did you see the part where they showed her as a baby? She was born with Clubbed Feet.
BB That sounds like a good DVD. Prevention always has such good information about health and fitness. I always find that the strawberries spoil so quickly. They have to be used the same day or they start to get spots. I love fresh strawberries.
Suz Your part of Ontario sure did get a lot of snow this year. Good thing the flooding isn't near you. We got so little snow, that there is no danger of the Red flooding this year. However, we might get some white fluffy stuff tonight. That cold snowy weather Alberta & Sask got is heading our way. HOPE NOT!
Maria The website is nice, beautiful quilts. I too read about the wheat and corn shortage because of the bio-fuel. I wish these experts would come up with a better idea. Too bad about the cold. So, you sound like a frog..
Ann Do you have flowers growing all year long? It will be another month before we can put ours in. Can't wait. I love planting and tending to the flowers. My DH does the vegetables.
Hi Gloria, Peggy, Karen and Slavika

Last edited by Trudy; 04-23-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Got a late start,have to go to my WW meeting and than grocery shopping. Will be back later.

HugsBB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-24-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #15  
Fun Blonde

Well, BB, what was the result? Hope it was great!!!

Hey guys, today is the first day I didn't have to sign in here. Wonder what happened?

Today is Thursday, so I have just one more day and then I am off for a week. I am just tired and have plenty of annual leave, so what the? Anyway, if you can take my name off until Monday the 5th, I would appreciate it.

I am going to sleep in extended mode, watch TV and for three days have my brother and his wife and sister and her husband. This is just devoted to having fun, I guess pretending to be retired. Ha!

I have so enjoyed my MP3 player. It is a Zune, a microsoft product. It is so easy to download my CD's. My kids gave me a gift card for more music. Anyway, this has made such a difference with my walking. I am still short and fat, but I am so darned happy. This walking can sure be an anti-depressant.

Suze, you sound like you are working like a farm hand. But I know you like it. We should be getting new roofs next week. Probably around the time I have company, just hope not.

Karen, are you feeling better? I so hope the iron supplement works. I know you walk all the time with Sprout, so my walking theory won't help you. I am sure enjoying walking to music all the time.

Anybody watching American Idol? This is my first year. I certainly don't agree with the voted-off contestant, but what the hey? I did agree that Marlee had gone as far as she should go on DWTS.

Slavika, hope it has rained there so your Patches has become white again. Our Ginger is doing so well. She may be learning how to play. She is so much a lap dog that I need to get away from her sometimes.

Well, all have a great day.
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote