South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Clucking - April 19 & 20

Lovely day happening out there. Hersh and I are having 2nd coffee on the deck and then are off to the Fair Office to set up for a child registration project that will be happening along with the Syrup Festival. Right now folks have set up syrup selling booths in the village and there are people mixing pancake batter at the Hall. It's supposed to be a lovely weekend.

I'll be away most of today so behave yourselves!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lovely day shaping up here, too.

Ruth, enjoy your day playing Grandma, you have the best job for the festival! One day I'm coming up there to get a bottle of your local maple syrup. Sure glad you have nice weather for it!

After breakfast we're going to hit some yard sales, then come home and putter around in the garden the rest of the day. The yard needs mowed, then Jake wants to put down a fertilizer treatment. It's supposed to rain the next few days, so it's a good time to put it down.

Star, I'm so glad all went well for your DH yesterday!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:37 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

ruth have a great day...
same for you Cottage

sunny here... beautiful here.... warm here.

today is cleaning for me with girl child
then shopping
dh is going racing

i was up at 5:30 with the stupid dogs....

have a good day everyone.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

morning ladies!

ruth, cottage and nessa-enjoy ur gorgeous sunny weather..still raining here

me: sarcoidosis diagnosis 100% negative. i am ecstatic! woo-hoo. still have no actual diagnosis but i am still so relieved-- i was so afraid. and my boss has offered me better conditions and ...i have maintained despite everything going pear-shaped

to all who follow: enjoy ur weekends and here's hoping u've got mondo sunshine!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
I was extremely well behaved at my grandmother's party last night, fortunately there was lots of salad and Diet Coke, and I got rewarded by the scale god this morning with 2lbs. down! I am also wearing a cute sexy silky nightie I haven't worn in years, so today is a happy day.
Today should be nice weather. DD has an ice skating birthday party to attend, DS has horseback riding, then a sleepover at the farm tonight for the teacher's aides, and hopefully DD1 will finish painting the living room. I'll be working on Mount Laundry and switching out the winter clothes for summer. Hopefully we (by we I mean DH mostly) will get the garden plot fertilized. I got a meeting with my program manager thrown on me late yesterday for Monday AM, so I will also be working to get ready for that, ick.
Happy shopping, Nessa, are you shopping for you?
Hope you score a great find at the yard sales cottage.
Wish I could come to the festival today Ruth, sounds like so much fun, and my kids would love to visit with "grandma."
good news, jandaman, woo-hoo!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-19-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Here are a couple of pictures of the birthday girl:

Isn't she amazing? I really hope I got the genes that'll have me looking this beautiful at 93!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

Schmoodle---she is gorgeous!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

schmoodle- ur grandma looks fantastic, fingers crossed u've inherited her longevity!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

jandaman congrats on the negative test
schmoo grandma is gorgeous and way congrat on 2 pounds down

i will shop for girl child and maybe for me.... if she ever gets up.... she has to clean the house before she can shop today and she's still cleaning.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Ruth - have fun at the festival!

Cottage - I hope you had good luck at the Garage Sales! I wish you many great bargains!

Nessa - Have fun shopping and such.

Janda - Congrats on the good news. Every time you knock something off that list, the closer you are to answers.

Schmoodle - Congrats on the 2lbs. down! You're grandmother looks fantastic!!! WOW!

I was really hoping to sleep in a little but the dogs woke me up to go downstairs, so I'm up at 6:45 this morning.
Last night's Bunko was a lot of fun. I played so poorly, but it was ok because I ended up with the most looses so I got my $5.00 back! Sometimes it's good to suck!

Tonight we're headed to the Angel game. First game dh and I will go to this season. And we're hoping to go to a few more. We love our Angles. Before that we've got a tailgate party to go to. I'm planning on bringing a really big salad so that I know I've got something to munch on. It should be fun!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning all, it sounds like a busy weekend for everybody...
Nessa have fun shopping
schmoo- congrats on self control- i have yet to get that part down.. And 93 is an awesome age, my great-granny made it to 100! And she looks good doing it!
Janda- I'm glad it wasn't sarcidosis... That's a yay! Hopefully they do find something, and good news on the job front too!

As for me, I just woke up.. We'll be cleaning up the house a bit and then off to work with the DH. I will be setting up the plant plots outside in the mornings... there is no sun later on.. I'm nervous to just leave them out there... We'll see how they do. Anyhow...off I go.. oh and Sunday, church and then family dinner. A more relaxing weekend after my grandmas funeral, I'll take it.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #12  

Nessa, I hope you had a great day at the stores! What did you buy for yourself?

janda, thank goodness your test results are negative! Are you having your thyroid tested, too? That's fantastic that you aren't letting all this be an excuse to go off plan.

Schmoodle, on losing another 2 lbs! I've been watching your ticker, and there's been a lot of activity on it lately. Good for you! Your grandmother looks amazing! Are the children your DD and DS? They are darlings! I couldn't help but notice the Longaberger dishes, too. I used to be a huge Longaberger collector.

Mary,

hmacneil, I miss my Bunco nights! I haven't played since Jake retired from the army, what memories that brings back! Have fun at the tailgate party and the ball game today!

tdiprincess, I hope your plants were ok today. Enjoy your restful weekend!

We didn't make it to any yardsales today. Instead, Jake took me to breakfast at the Pa. Dutch Smorgasbord, where I did very well, BTW! I had a veggie omelet and baked oatmeal w/ SF syrup, and some fruit. Afterwards we bought groceries at the Amish market before heading home. We got some yard work done, but the heat is slowing us down. It got too hot too soon! Dustin, Andrea and the grandkids are coming over shortly, and we're going to fire up the grill. Hamburgers and macaroni salad for them, and chicken breast and ww couscous salad for me. I also made a SBD-friendly strawberry mousse for dessert with some fresh strawberries.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-19-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Cottage - Sounds like you had my favorite kind of morning. BTW, where do you find WW couscous?
Old 04-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #14  

I found it at my local grocery in the health food aisle. It's made by Fantastic Foods.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Amazon also has 2 brands (I had to look after I read your post

I'm home and very exhausted. We drove to the coast, birded all day, and drove back. It was fun but I'm ready to fall down. Hope you all enjoyed the weather as much as I did (not to self - must remember sunscreen on the chest).
Closed Thread