Old 04-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #1  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Default Buying new clothes :-/

So im only down 20lbs (i dont mean that likes its a bad thing or not enough) I just mean that I have quite a bit more to go. My pants are getting super baggy. Shirts not so much but i have so many that even when i do start to lose more i wont need to buy any. Anyway i am really kinda dreading buyin new pants. I mean i know its a step to know i am losing but i just dont want to spend money on clothes that will hopefully only fit for 3 months. Anyone feel the same? And i obviously dont want to walk around looking frumpy
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #2  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

I know how you feel, but on the plus it will feel great to get a smaller pair of pants on. I sucks to spend cahs on clothes you wont wear long, but try only spending at walmart, etc so you arent burning a hole in your pocket to only wear something for a few months.
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I've went from a size 22 down to between a 12 and 14 now (my 14s are baggy). So I understand. I love the fact that I have a fashionable new wardobe, that I can shop in regular stores, and I can borrow other peoples clothing but I hate the fact that I had to get ride of 10+ bags of clothing and have to buy a new wardobe that will still have to be replaced. I guess it is a small price to pay. I try and shop clearance and sales rack. I am also not above going to the thrift store to find things. I got a very cute new york and company sweater there just the other day.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  

Goodwill stores are amazing for this kind of stuff.

I also just like going to Goodwill to hang out and look around, but that's another story...

cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

While I was losing I shopped at Goodwill and Salvation Army .You can get surprisingly good clothes there., many times you can find brand new clothes and cheap.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

I totally agree with the advice on goodwill/thrift store buying for right now. If you've never gone you will be surprised at what you can find. And if you don't find anything the first time, just go back. The merchandise changes all the time.

Don't put off looking good untill later "when I've lost the weight". Start right now caring about yourself.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #7  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Don't put off looking good untill later "when I've lost the weight". Start right now caring about yourself.
I definitely agree! I really don't think there's any better motivation than looking in the mirror and really loving what you see. Of course like everyone else was saying, this doesn't necessarily mean that it has to take a toll on the wallet.

Maybe you could invest in a couple of nice pieces that would be easy to take in and such?

And congrats on the 20lbs--that's awesome!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

Have you thought about taking your pants in yourself? I have to do this to all my pants anyways, but there are some really good sites that explain it very well on how to take them in. Good luck and great job on the 20 down!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #9  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Me too--- I've lost 36 pounds and my pants are MEGA baggy... but I can't see the point in buying new clothes only to outgrow THOSE in a few months!! So I'm sticking with baggy for now... I'm trying to learn how to use my darned sewing machine to take in some shirts, but so far I'm able to see the threads in all the new seams... even when I make them "tighter" it still pulls apart and shows.

So frumpy it is for now... I can save "fashionable" and "sexy" for when I lose more!!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

I also am sticking with my baggies for a little longer. I have lost 18lbs. My shirts are okay still, but my jeans hang on me even right after they're washed. I personally can't find clothes very often at places like goodwill/salvation army but I think it may be because I'm 20. I like lower cut jeans and it seems everything at the thriftstores are up to my armpits. I know you can find SOME, but they're few and far between and I don't like digging through those racks!
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #11  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

we should organize some sort of clothing swap. Im sure we could somehow make it fair you know ...
For instance someone going from a size 28 and needing 26s I could sent them 2 outfits or something. And somone who is wearing a 24 could sent me two outfits and then someone would send you size 22s... like a full circle clothing swap.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

I shop the thrift store often so my wordrobe changes often. Whenever I go down a size I buy at least one pair of pants and a few shirts in that size. Belts work too.
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote