Old 04-18-2008, 07:57 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Talking One Year & 90 Pounds...

Ladies & Gents - I hope you don't mind me celebrating a day early, but quite frankly I'm too excited to wait any longer.

Tomorrow is April 19th, 2008. It's my first anniversary of healthy changes!

The year seems to have both flown by & dragged on simultaneously. I'm just so happy to still be here. To still be going on. I've had my share (and then some! ) of mistakes and bad decisions, but all I can think of right now is how grateful I am that I didn't let those times keep me from continuing.

And look! Look at what I've been able to accomplish in this year! I've just started to venture into jogging (Me! Jogging! It's insane! ), I walk & treadmill frequently, I enjoy yoga, I can take flights of stairs without being winded, the food I eat is more delicious than ever , I've learned to listen to true hunger, and I'm down 90 lbs. Halfway. Halfway! I feel confident, energetic, and gosh darnit I'm proud.

I have a long road ahead of me still. But, somehow, seeing that I can make it through an entire year helps me to visualize the rest of my life... living like this, eating like this, moving more like this... and it feels good. No... it feels GREAT!

Lastly, and very importantly, I want to thank each and every wonderful person here at 3FC for contributing in their own way. Thank you for sharing your highs & lows, your middle grounds, your advice, embarrassments, and discoveries, your off topic situations, for allowing us to celebrate with you, and help soften the blow of disappointments. Thank you for sharing your stories, and your lives. It means the world to me to come here and know that I'm part of a group of people who are all aiming for the same goal. Thank you!

Here's to a new year!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Oh Faerie, congratulations! 90 pounds!! That is absolutely amazing and I am so happy for you. You must look and feel wonderful. You are an inspiration to us all.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Whew Whoooo!! Congratulations, keep on keepin' on.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

It's a great day to look back and appreciate all the healthy changes you've made and the difference it's made in your life! Great job! And you are a wonderful example that even if you have rough days or make mistakes, you just keep going and you WILL get there. Your journey will inspire so many others (including me). I'm so happy for you!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

congratulations!!!!

you're doing a AMAZING job, and you're so helpful and inspirational to EVERYONE on this board. You always have something positive to say.
Faerie, you're one of the people that really makes this board a community by participating so much, and sharing your knowledge and insights with everyone.

I am happy to be celebrating with you - and honestly every day of healthy changes should be a celebration - an anniversary is like a double celebration!
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are truly an inspiration. 90 pounds lost is absolutely amazing!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

That is great! You are an inspiration!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

90lbs in a year is stupendous. Celebrate all you like.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Fantastic! This is a wonderful accomplishment! I know you must feel proud and I am very glad you posted this. It's good to see that losing a large amount of weight is possible.

BRAVO
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #10  
Downsizing Dee!

Wow - what a fantastic accomplishment! That's great!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #11  
No description available.

Congrats on your amazing loss so far! I'll be looking for your 2 yr anniversary post!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Faerie, I am so happy for you! I'm gonna keep telling you this in every thread I see you in for a while yet. That's such an amazing accomplishment, and I'm sure you're just positively glowing with pride!

suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome!!!

And your post could not have come at a better time for me. I am only in my 2nd week of my "re-start" and I had a slip-up last night. I got right back on this morning, but reading your post just reaffirms that we will make mistakes, but it's the "keep on going" that really matters!!!

Thank you!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Well done, Faerie!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default You've had QUITE the year!!!

You can not imagine the smile that came upon my face as I was reading your post. I am just so incredibly happy for you. To hear of these changes and how they've affected your life is just, I don't know, there's just no words to describe it. Ummm, maybe I'll turn to the smilies......

:::cl oud9:

All right, that still didn't quite get my point across, but yeah anyway, CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the AMAZING, AMAZING work!!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote