Old 04-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Need a Visual

I’m going to hit the salad bar in our new café for lunch today. Can someone tell me what 2 oz of shredded cheese looks like? For 1 dairy.

Would it be ¼ cup? ½ cup? A couple tablespoons?
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

I don't know, Jill....someone will.......but let me just say how good you are doing Planning is the key.......and you obviously are doing just that Good for you......keep it up!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #3  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Still working on finding the "shredded", but

1 1/2 oz. of cheese = the size of 3 dominoes or a 9-volt battery

This would be solid though. I'll find something now that it is driving me crazy.

According to the recipe I just found 4oz is 1 cup for shredded cheese, so you are looking at 1/2 a cup for a full dairy of shredded cheese.

Last edited by krjpy; 04-17-2008 at 12:10 PM.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #4  

Thanks!

The whole estimating thing is something new to me that I'm really trying to work at. I try so hard to be "perfect" all the time and when I'm not I use it as an excuse to fall of the wagon. I literally weigh and measure EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. While this is a great habit, it limits me for spur of the moment decisions, even those that are good for me.

Like today. I wanted a salad w/ my pre-portioned sandwich from home. A SALAD for god's sake. I almost didn't let myself have it b/c I couldn't weigh everything and wouldn't have the nutritional information for the dressings & cheese downstairs. I decided to go for it.....and it feels good.

I got a salad w/ romain, iceberg, peppers, cucumbers & shredded cheese. I chose the FF Italian dressing. I eyeballed everything and did my best to stay w/in the portion sizes. I actually probably went a little light b/c this looks WAY smaller than my salads I weigh out at home. I'm counting it as 2V, 1D & 1F. Totally reasonable don't you think?

I'm trying to give myself more freedom here. I think it will allow for longer periods OP.

And Kelly......thanks for your other thread! That's definately a print-out for me.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #5  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Anytime!

Your thread got me thinking, so I went looking.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote