Old 04-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default So this totally didnt work...

I was thinking back to the last time i lost weight and what i was eating... i wasnt paying attention to what i ate much at all and regularly had taco bell tacos... hhrrmm... (what i left out of that equation was i was not living with an emotional vampire of a boyfriend and ran with my dog i had at the time 3 times a day...)

so for the past few days i decided to try to "not care" what i ate and exercise as i normally would...

and when my daily calorie tally came up.. 2900/day if i eat on my own..
i decided its back to calorie counting for me.... and to continuing to search for the perfect new best friend... and how to kick the boyfriend out...!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #2  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

That's awesome you are changing habits that are unhealthy. Props to you. I giggled when I read your emotional vampire of a boyfriend phrase.. It's way easier for me to control my eating when I live by myself. I am recently divorced and found it WAY easier to eat healthier because the exhubs wasn't buying all his chips and junk food and I should have a stronger willpower, but in the beginning of dropping bad habits its just better not to have that stuff around!
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Definitely kick the boyfriend out if he's no good for you, no one deserves that! Kudos to you for re-gaining new habits!

Last time I lost weight (before I married/had baby) I lost my first 50 lbs doing weight watchers (on my own) and then lost the last 40 "going with the flow" (eating sensible, stopping when satesfied.. eating when hungry, etc). I tried that this time, but wasn't ready for it.. weight loss was TOO slow for my liking. I started counting calories last week for the first time ever, and I've already shaved off 3 pounds Point being, I understand.. and we're in the same boat
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #4  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Good for you.

I'm always so jealous of the people who eat 1200 calories a day and feel full. I can eat twice that much and still get hungry. I guess that's how I regained 6 pounds. So it's back to calorie counting for me as well.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote